Lego Dimensions Accessories Bypass?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by coon-strudel, Sep 19, 2017.

1. coon-strudel
    OP

coon-strudel That one weird Furry Artist

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    If I don't want to buy the figures and stuff to play, couldn't I just retrieve a save file for it that already has a few things unlocked and ready?
    I don't know how the game works, but I thought that you wouldn't need the figures again for second game play.

Also, I'm sorry if this is the wrong section for this.

2. coon-strudel
    This message by coon-strudel has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 19, 2017.
    Sep 19, 2017
  3. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Forget it, just please close the thread

4. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Unfortunately no :( I have it on ps4 and just wish I could switch between the Doctor and Batman without moving a fucking action figure :P

5. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Thank you for your answer

6. emulationxp

emulationxp Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2009
    United States
  7. OutVolt

OutVolt Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2008
    United States
    Hidding in the Shaodws
    You have to have the pad and atleast 1 person.
    You can do this. You can rewrite the 213 tags which is nice, but you may have to close and reload the game.

8. emulationxp

emulationxp Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2009
    United States
    every time you do some change in the tag ( in game ) is it necessary to reload the game to see that changes?

9. dmfp87

dmfp87 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2017
    United States
    What is the name of the android app that lets you write wave 8 and 9 characters onto a blank tag?

10. schooluser

schooluser Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    You have to have the pad to play the game, but if you buy the starter kit it comes with some figures and one vehicle along with the pad. If you choose to just buy a used pad on ebay or something, you'll be spending as much as buying a new starter kit from best buy.

The way the game works is you install the game from dvd, you plug in the pad, as the story starts you see a little lego movie. Then it mentions you need to assemble a lego character or vehicle and put it on the pad. You do not have to do the assembly, all you need are the nfc213 tags in their round base pieces that you place on the pad, and when you do they show up in the game. You swap them out based on what you're trying to do in the game.

You can buy the nfc213 tags and program them with a phone app, or for any vehicles you can just put a blank one on the base and it will program it for you. It works the other way around for characters, they have to be programmed before you put them on the base. The base will never program a character nfc. The app is called "wave.apk" or "LDtagEditor.apk" and an earlier version was called "Wave7.5.apk. Also, you can use Tagmo to make the tags, but you have to have the bin files, of which the wave 8 and 9 bin files are not available on the website where they usually are.

There are reddits dedicated to Lego Dimensions and such, that may be a better way to find the later characters bin files.

You do not have to reload the game or anything, one of the functions of the game is to rewrite the tag whenever you modify a vehicle or gadget, like when you upgrade the batmobile, it says place the tag on the base and it reuploads it. It only does it for the vehicle though. And you can have different tags for different upgrade. Keep one for a level 1 batmobile, 1 for a level 2 batmobile, 1 for a level 3 batmobile (vehicles and gadgets can be made into 3 different things usually)
    You can print pictures and buy coin capsules for the size of the NFC tag and make extras so you don't have to modify the same vehicle over and over again, and just have one for each section. 23602273_922598844561997_200047889_n[1].png

Last edited by schooluser, Nov 19, 2017
    dmfp87 likes this.