Gaming LF: Actually scary games for the 3DS?

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I finally transferred/upgraded to my 3DS XL and am way too happy about it. I mostly play RPGs, so I'm looking for some promisingly scary games. I loved Resident Evil Revelations, RE: Mercs (not scary, just intense!)...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Looking into Virtue's Last Reward and Dementium: Remastered, but it seems like there aren't any really terrifying games on the 3DS.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's not much on the 3ds. It's more geared towards things like Animal Crossing that are light and cheery.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally transferred/upgraded to my 3DS XL and am way too happy about it. I mostly play RPGs, so I'm looking for some promisingly scary games. I loved Resident Evil Revelations, RE: Mercs (not scary, just intense!)...

Looking into Virtue's Last Reward and Dementium: Remastered, but it seems like there aren't any really terrifying games on the 3DS.
Spirit Camera, and Dementiun The Ward.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just found a .pdf of the booklet that you need to play it online so i could play the game.

I have the game in my physical collection. That reminds me, I have to convert it to a .cia file soon.

I find that I have to have my lights pretty much at 1000 lumens to get a response from the game itself. It's like playing on the surface of the sun, so I might just do the .pdf thing to finish it.

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Try virtue's la...
Never mind. You got that covered.

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Whatever anyone says, don't try Starship Damrey. It's not scary outside of a couple jump scares, and the gameplay is exceptionally blah.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not out yet, but Corpse Party's coming out in the summer.

Like others have said, there are only a few 3DS horror games, but "scary" is ultimately subjective in nature. VLR is less horror and more psychological thriller, although it definitely has its "scary" moments. You should check out Shin Megami Tensei IV, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record. They're not quite horror (although they definitely have some horror moments) but they're definitely "intense." Persona Q to a much lesser extent, but that one area... man...

Reactions: Noelemahc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.