• Poll closed .

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
@slingblade1170 No offense but a few minutes prior I was browsing through some steam key sites and had to grin when I read that a steam key for that game was just 13 €.
Of course one doesn't want to have bought a new console just for one game and the concept of being able to play on the go and the easy sharing of controllers is really nice, but demanding 4 times the price is going too far imo.
It is the typical nintendo price policy were a 20 % price cut on a non-indie game is already celebrated like christmas, but still I think that it is stupid to always demand the full price especially on digital games just to have the full profit margin on every sale, but the amount of sales is then lower than it could be when the prices would be competitive.
And with the initial and hopefully continuing success of the switch many people will be paying prices for games that are technically only a bit superior to the Wii U that are just unfair with the mostly lower production value than games with the same price on PS4, XB1 , Steam etc.(except Zelda and some other big games).
None taken. It was listed as $60 but I didn't pay but $10. I have hundreds of thousands reward points at game stop so I used a coupon.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the difference between Nintendo publishing the Wii U version and WB publishing the Switch, Xbox One, PS4, and PC version? Did Nintendo only publish it for timed exclusivity?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what's the difference between Nintendo publishing the Wii U version and WB publishing the Switch, Xbox One, PS4, and PC version? Did Nintendo only publish it for timed exclusivity?
You realize the Wii U version came out four years ago, right? A timed exclusive is a but far fetched.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guess whats also out on the internet in the usual places? :P
yeah, my comments look pretty ridiculous when you only see one side of them.

That being said, I'm very disappointed in the long load times and full price. I paid full price for the Wii u version, I'll wait until the Switch version is $20 or so.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone with the game now confirm that load times are appalling and that the 13gb update doesn't help towards it?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought people were saying that the steam version for compuper was cheaper than the consoles, but I just looked and it's the same price as the cartridge for NS.

giphy.gif

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Soo umm, I just played the game this morning for more than an hour. The load times are much faster than I anticipated and it's definitely not 50 seconds lol.
It's a few seconds above Zelda BoTW's initial loading times, I'd say around 15-20 seconds. The game loaded from "New Game" to the cutscenes and the open world without a loading screen. Thereafter, from the police station out into the open world was around 15-20 seconds, it felt MUCH more faster than the Wii U version, as well as much more faster than that video that showcased the game on the switch.

My only complaint is that I noticed in some areas the game would run at 20fps when moving the camera looking at the particular area, but that was rare, and for the most part it was fine. The camera sensitivity is low, wish it could be higher.

Oh also, there's an update out for the game, press + while the game is selected and update.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Soo umm, I just played the game this morning for more than an hour. The load times are much faster than I anticipated and it's definitely not 50 seconds lol.
It's a few seconds above Zelda BoTW's initial loading times, I'd say around 15-20 seconds. The game loaded from "New Game" to the cutscenes and the open world without a loading screen. Thereafter, from the police station out into the open world was around 15-20 seconds, it felt MUCH more faster than the Wii U version, as well as much more faster than that video that showcased the game on the switch.

My only complaint is that I noticed in some areas the game would run at 20fps when moving the camera looking at the particular area, but that was rare, and for the most part it was fine. The camera sensitivity is low, wish it could be higher.

Oh also, there's an update out for the game, press + while the game is selected and update.
Funny, I got a loading screen on new game, timed it to 51.28s.

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy cow, no that's not what I got at all. Maybe it's because I got it from the eshop instead of using a cartridge (because the load differences were only tested on BoTW, this could be the case), and it may be a newer version since it was downloaded. I even have a newer game icon:

C8oY0MNXkAAFFm8.jpg:large

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...lego_city_undercover_lcu_installed_on_switch/
I can also confirm day 1 patch does not affect load time, still 52 seconds. Doesn't bother me though, yet.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
carts are supposed to be quicker though?
they are quicker than dvd/bluray whatever the thing is now ps4 and xbox1 just isntal the games to the hdd and the disc is basicaly DRM stuff so they will always have the game on nand with the max speed, if the switch was released on ps3,xbox360 days then it would have been noticable now not so much due to how ps4 and xbox1 work.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
what did the day one patch that was like 485mb do ? any info
I actually just downloaded it. I didn't know it existed until now and I got 7-8 hours into the game with my wife. There are tons of co op bugs so I am hoping it resolves some of them.

It never notified me like Zelda did. Had to update by going to options menu for the game.

Last edited by slingblade1170,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.