Legends of Zac and Zar

SSJ Zac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a story about 2 brothers that have been chosen to receive the power of their planet. Every 100 years, the council selects 2 guardians for the planet. This power is known as the "Power Form". While in this form, your power is increased by 1000x.

But Zar was corrupted by the power, and used his power for evil. Zac did all he could to stop him, but his efforts were futile. He was at the brink of death when he smashed into an unknown planet after his battle with Zar.

Ultimately, Zar destroyed their home planet and went searching for Zac ever since.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

EDIT: Part 5 is up.

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But... isn't this dragon ball z? With different coloured clothes?

edit: oshit MADNESS ZONE!!!!!!!!! so is that like when you take acid or something.

edit2:
wink.gif
wink2.gif

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah DragonBall and Naruto mix
biggrin.gif

Next you need Tac to get Zankontesu or however its called (Ichigo's Sword [Bleach])
Or let an Angel come out of him like in Ah My Goddess
biggrin.gif

But its funny but i dunno ... but for ppl with bad eys and higher monitor resolution is hard to see whats happening ... would be nice if you could do a bigger version for those with bad eys like me

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, disclaimer, I'm one of *those* Dragonball fans. I would probably buy wart creme if it had Goku on it (and would definately buy it if it had Bulma on it
wink.gif
) so my vote might not count, but...
I think the action's great especially in part 5... ZING ZING!!
The story is good enough to make me wanna see more. It's pretty standard, but imaginative within it's framework (like Dragonball or pro wrestling.)
It's funny in spots, important when you're doing lots of violent action stuff.

What are you using for this, straight-up photoshop? Sorry if that's a lame question, I've seen animated gifs along these lines but nothing this involved.

Keep it up, I'll keep watching.

SSJ Zac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I make the animations frame by frame as well. All of them are over 200 frames each
happy.gif

If you slow it down, you can see that I use pinpoint accuracy with attacks, movement, transparent effects, and X/Y dimensions.

EDIT: To answer mthrnite, I use Fireworks MX 2004 for my gifs.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I opened it up it GraphicConverter (mac) so I could enlarge it, frame advance it, etc..
It ain't sloppy
biggrin.gif

I like how the later ones start to mix up the POV a bit, gives it flavor. I'd love to see more of that. Y'know, extreme closeup, sweat rolling down the bridge of his nose sorta stuff. A little of that goes a long way though. I'd think you would hit a point of diminishing returns if you OVER did it.
Cool man! Keep up the good work!

SSJ Zac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think these are good, Part 6 will blow your mind. I have an idea in mind that will take you into a world of thought and someimtes insanity for those who can't conceive it.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you think these are good, Part 6 will blow your mind. I have an idea in mind that will take you into a world of thought and someimtes insanity for those who can't conceive it.
pinpoint accuracy on a 32x32 sprite?
biggrin.gif

I'll admit the quality has improved. The story however is still way too cheesy, even for DBZ. And again, these arent your sprites. Ok, maybe you recolored a few, or copy+pasted one together..that dont mean nothin'

Yes, I'm being harsh, because this isnt anything new. Go surf newgrounds, you'll find about 100,000 sprite flash animations. If you want some geniune praise, make something genuinely original. Until then expect the same mediocre response from everyone.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps I'm damning you with faint praise, since I don't frequent newgrounds, but like I said, I'll keep watching. I'm especially looking forward to the "world of thought and sometimes insanity". I'm all about that sort of thing!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.