Not open for further replies.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not take it a step further? Evil people are using the internet right now so let's sabotage a major internet backbone!
Yes, there are many evil people in the world, but I'm comparing ISIS to Nazi Germany. The Nazis wanted to exterminate all non-aryan people, especially Jews. ISIS wants to exterminate all non-Radical-Muslim people, especially Christians. In the time of Nazi Germany, there were of course many non-Nazi evil people in the world doing evil things, just like now. However, the Nazis posed a much greater threat to the future of the free world than any independent evil people. I think ISIS should be viewed the same way. Another thing to consider is what the consequences would be of sabotaging the entire internet. (If it were even possible, which I doubt.) If it were done, that would be a MAJOR problem in the lives of almost every person in the world. However, taking down Tor would have absolutely no effect on many people's lives.

EDIT: Approximately 1 out of every 3500 people in the world would be affected if Tor were to stop working.

Last edited by Mr. Mysterio,

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we're gonna DDoS the Dark Web? Let's do it

Yeah you better have nothing to lose when you take on all of the dark web (and all who inhabit it). :P

You know, that place where people sell drugs, weapons, recruit terrorists, hit men... I don't know tc, posting your plans on a public forum might not be subtle enough. If you successfully take down the dark web, and anyone important sees this, you might just be a dead man. If you keep pursuing this, I'm not saying you shouldn't, you really should be prepared for what people are going to try to throw at you. AKA make yourself completely untraceable.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you better have nothing to lose when you take on all of the dark web (and all who inhabit it). :P

You know, that place where people sell drugs, weapons, recruit terrorists, hit men... I don't know tc, posting your plans on a public forum might not be subtle enough. If you successfully take down the dark web, and anyone important sees this, you might just be a dead man. If you keep pursuing this, I'm not saying you shouldn't, you really should be prepared for what people are going to try to throw at you. AKA make yourself completely untraceable.
Doesn't Tor anonymize your connection, though?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't Tor anonymize your connection, though?
In theory. There's plenty of ways anonymity can be compromised, and quite easily.

I admire OP's intentions, however misguided they may be, but even if you could possibly manage to interrupt the network for a significant amount of time, think about all the people who are using it for innocent reasons (yes, I include silkroad and the like in the list of innocent sites).

Last edited by Subtle Demise,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory. There's plenty of ways anonymity can be compromised, and quite easily.

I admire OP's intentions, however misguided they may be, but even if you could possibly manage to interrupt the network for a significant amount of time, think about all the people who are using it for innocent reasons (yes, I include silkroad and the like in the list of innocent sites).
What kind of innocent reasons would there be for using Tor? If you're undercover and with the government there's their own secure network. I can't think of anything legal that would ever happen on the Deep/Dark Web that couldn't happen just as easily without the extra layers of anonymity that Tor provides

Reactions: NoNoNeko
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of innocent reasons would there be for using Tor? If you're undercover and with the government there's their own secure network. I can't think of anything legal that would ever happen on the Deep/Dark Web that couldn't happen just as easily without the extra layers of anonymity that Tor provides
Well legality doesn't always equate to morality, and buying drugs online is a victimless crime, and depending what you do under the influence, using them can be too.

The "dark web" myth has been perpetuated by scaremongers who want to have it banned completely, along with bitcoins. Red rooms, if they even exist, would be impossible to get into without knowing somebody irl. The absolute worst thing you'll ever find on the deep web is cp and authorities all over the world can find the site owners and have then prosecuted and the site taken down.

The deep web is also a good place to express disgust with the government without fear of being persecuted as a terrorist. In fact, there was recently a revolution against a corrupt regime orchestrated through the deep web.

Short version: deep web is just unindexed sites, likely run by paranoid people and conspiracy theorists, nothing more.

Last edited by Subtle Demise,
Reactions: air2004

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are exposing yourself by doing this. The reason behind not using TOR for torrent is that it will exposed your IP address since Bittorrent software could/will bypass the SOCKS protocol. And you think this is going to take out TOR...that's funny. Read this article and this research site for more info. There are several ways to encrypt messaging people that does not involve TOR. Awesome that you want to help get rid of ISIS, but you are putting everyone that does this into danger of exposing themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay