Gaming LEGO Marvel Graphics Tearing?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a downloadable copy of LEGO Marvel Superheroes and noticed that when I run around in the game, there's a lot of graphics tearing... like, the vertical refresh rate is screwy and I get lines through the screen while the camera is panning.

I tried setting it to 1080p, 720p, it didn't seem to matter - and I'm using HDMI. Has anyone else run into this? If it's just a problem with the game itself (since other games do seem to be fine), does anyone know if the Xbox One version is better in that regard?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There wasn't a title update for it. I bought it digitally and downloaded it, the game loads just fine and doesn't ask me to update.

Apparently others are running into it, but for all platforms, even PC. Weird, I expected more from a LEGO game.

Does anyone have it for Xbox One that can answer if the graphics are better and less tear-y than on the 360?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then I'm pretty sure it's the game itself.
If it even screentears on PC then you can safely assume it's the game.

Okami HD on me PS3 also suffers from screen tearing but hey, it's still playable

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I just didn't know if it had anything to do with the fairly outdated GPU of the Xbox 360 now. Sadly there's no trial for XB1, though I've requested it from GameFly (it doesn't become available to rent there until tomorrow), so hopefully I can try it out. I bought the game before the XB1 came out and I really don't want to spend another $60 on the same game, but if the graphics don't tear as much it might be worth it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Doesn't matter, console games are specifically build for that GPU/CPU.
Even ported games/multiplats.
They get tweaked just enough so that their fully playable with the least amount of bugs.

I'd say just go with it.
Can't have everything.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It happens on PS3 too.
it's noticeable, but it's not very bad (it doesn't prevent you to do the action correctly).

Weird, I expected more from a LEGO game.
I expected a LEGO game without random freeze too, but I expected too much.
Lego City (WiiU), Lego LOTR (Wii/X360), Lego Marvel (PS3) are freezing randomly.
It's probably a problem in their game engine, and they still use it for all their games/platform.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8