OP
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

As you know we got a Wii, how is that even possible you may be asking, and we got this Wii for quite a while. It has been almost 10 years since we bought it, so it's quite a part of our family. Nonetheless this morning I was just awake as my siblings stormed into my room and shouted "Come help us, the Wii won't read any discs". So I tried it, and indeed after booting it gave a black screen with the error: "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

What could I do? We got quite a few Wii games, and I can't find a way to dump them at the moment. Also the lens cleaning kit of Nintendo isn't available anymore, so I can't use that one. I tried even an USB DVD drive, but came to the conclusion that those can't read Wii games. I'm asking here, because maybe someone knows what to do. Please help me out, my family would be very grateful.

Kind regards,
TheRealProcyon

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Try to use any lens cleaning kit, CD drives are the same everywhere. Otherwise, you can softmod it, and use a USB harddrive/flashdrive with a USB loader, but you'll have to find a way to dump your games somehow, or download them (I think downloading when you own the original is legal)

EDIT : Or if you're willing to try, I think replacing the drive isn't that complicated, you just have to find a spare one on the internet.

Last edited by Ritsuki,

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
OP
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try to use any lens cleaning kit, CD drives are the same everywhere. Otherwise, you can softmod it, and use a USB harddrive/flashdrive with a USB loader, but you'll have to find a way to dump your games somehow, or download them (I think downloading when you own the original is legal)

EDIT : Or if you're willing to try, I think replacing the drive isn't that complicated, you just have to find a spare one on the internet.

It's apparently really dirty. I think only a wet cleaner could clean it, as our dry one picked up dirt, but it was quite a bit of dirt. So it must be really dirty as it still failed afterwards.

Trylk248

Honest helper and custom content creator.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, in both cases, I would recommend you to get a spare Disc Drive. It's always a good thing to have in case the drive would come to break.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
OP
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, in both cases, I would recommend you to get a spare Disc Drive. It's always a good thing to have in case the drive would come to break.

I know, nonetheless I can't replace it as I'm not handy with hardware. Everything I tried to fix HW wise broke down.

Last edited by Procyon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment