Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 announced

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment today announced LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2

An all-new, original adventure and sequel to smash hit, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. Bringing together iconic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities, along with signature LEGO humour, the latest epic adventure from TT Games transports players into a cosmic battle across a myriad of Marvel locations ripped from time and space into the incredible open hub world of Chronopolis. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 will be available starting 17th of November for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC.
The game will be released for Nintendo Switch™ this Christmas.

“With a completely original branching storyline, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 introduces amazing new gameplay features, including the ability for characters to manipulate time and a four-player competitive Super Hero battling mode,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “With a huge array of brand new characters from the Marvel universe, including old favourites in new guises, this game is sure to thrill both LEGO and Marvel fans, as well as newcomers to the series.”

“The LEGO Group is delighted to continue the stories of the legendary Marvel characters in a new LEGO adventure,” said Sean McEvoy, VP Digital Games, The LEGO Group. “Fans young and old will love playing through this all-new cosmic saga spanning the Marvel Universe as seen through the LEGO lens.”

“As we look to bring amazing games to Marvel fans of all ages, we’ve teamed up yet again with our incredible partners at LEGO, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games,” said Jay Ong, SVP, Games & Innovation, Marvel Entertainment. “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 brings characters from across Marvel’s history into an original story told in a way that only LEGO games can, offering hours of epic gameplay.”

“Delivering on our commitment to make unforgettable games, it was only a matter of time before we teamed back up with our incredible partners at LEGO, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games,” said Jay Ong, SVP, Games & Innovation, Marvel Entertainment. “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 brings characters from Marvel’s storied history into an original story that transports players into a one-of-a-kind LEGO world, offering hours of epic gameplay.”

Players will go head-to-head with the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror in an epic battle across Chronopolis, from Ancient Egypt and The Old West to Sakaar and New York City in 2099. Along the way, gamers will be able to take control of a host of iconic characters, from Cowboy Captain America from the past to Spider-Man 2099 from the future along with Thor, Hulk, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Green Goblin and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains.

Packed with entertaining LEGO humour for fans of all ages, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 features a four player multiplayer mode, allowing friends and family to play competitively or cooperatively as a team.

:arrow: GBAtemp Inbox

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a second I thought they completely forgot the switch right after they released a Lego game for it. Looking forward to this, and I'll definitely pick it up on the switch when it releases. Also glad to see they'll be using some of the stuff from recent movies like doctor strange and baby Groot from guardians of the Galaxy.

Last edited by rileysrjay,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhhh. What system should i get it for? Since these games ususal lack online co op maybe i should get it for my plusless ps4? Then again, being able to play it portable while having a dvd or blu ray running in my xbox one or ps3 would be nice too...oh but nintendo versions tend to be glitch and laggy. Hmm buying it on the xbone means my brother could play on his xb but then again, it will most likely lack online co op and my brother likes playing these titles in co op. Ohhhh dam, too many choices. I think my brain exploded

Last edited by chartube12,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't matter what you get it for they all are.

Maybe you just don't take care of your consoles well enough? J/k!

The only two issues i have ever had with the lego games are random crashing of the game and not unlocking a character at the end of a level. But from what i have read, the nintendo versions always have random lag issues and save file corruptions. These issues all stem from poor ram optimization of the games' engine code. The nintendo versions are ususally worse cause they do not have as much ram as the other guys. But really, it's still tall tails fault. They been using the same engine since the lego star wars game on the ps2 and original xbox. Yet they do not update the engine for new generations. Porting a two generation old game engine to current systems without much basic updating was a bad and lazy choice

Last edited by chartube12,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well what marvel movies will feature i wonder we already know guardians of the galaxy and doctor strange what is your guys guesses? but tbh lego marvel super heroes had no movie tie in and an original story so this one might too?

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loved the first game; but indeed, they are all buggy in one way or another. I found it humorous though when NPC's would randomly start walking through the ground or would randomly walk in the sky! Although the game could get irritating when some NPC's for missions wouldn't appear where they should be and never would until near the very end of the game (or worse yet; either the "Hulkbuster cheat" glitch or the fact that collecting some of the comic book collectables in both "Story" and "Free Play" modes could result in an extra one found resulting in not unlocking the actual comic in Deadpool's room (I had 11/10 for one level, and no physical comic)! There were even fun glitches like the occasional "character turns into generic NPC character" glitch; or better yet, when you are making a character and their powers are not anything like you would expect (with hilarious results; like my flying White Tiger, who's armless when flying!). Did find it a little weird for the realistic look of New York but toy looking characters (I know they are toys, just saying it looks weird to have toy characters wandering around a realistic-looking city). Haven't played Lego Avenger's yet; but can't wait to play this game once it comes out! Hope to see some more obscure characters like Sunfire's Big Hero 6 (the real one, not the Disney one; I mean c'mon! They have Silver Samurai already!)! Or how about the Howling Commandos? Or the Phantom Rider (look at me, trying to list obscure Marvel characters like I know anything ^^; )?

Last edited by GinOkami428,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I was like, nah- but then I saw the cover art for the preorder.
2VjQDgd.jpg

instant buy
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-marvel-super-heroes-2-nintendo-switch/5889601.p?skuId=5889601

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it releases later on Switch.

It's like no devs even want to try to consider it an equal to any other consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards