spyder918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a handheld that's one thing but on a T.V. for me 16:19 is a necessity

How do you switch the resolution?

Also, is there a quicker way to get to the game you want vs scrolling?

I also noticed especially with my bigger folders of ROMs that as I get further down in the alphabet, games don't appear, I see them there but I can't see the titles anymore.
I've clicked the Refresh button but eh such a pain to go back to the top then scroll and scroll again. Is there a fix for this? or something I'm not doing right?

goomagoogoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little late, but thank you @dominater01! The ROM will actually load now, instead of staying at a black screen. The only issue I'm having now is that the audio is all wonky. It sounds both distorted, and as if it's only coming through with half the music (if that makes sense). Is that my ROM? Or is that just something I'll have to work around, using an emu?

Sorry for all the newbie questions guys, thanks for all the help so far!

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little late, but thank you @dominater01! The ROM will actually load now, instead of staying at a black screen. The only issue I'm having now is that the audio is all wonky. It sounds both distorted, and as if it's only coming through with half the music (if that makes sense). Is that my ROM? Or is that just something I'll have to work around, using an emu?

Sorry for all the newbie questions guys, thanks for all the help so far!
i would imagine its the emulator that is causing the problem

goomagoogoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would imagine its the emulator that is causing the problem

Gotcha. Well, being able to play one of my favorite games from when I was younger is better than not being able to, regardless of sound quality. So thank you sir/madam!

Either way, I'm sure emulators will be in a better state for the XB1 eventually, so it's no biggy.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just place your Arcade Roms anywhere on a usb drive. Then just browse to your desired rom in Retrix and boot :)

Thank you, I'll give it a shot.

I didn't have much time last week to continue working on it and wanted to ask. Was having issues with installing the new version of RetroArch as it wasn't finding the dependencies and installing properly so I was getting frustrated with that then a little irritated that I wasn't sure what to do with the FBA stuff after it took me so long to grab that specific set online.

Hopefully smooth sailing from here. **crosses fingers** ;)

Reactions: ploggy

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I'll give it a shot.

I didn't have much time last week to continue working on it and wanted to ask. Was having issues with installing the new version of RetroArch as it wasn't finding the dependencies and installing properly so I was getting frustrated with that then a little irritated that I wasn't sure what to do with the FBA stuff after it took me so long to grab that specific set online.

Hopefully smooth sailing from here. **crosses fingers** ;)
you can find the dependencies on the github here https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT/releases

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can find the dependencies on the github here https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT/releases

Thanks, I looked at one of your videos (thanks for the Sega CD one, I had no clue about how to setup the BIOS files properly) and then came back here because I'm still having issues.

Did something change since I installed it a few months ago. I literally had to drop two files in before (when he was still using a certificate to install and bam...done.

Let me be a little more clear on the issues I am having:

1 ) Now I have the main RetriX.UWP_1.8.15.0_x86_x64_arm.appxbundle which I drag and drop into the xbox one console on my browser.

2 ) Then I have the dependency zip & folder inside of that is the arm/x86/x64 folders, I've tried to drag each folder in (arm/x86/x64), the zip folder (dependencies.zip), each *.appx file in and nothing it fails on the installation since it's not getting the dependencies it needs.

3 ) Either I'm getting stupider or the installation changed (or I don't remember doing it) from last time and nothing is working. I'm missing something obvious here and not sure what I'm not seeing. I have less patience for experimenting with getting this stuff working and put it off until I have something that's hassle free and can be done without wasting too much time. /endrant

4 ) I kinda wish this post was updated as this is the first place I look each time and then remember it isn't updated and the pdf is out of date and not helpful as it used to be.

Please take some pity on me and throw me a bone, just not liking being frustrated over something that shouldn't be this hard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Ok, apparently I'm not loosing my mind, just reinstalled an older version from the end of July with just the appxbundle and it worked flawlessly.

When I tried the exact same thing with RetriX.UWP_1.8.15.0_x86_x64_arm.appxbundle it bombed...hard and I got this error message. (see below)

Any ideas on what I missed? (other than the obvious, which is the dependencies (which I don't know how to install...) sigh...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 2: Just watched SonicContinuum's video on the install process, apparently I got Retrix installed...however I have no idea how it did.

I installed the RetriX.UWP_1.8.15.0_x86_x64_arm.appxbundle, then clicked to install any dependency and nothing was showing up in the xbox console window after trying to get any/all of them to work (the appx files from the arm/x86/x64 folder), I said **** it and clicked install....and it did.

Please tell me what I missed here am I too dense to understand what I did (still no idea how it worked) and dumb luck ain't cuttin' it, I don't wanna bother you guys each time, I'd like to understand the proper way to install this so I know what I'm doing here.

Thanks

Edit 3: SOLVED This did require me to have ALL THREE Sega CD BIOS files installed....no idea why, but whatever. Just a note for future reference in case someone asks.

Dom, on your video when you show how to link all BIOS files, is there a way to choose a DIFFERENT BIOS file if the one selected was incorrect? (I didn't have your archive file copied to my hdd when I just tried this, I used a copy of the bios I had from before) and I can't tell if it's the same md5 hash it needs or not. Now when I try to select it and change it, it skips right over the file...?

And I get an error that "Required files missing: Some files required to run this game are missing. Install them using the settings page and try again."

Do I need all of the Sega CD bios files installed? (I'm trying to run the US version of Snatcher)

Was there something else I'm missing, because that error message isn't very....descriptive.

One step forward...two steps back.

Last edited by mario5555,

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I looked at one of your videos (thanks for the Sega CD one, I had no clue about how to setup the BIOS files properly) and then came back here because I'm still having issues.

Did something change since I installed it a few months ago. I literally had to drop two files in before (when he was still using a certificate to install and bam...done.

Let me be a little more clear on the issues I am having:

1 ) Now I have the main RetriX.UWP_1.8.15.0_x86_x64_arm.appxbundle which I drag and drop into the xbox one console on my browser.

2 ) Then I have the dependency zip & folder inside of that is the arm/x86/x64 folders, I've tried to drag each folder in (arm/x86/x64), the zip folder (dependencies.zip), each *.appx file in and nothing it fails on the installation since it's not getting the dependencies it needs.

3 ) Either I'm getting stupider or the installation changed (or I don't remember doing it) from last time and nothing is working. I'm missing something obvious here and not sure what I'm not seeing. I have less patience for experimenting with getting this stuff working and put it off until I have something that's hassle free and can be done without wasting too much time. /endrant

4 ) I kinda wish this post was updated as this is the first place I look each time and then remember it isn't updated and the pdf is out of date and not helpful as it used to be.

Please take some pity on me and throw me a bone, just not liking being frustrated over something that shouldn't be this hard.

EDIT: Ok, apparently I'm not loosing my mind, just reinstalled an older version from the end of July with just the appxbundle and it worked flawlessly.

When I tried the exact same thing with RetriX.UWP_1.8.15.0_x86_x64_arm.appxbundle it bombed...hard and I got this error message. (see below)

Any ideas on what I missed? (other than the obvious, which is the dependencies (which I don't know how to install...) sigh...

Sorry you've been having these issues. With the latest release of RetriX there has been some added dependencies. Just grab the latest build of RetriX from the Xbox One Homebrew Client(ProjectPegasus). It comes with all of the right dependencies for the latest RetriX build and always grabs the latest version.

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e767374616e6365642e636f6d2f696d616765732f323031372f30392f32312f6d72342e706e67

Download it here
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/releases/download/v1.0_stable/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

Last edited by wiired24,

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry you've been having these issues. With the latest release of RetriX there has been some added dependencies. Just grab the latest build of RetriX from the Xbox One Homebrew Client(ProjectPegasus). It comes with all of the right dependencies for the latest RetriX build and always grabs the latest version.

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e767374616e6365642e636f6d2f696d616765732f323031372f30392f32312f6d72342e706e67

Download it here
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/releases/download/v1.0_stable/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

Not your fault, I'm just not used to messing around in a closed system like this, I feel very limited with what I can do. I appreciate everyone's help here, you guys are awesome for putting up with people like me.

Yeah I've grabbed the latest Proj. Pegasus, it's really great, helps make things go smoothly, only issue I see is not knowing if there's newer versions of the emulators, but that's fairly easily fixed by downloading them extracting them and comparing the date of the file in the archive to what I have, just something I've noticed is all.

I've updated my post a few times since i posted it, anyone have any ideas on Edit 2 & Edit 3?

Side Note: Would Alberto be willing to make this process a little less painless by having you point to a BIOS folder then it automatically locates the files instead of having to do this manually every time a new version of the program is released.

The problem you where having was probably that you needed only to use the x64 dependencies and not all of them

Thing is though, do you actually SEE them on the browser console as being selected, do you select ONE of them, (I didn't know WHAT to select, or WHICH file needed selecting)

I wasn't even sure if it was working properly or not until it did.

I'd like to understand how to do it properly...automagical is nice, but doesn't solve the underlying issue. lol ;-)

--------------------------------------------------

Edit 4: When using FB Alpha is there any way to configure anything?

I tested out 19XX, it was in tate mode (sideways) with controls to match, is there a way to access the config I'm not seeing.

Also is there a way to gracefully exit games short of using the xbox/home button closing the emulator and running it again? Just saw in Dom's video how to do this...so much I don't know how to use this properly.

Lastly, is there anyway to scroll or sort through the games lists? FBA supports a ton of Arcade games and scrolling the list to get to anything down there is plenty tedious (I know I'm nitpicking here) Just looking for the more convenient way to do things if one exists and I don't know how to do it.

Last edited by mario5555,
Reactions: wiired24

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not your fault, I'm just not used to messing around in a closed system like this, I feel very limited with what I can do. I appreciate everyone's help here, you guys are awesome for putting up with people like me.

Yeah I've grabbed the latest Proj. Pegasus, it's really great, helps make things go smoothly, only issue I see is not knowing if there's newer versions of the emulators, but that's fairly easily fixed by downloading them extracting them and comparing the date of the file in the archive to what I have, just something I've noticed is all.

I've updated my post a few times since i posted it, anyone have any ideas on Edit 2 & Edit 3?

Side Note: Would Alberto be willing to make this process a little less painless by having you point to a BIOS folder then it automatically locates the files instead of having to do this manually every time a new version of the program is released.

Thing is though, do you actually SEE them on the browser console as being selected, do you select ONE of them, (I didn't know WHAT to select, or WHICH file needed selecting)

I'd like to understand how to do it properly...automagical is nice, but doesn't solve the underlying issue. lol ;-)

I tested out 19XX, it was in tate mode (sideways) with controls to match, is there a way to access the config I'm not seeing.

Also is there a way to gracefully exit games short of using the xbox/home button closing the emulator and running it again? Just saw in Dom's video how to do this...so much I don't know how to use this properly.

Lastly, is there anyway to scroll or sort through the games lists? FBA supports a ton of Arcade games and scrolling the list to get to anything down there is plenty tedious (I know I'm nitpicking here) Just looking for the more convenient way to do things if one exists and I don't know how to do it.
on the dev portal website you will find a button that says choose appx then you pick the retrix appxbundle then hit next then choose all 3 files one by one under the x64 folder then hit next (you should see the file you selected on the page if not refresh the page) you dont need anything else and it will install everything correctly make sure you choose file and not drag and drop also extract the files first

theres no setting for retrix at all except bios thats it

by pressing start and select (i know thats not what they are on xbox one) together you will bring up a menu where you can play pause stop reset save and load

any features for retrix are gonna take some time because absestos is trying to work with the retroarch people to help but its taking awhile

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In a future version of ProjectPegasus I am going to Implement a way of notifying the user what version they are downloading. Like you said you do see what version it is once you downloaded and extract the archive but it'd be nice to be notified if a new release has come out. That's a feature I will be working on adding in so thanks for the feedback. And I'm just glad to help man. Helping people is what I do

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: DarthDub

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Dom and wiired for the help, it made my fumbling around a lot less painful last night then it could have been.

Even though I still didn't see it accepting the three dependencies, so I'm not 100% sure what's going on with that, in any event, it works.

Thanks again, cheers.

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Dom and wiired for the help, it made my fumbling around a lot less painful last night then it could have been.

Even though I still didn't see it accepting the three dependencies, so I'm not 100% sure what's going on with that, in any event, it works.

Thanks again, cheers.

No problem glad I could help. If you have any other questions I'm always here

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: