Gaming Lego Pirates of the Caribbean keeps freezing

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
OP
Trophies
XP
As per title, my Lego pirates game keeps freezing at almost the same place, it's now happened four times in a row so I thought I would reach out for help.

The freezes are occurring here (excuse crappy image):
s66tmt.jpg

The area is during the London level in stranger tides.

The first freeze was during the loading screen for the area, each freeze after has been when trying to build the item my character is currently standing on in the above picture.

The freeze completely locks up the console, the home button will not work and I'm forced to hold the power button, and then completely restart the level.

Short of restarting the entire game in hopes of fixing this, or getting the game replaced has anyone get any ideas? Was hoping to finish the main game today.

I've tried blowing the cartridge etc with no difference, cartridge is brand new only purchased yesterday and in good clean condition.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have beaten the game 100%, and I never froze once.
If none of your other games are freezing, try returning the game for a different copy, it might be defective.

If other games are freezing, you might have a defective 3DS.

Darkor04

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine crashes at the end of the game after the cut scene move character near Blackbeard or broke any lego piece and it crashes making an annoying sound.... can't beat the game because of this. btw tried with two different Wii Systems replace the backup with a new one and sill happens

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem with Lego Star Wars III, and I also had the black screen of death (error screen) while playing Rayman 3D. Some people said it was the SD card, and formatting it would fix the problem, but I never tried that. I did read numerous responses around the net saying that the wifi was causing problems, and black screens, even in games that didn't really use the wifi. I started turning the wifi off before playing these games, and never got a freeze or black screen again.

I doubt your game is defective, as I was able to get rid of the glitches by cutting off the wifi connection, and then the games were fine. I think the 3DS just has a lot of bugs that aren't fixed yet, and hopefully the big update includes some fixes.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I had the same problem once with dream trigger, the game no uses either the sd card or wifi, but maybe letting the wifi on can cause the problem. I'll try it too.

jamesaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Just to post an update, I got the game replaced.

I have just got 100% with no freezing, so problem solved, seemed like I had a faulty cart.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
jamesaa said:
Just to post an update, I got the game replaced and I have just 5 minutes ago got 100% with no freezing.

So problem solved, seemed like I had a faulty cart.

WTF you completed the game in 5 minutes?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you updated your 3DS at all yet since purchasing it, OP? The first update they issued fixed this problem.

jamesaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Yeah was updated within a day or so of the update being released.

QUOTE said:
WTF you completed the game in 5 minutes?
lol, no. I had completed the game 5 minutes before creating that post, it took me 10 hours 20 minutes to complete the game.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear it worked out. This happens with practically every system launch, people get random freezes in some games, while others work perfectly. Other people don't have any freezes in the games, and they say some (frankly) luck-based fix for it. The reality almost all the time in this case is a faulty game.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So it's a faulty game cartridge?

I had this with Super Monkey Ball and with Ghost Recon Shadow Wars.

It's clearly related to wifi, because it never happens when it's turned off.

So the solution is just to turn wifi off. But sometimes I want to be able to Spotpass while playing, so I wonder if I should replace the system or the cart... :<

Probably I'll wait for the 3DS update and see if it fixes it...

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
cosmiccow said:
So it's a faulty game cartridge?

I had this with Super Monkey Ball and with Ghost Recon Shadow Wars.

It's clearly related to wifi, because it never happens when it's turned off.

So the solution is just to turn wifi off. But sometimes I want to be able to Spotpass while playing, so I wonder if I should replace the system or the cart... :<

Probably I'll wait for the 3DS update and see if it fixes it...
Different error.

This was the game freezing and locking up.
Not Black Error Screen of Having to Turn The 3DS Off.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oops. You're right, Nollog. Mine is the black screen with the Nintendo error message.

Still not sure if it's the system or the cart(s). Though it looks more like the systems fault then.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Personally, I think the black screen of slight annoyance is anti-piracy flagging the game as bad, and that's why wifi off stops it.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nollog said:
Personally, I think the black screen of slight annoyance is anti-piracy flagging the game as bad, and that's why wifi off stops it.
Wow, if that's the case: lol @ Nintendo!
But the good thing is, that means it could be fixed with the software update (or even on their server side?)

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
I've been thinking this as well. I even looked it up on Nintendo's support page, and they treat the problem almost as normal. This would be the most annoying way of AP, but probably the most effective. For all we know, 3DS backups might not have necessary encryption or whatnot, and always result in the error screen. Makes me wonder if when the 3DS gets hacked, will turning off the wifi allow games to be played?

On topic, my freezing issue with Lego Star Wars III only occurred once, while wifi was on. It probably was luck, like someone else stated, but when I turned the wifi off, I was able to move on. If it freezes in the same spot every time, no matter what, then it probably is the game. I hope it's not a common issue in manufacturing.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
This would be the most annoying way of AP, but probably the most effective.
You're joking, right? Turn off Wifi, problem solved. That's not that effective.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
dsfanatic5 said:
This would be the most annoying way of AP, but probably the most effective.
You're joking, right? Turn off Wifi, problem solved. That's not that effective.
Assuming that the AP only worked via wifi, I guess you're right. It could ruin some games with a heavy focus on online multiplayer, or spotpass features, so it would still be annoying. If the AP is embedded in the firmware, that's a different story. I was only speculating, but I'm sure we'll all find out at some point. Sorry to go off-topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +1