Hardware Let's talk Wii Balance Board

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBalanceBoard.jpg

What do you see as the gaming potential for this beyond what was shown at E3. Someone mentioned it would be cool for a snowboarding or skatboarding game, using the pressure sensitive board to lean into turns, jump, etc.

I wonder if it would be nice for a track & field game where you could run on the board.

It could be used as bongos for a DK bongo game.

It could be used as a platform for a fighting game where you use the Wii Remote and Nunchuck to punch ala Wii Boxing (but with better tracking) and you lift your leg off the Balance Board to kick.

More ideas?

flashrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It could be used for the next Zelda.
Dodge and parry in the fights and use the wiimote for sword and the nunchuck for shield.
And for the puzzles, weight and balance and such.

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
-Mario Kart or what ever type of racing game, it can be used as a brake pad and a acceleration pad. Along with the steering wheel.
- It can be used as a buzzer for quiz games

That's all I can think up right now.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
lots of new control options from nintendo! i love it
but the balance board looks least-promising to me, compared ot the zapper and wii-wheel

wiifit looks interesting, but i can't see much use for the board in future games

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but the balance board looks least-promising to me, compared ot the zapper and wii-wheel

wiifit looks interesting, but i can't see much use for the board in future games
I would actually say the exact opposite of you said is true. While the balance board offers a totally new method of control with the possibility to create completely original content, the zapper and the wii wheel offer only a new case for old tools. You can still play RE:UC in essentially the same way without the zapper, but try playing a balance game without the Wii Balance Board!

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
This would be perfect for the drumming game that i saw, the board could be used for the...uhm...yaknow the thing you gotta press down with your foot...meh y'all know what i'm talkin' about
tongue.gif

Edit: They could make a drumm hero or sumethin'!!
ohmy.gif

bowmessage

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be used for the next Zelda.
Dodge and parry in the fights and use the wiimote for sword and the nunchuck for shield.
And for the puzzles, weight and balance and such.

Please god of nintendo, don't let this happen.
frown.gif

Edit:

QUOTE(Digeman @ Jul 11 2007, 10:33 PM)Edit: They could make a drumm hero or sumethin'!!

Yeah thats pretty much rockband for the ps3 / 360.

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's probably going to be 50-70 for the game and balance board. i'm excited and i'm totally buying this. more than likely surfing, skateboarding, and other sports like that are going to try to implement the board in their games.

I can't wait i am totally buying it!!!

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
idk if it's durable enough to be running on it though...it would be a cool idea, but i really want to know how durable it is. it seems like it can take a lot of weight and usage...who knows..

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks hard to calibrate, as Shigeru Miyamoto got owned in that soccer game by choosing a messly calibrated "controller".

Thats just the setup at e3, there isn't really a display in front of them and the sensor bar is usually a fair distance away.
In your home it would be much better.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't think that they will use that pad for many games anyway, because not everyone is going to get that and then they need to make many controller settings for games and i don't know if it's any good then. like "YOU CAN PLAY THIS GAME WITH GC CONTROLLER, WIIMOTE, WIIMOTE+NUNCHUCK, WIIMOTESIDEWAYS, CLASSIC CONTROLLER, WIIMOTE+NUNCHUCK+BALANVE THINGY" etc. That would be confusing imo.
biggrin.gif

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This would be perfect for the drumming game that i saw, the board could be used for the...uhm...yaknow the thing you gotta press down with your foot...meh y'all know what i'm talkin' aboutÂ
tongue.gif

Edit: They could make a drumm hero or sumethin'!!Â
ohmy.gif

Yeah i saw that guy drumming in that promotion video and i always thought how are they gonna handle your feet, i guess they won't give you shoes with wiimotes in it so this would be a perfect solution if it's sensitive enough.

ksponge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How about a martial arts game, you'd have both hands and feet (though obviously the type of kick wouldn't be known without some sort of shoe to know foot position). They could base the power of the kick on how much weight was put on the planted foot. I'm not sure how sensitive the board is. Would be cool if it could tell if you are on the ball of your foot or heel.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do want one, it looks very solid. I can see a new Snowboard Kids game that uses this, but some Mario spin off is probably the only other title that will use it
frown.gif
(I love snowboard kids)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water