Hacking LetterBomb problems

x 2Awesome x v2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the instructions on http://hackityourself.info/EZ%20Wii%20Hacking.pdf (password is "piratesrule") and I'm stuck on Part 2 Step 3.

Right after I open the letter with the bomb on it, it goes to the screen that loads HackMii. Only problem is my Wii freezes when it says "valid elf file verifed" or something along those lines and the cd drive starts flashing blue. I let the Wii sit there for about 15 minutes just to make sure it wasn't taking forever to load and it definitely was frozen. I've made sure I entered the MAC address right, it definitely is 4.3U, the SD card is 2GB and it works fine, I've tried it with only the private folder and boot.elf and with all the files you are sent with LetterBomb. I've done this about 4 to 5 times to no avail. I'm a beginner when it comes to hacking consoles.

Any clue what I may be doing wrong?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
and boot.elf from hackmii installer must be put on the root folder (X:/boot.elf, where X:/ is the SD card mounted)

x 2Awesome x v2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
And also try to use GBAtemp's or Hackmii's guides, not some site where the password is "piratesrule".

The password is "piratesrule" because the person who made the guide is known as "homebrewpirate", and all his videos are attached with the guide.

And I've tried GBAtemp's guide and it was the exact same thing. I'm just going to mess around with the different settings. Like, I'm going to try the SD type as FAT instead of FAT32 or whatever it was.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
x 2Awesome x v2 said:
Fishaman P said:
And also try to use GBAtemp's or Hackmii's guides, not some site where the password is "piratesrule".

The password is "piratesrule" because the person who made the guide is known as "homebrewpirate", and all his videos are attached with the guide.

And I've tried GBAtemp's guide and it was the exact same thing. I'm just going to mess around with the different settings. Like, I'm going to try the SD type as FAT instead of FAT32 or whatever it was.
--- They are not the same by any means.

Just use modmii instead and then there is no excuse on any end except your own for how you fail.

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
x 2Awesome x v2 said:
Fishaman P said:

Your are full of shit, or do not understand shit.

LMAO !!

x 2Awesome x v2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
x 2Awesome x v2 said:
Fishaman P said:

---- They are not the same by any means.

Just use modmii instead and then there is no excuse on any end except your own for how you fail.

Are you kidding me? For what I'm looking for, GBAtemp's guide and the other guide don't have much more to tell me besides GBAtemp shows other ways to do it with games that I don't have and I need to get an email for an extra download. And until you can tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong and why my Wii freezes up, don't be telling me that I'm failing. But so far you're the only one to not help with my question at all. Go be unproductive somewhere else.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
x 2Awesome x v2 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
x 2Awesome x v2 said:
Fishaman P said:

---- They are not the same by any means.

Are you kidding me? For what I'm looking for, GBAtemp's guide and the other guide don't have much more to tell me besides GBAtemp shows other ways to do it with games that I don't have and I need to get an email for an extra download. And until you can tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong and why my Wii freezes up, don't be telling me that I'm failing. But so far you're the only one to not help with my question at all. Go be unproductive somewhere else.
lol @ deadlyfoez
evil.gif

awesome, its not gbatemps guide, it initially was my [not gbatemps] attempt to make a somewhat of an organized file pack so you dont have to go everywhere to get all the files you need.
couldnt do it legally so doin it illegally thats why u need to send an email to get the files.
anyways, sounds like an sd card problem, try finding a smaller size or different brand.
hopefully it works for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"