Libretro/Retroarch on Xbox One

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Hacking & Homebrew' started by wiired24, Sep 13, 2017.

1. wiired24
    OP

wiired24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    [​IMG]

This thread is the official home of the Retroarch/libretro port for Xbox One known as "RetriX". Discussions such as feature/core requests, as well as general discussion of Retrix belongs in this thread.

Any questions related to installing or setting up RetriX should be directed to this thread.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-retrix-retroarch-libretro-port-for-xbox-one.474453/

You can obtain the latest release of RetriX for Xbox One here.
    https://www.retrix.me/

Source Code
    https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24, Sep 13, 2017
    americanwolf69 and kingtut like this.

2. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    So I guess from now on, we comment here about retrix stuff

wiired24 likes this.
  3. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    Pretty much yes.

The old RetriX tutorial should be for discussions related to installation and other FAQ's

This is for general discussion and or feature suggestions for absestos to incorporate into RetriX.

4. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    so theres no way to just back up the saves because the way the cores are setup it would crash when updating?

is this a retroacrh thing because other emulators support backing up saves to the cloud but as far as i know retroarch themselves dont support this so i guess your right

thats a shame because you want to stay updated but you also dont want to lose your progress in games either

wiired24 likes this.
  5. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    Yeah I was kinda hoping that Cloud Saves would come eventually. Oh well. @Absestos is there any way you can at least backup your saves on to removable storage?

6. spyder918

spyder918 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2017
    United States
    So is Retroarch built into Retrix? If so, can you access the Retroarch menu to tweak settings like Rewind, etc?

7. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    RetriX is an alternative front-end to libretro core. It was born out of the desire to improve the Retroarch/libretro project

Last edited by wiired24, Sep 13, 2017
  8. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    Last edited by dominater01, Sep 13, 2017
    spyder918 and wakabayashy like this.
  9. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    @Absestos How is Parallel64 coming along? Any chance we may see N64 support on RetriX anytime soon?

10. Pickle_Rick

Pickle_Rick SHEEEEEEEEIT

Aug 28, 2017
    United States
    Somewhere
    Has anyone gotten PS1 emulation working? I have 2 out of the 3 bios files imported but when I try to start a game it complains about a missing bios. I've tried installing the 3rd bios like 5 times but it says "incorrect file" every time. The file is "scph5502.bin".

11. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    you need all 3 bios for some reason also emulation for ps1 is to slow tobe playable but if you still want the bios let me know

12. Pickle_Rick

Pickle_Rick SHEEEEEEEEIT

Aug 28, 2017
    United States
    Somewhere
    Yeah, can you PM it to me?

13. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    Another option for ya might be WinPSe. @dominater01 Can help ya out. It runs pretty decent for the most part but has some bugs with regards to save/load states. Dynarec is on it's way to beetlepsx soon which should speed up PS1 Emulation in RetriX Greatly.

Pickle_Rick likes this.
  14. Pickle_Rick

Pickle_Rick SHEEEEEEEEIT

Aug 28, 2017
    United States
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I figured something like that was the issue considering PPSSPP runs great.

wiired24 likes this.
  15. Absestos

Absestos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2017
    Italy
    New release - this one has a bunch of minor bugfixes. Hopefully the issue that was causing so many crashes a while ago on the Xbox is fixed instead of just hidden.

As usual, get it at www.retrix.me

With regards to N64, I have done a major refactoring of RetriX to make it work more like Retroarch from the cores' point of view.
    On the plus side, ParallelN64 now "works" without crashing immediately; on the minus side, it is still completely broken (no video, random noise for audio, causes the app to freeze after a while).
    I honestly do not know what else I can do to make it work.

Saturn is proving similarly pointless.

These days my time is taken up trying to work with Libretro maintainers: RetriX uses 14 cores right now and I am having to maintain my own fork of each.
    This is not sustainable - the only way this project is going to continue is if I can get Libretro to support UWP as a platform going forward.
    To do this, I will have to help them port Retroarch in addition to add functionality to the Libretro API itself. It is a lot of work and it means RetriX development is going to slow down for the time being.

Last edited by Absestos, Sep 14, 2017
    Pickle_Rick and wiired24 like this.
  16. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    Thanks for the update @asbestos. Do what you have to do to move Retrix forward, even if it means slowing down in the interim. Honestly in my opinion Retrix has more than enough cores. I mean sure Saturn, N64, and Dreamcast would be nice but I never expected something like your project "Retrix" to ever even happen in the first place. Let alone emulate over 14 different systems and play thousands if not hundreds or thousands of games. Hands down Retrix is the best thing I've seen come out of this scene.

Last edited by wiired24, Sep 14, 2017
  17. spyder918

spyder918 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2017
    United States
    @dominater01 Sick!...thank you!

So is it possible to save the status on the games? Is it only certain ones?
    With certain consoles I notice a list of save states that come up. Not sure how to save but I do see it.

@dominater01 I saw in one of your YT videos that you were able to launch TG16 via the PC-EFX icon on Retrix.
    The TG16 files I have in my FBA rom set doesn't seem to launch when I try it. I've tried opening them with all the different NEC (PC) icons on Retrix and it just tells me I'm missing files.
    I wonder if these roms aren't correct.

Last edited by spyder918, Sep 14, 2017
  18. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    to save states and load press start and select together in game

tg16, fx or any other system you cant use fba roms at all on other consoles even tho there the same games there not its the same for mame games you cant use the same games you need specific games for each system so only arcade and neogeo work on fba all other roms that pack came with can be deleted because there not supported and theres really no since to make them supported since they work already you just need original games for the specific systems you play

i mean other systems like sega genesis, turbo grafx 16, game gear etc. of course theres other systems fba supports that do work which is why i said arcade games

Last edited by dominater01, Sep 15, 2017
    spyder918 likes this.
  19. spyder918

spyder918 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2017
    United States
    @dominater01 dude, you've been so helpful! thanks so much for all the info and for your quick responses!

nothing still on games that play side ways huh? can they be rotated somehow or they just need to be tossed?

20. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    well there supposed to be sideways like in the arcade but for all i know theres no way to rotate the screen even on retroarch as far as i know but i could be wrong

i have this site open 24/7 just to help people out and check for new stuff, i mean people helped me out on youtube the best i can do is give back to the community

Last edited by dominater01, Sep 15, 2017