Hacking libwupc - A WiiU Pro Controller Library for Wii Homebrew Applications

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes you can, as long as you are using a homebrew compiled with this library it will work when you are inside that homebrew.

Synch the controller with the red button when you are on system menu. it will blink and quickly shutdown. System menu can't synch the controller so it's normal.
Launch compatible homebrew, and press any button on the controller to synch.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes you can, as long as you are using a homebrew compiled with this library it will work when you are inside that homebrew.

Synch the controller with the red button when you are on system menu. it will blink and quickly shutdown. System menu can't synch the controller so it's normal.
Launch compatible homebrew, and press any button on the controller to synch.

thank you, it is working now.

Reactions: Margen67

retrokevz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to revive this old thread. but what am i missing? i cant seem to find out how install or download the files i need :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you don't understand what it is, then it's not for you.

It's not something to download and install, It will not add WiiU pro controller support to your console/game/wii/wiiU/gamecube/etc.
It's a tool for developers to add the controller support to their homebrew's code and will enable the use of that controller while you are inside the homebrew (you can't leave the homebrew and keep the controller enabled, for example USBLoaders can't magically add support for unsupported controllers to Wii games).
If you are not developing homebrew, this thread is not helpful for you.

If you want to add support in existing homebrew, you need to edit the sources and recompile the homebrew.
steps and code to use are located here : http://code.google.com/p/libwupc/source/browse/#svn/trunk
I made a patch for r4 here : http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/browse/#svn/branches/libs/libwupc
r4 (or r3 mod2) adds L3/R3 button support.

Lazareth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I'm in the right spot, but I think I am (since it is FIX94's thread about WUPC support).

I am having issues with my 3rd party Wii U Pro Controllers that rely on this library to add WUPC support.

My WUPC controller is the PowerA brand, model # 235146.

The controller works properly in:
  • Wiiflow
The controller works mostly right in:
  • Nintendont (I occasionally have issues with connecting, but otherwise works great when it finally connects)
The controller does not work right in:
  • Devolution (I know he has his own thread, I've messaged him about it and he may or may not be working on the issue, last I heard from him was Monday when I tested a workaround)
  • FCEUX
  • VBAGX
  • pretty much anything using the library.
I am guessing that it might be something in the way the library handles WUPCs. The only thing I can say for certain about this controller is that it does not send back the 10 extra padding bytes when connecting.
Is there a way that I can get more technical information on the differences between this controller and an official controller to help in adding compatibility?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Devolution doesn't use this library. it has its own interface to read the controllers state.

all homebrew using this library should work the same way as it's only a file added to the projects and recompiled.
Maybe the other libraries are at fault (libogc version, etc.)

I don't know enough to help you with technical information and data structure. I'll let FIX94 answer this.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
all homebrew using this library should work the same way as it's only a file added to the projects and recompiled.

That is correct, I dont see any reason to why it wouldnt work, all the calls are equal, the library base also is always the same, never recompiled or anything so I dont even have any idea to why you have these problems.

Lazareth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is correct, I dont see any reason to why it wouldnt work, all the calls are equal, the library base also is always the same, never recompiled or anything so I dont even have any idea to why you have these problems.

Sorry for the late reply, but perhaps it is because of the issues I have with connecting it when using nintendont? Sometimes it connects on the first try and there are absolutely no issues, while other times, it seems like it connects, but key presses do nothing until it seems to "time out" and turn off.

Is there a way to log the issue to understand more about why I'm having these issues and to tell if there is something that I might have configured incorrectly?

EDIT:

Also, I would like to know if there is a way to alter the values used to navigate menus with the joysticks on the pro controller. It would seem that this one is uber sensitive, and if the controller vibrates for any reason or gets bumped, it starts rapidly flying through game selection.

Kashika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can anyone tell me if this library for the Pro Controller also works for USB loader GX?

I'd like to play my Wii games with the Pro Controller and preferably the Gamecube controllers. Since it works for Nintendont, it should also be possible for USB loader right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it works INSIDE usbloaderGX.
it does NOT allow playing games with the controller.

it works in nintendont, because when you play gamecube game you are still inside nintendont and it's nintendont which access USB to read buttons and Nintendont which interpret the game's code.
When you launch a Wii game from USBLoaderGX, you are no longer in the loader. Wii games can't access USB to check button's data.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
would there not be a way to implement a patch so the wii u pro controller could mimick a classic controller? or even mimick a wiimote in some strange way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s