Homebrew Legohax -- upcoming Ninjhax alternative

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'll ask first before somebody else does - any chance of a .cia version of this loader, or does this strictly rely on the Ninjhax exploit itself and thus beyond the scope of this project?

Taking away reliance on a single relatively obscure game would be nice!

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'll ask first before somebody else does - any chance of a .cia version of this loader, or does this strictly rely on the Ninjhax exploit itself and thus beyond the scope of this project?

Taking away reliance on a single relatively obscure game would be nice!

Pretty much everyone who's anyone on the scene has a copy of it, though, and ninjhax itself seems to be both awfully convenient and awfully contrived, so it's unlikely that's got the skill will port it.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
There are no plans to make a .cia of this. The best way to go would probably be porting the homebrew launcher itself (and making it spawn the HB service if you want to be all clean).

Making a .cia just swaps reliance for an obscure game with reliance for a relatively expensive flashcard. Unless you're able to use a CFW.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Making a .cia just swaps reliance for an obscure game with reliance for a relatively expensive flashcard. Unless you're able to use a CFW.

Reliance on an obscure game could only be removed by porting the core entry point to OOT3D (not obscure) or finishing spiderninja (spider's arguably not a game).

Reactions: Idaho and Margen67

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
and there was me think it was another lego game exploit like on the wii :lol:

would be good to have ninjhax (or derivative) ported to whatever entry points exist, spider,oot, downgraded MSET etc......ps i don't know if thats too complicated, but with so many usable entry points it seems a shame everything is CN reliant

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Browser exploit requires wifi access, unless you can rig the browser into loading shit from the SD card?

OOT3D entrypoint could work, I'd just need to get that game :P

Oh also, this thread got a nice thread ID :)
yeah but a one time browser exploit + FBI to downgrade MSET = completely free solution rather than relying on people owning specific games, you can even use the browser to install the MSET ropchain....but again i dont really know the complexity of it all, any new stuff is obviously welcome, it would just be good to have every option for everything and a completely free solution for people who really do only want homebrew

Reactions: Margen67

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
I should look into the mset exploit sometimes later, too. It's generally used with other exploits to gain ARM9 code exec, but maybe it can also be used to get just ARM11 userland code exec. In that case, shit is good, tack libkhax on it and you get kernel etc on 9.2 and below. For more recent firmwares, well, needs something else, perhaps with more limitations depending on what mset is allowed to access.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I like rainbow ponies.

Anyways, it's nice to see another hax alternative. Man, lego games have been prime targets for hacks. Bathaxx, Indiana Pwns, etc etc. Do they just suck at making games without flaws in them in general or what?

The name is kinda misleading as this doesn't actually exploit a lego game, it's still the same old Cubic Ninja :P
I think they reused the engine in the Lego games since the games are so similar, which is probably why they're (almost) all exploited.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reliance on an obscure game could only be removed by porting the core entry point to OOT3D (not obscure) or finishing spiderninja (spider's arguably not a game).

OOT isn't obscure, but it's expensive if you didn't buy it when it came out. Also, don't you need to trash your save file to use it? (Less of a problem with CN since not a lot of people care about their CN save files).

If this was ported to mset, would it work up to 6.X?

I agree that Legohax is a bad name, because people will see that name and think it uses a lego game. If it's ported to mset or browser, maybe multihax? Combinedhax?)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
OOT isn't obscure, but it's expensive if you didn't buy it when it came out. Also, don't you need to trash your save file to use it? (Less of a problem with CN since not a lot of people care about their CN save files).

If this was ported to mset, would it work up to 6.X?
if it was ported to MSET including the downgraded MSET like what gateway have on the n3DS, it could support all FW versions (upto 9.2) via MSET but 7.x+ would need a temporary entry point to downgrade MSET first using FBI, o3DS console would have spider for that job, n3DS would need oot or CN

Plus you dont have to trash your oot save, to even use oot for exploiting you need some method of writing the exploit save, and if you have that you can also backup your original save at the same time......plus, if the save was done properly and read the payload from the save filesystem you could probably have a valid save and a corrupt exploit save on the one cart, its just gateways save they is malformed which means saving the game would wipe the payload from the save chip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end