Gaming Legit CIA online ban?

bomber56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently I bought pokemon sun. I wanted to have multiple save games so my sister could play as well but unfortunately pokemon has never had this. I am thinking about using powersaves or a save manager, but would it be safe to use a legit cia download of pokemon as a second save game? Could nintendo detect this, or would they just see it as a bundled pokemon game?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have the cartridge and the CIA installed at the same time. You won't get banned or anything. Cartridges have their own unique header, while installed games use your unique console header. You're fine.

You can't have two CIAs of the same game installed at the same time, with the same title ID. So if you have the digital version of Pokemon Sun, use JKSM to swap between two saves, or install the CIA of Pokemon Moon and let your sister play that one.

Reactions: bomber56

bomber56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok cool thanks. I have the cartridge version of sun so that isn't a problem. I was worried because I heard about people getting banned from pokemon sun and moon, but that was because they were playing before it was released.

Thanks for your help.

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys know where I can download the legit CIA from?
That ISO site I believe

@bomber56 just extract the save and re-inject any time she wants to play, I'd assume it's safe unless you actually alter the savedata itself
You can also dump your cart and have cart+cia on system, but you can't have 2 cia files of the same game, just let your sister download Moon?

As long as you don't alter savedata you'll be fine (at least I personally have been)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr