Hacking Legend of Zelda Master Quest on Nintendont

*JETGIS*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Nintendont installed on my vWii console, My games are on a 64 GB SD card and all the other gamecube games work except for Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time/ Master Quest. The problem is when i go to select between regular or Master Quest it just goes to a black screen and i have to unplug my Wii U to be able to do anything else. The main screen comes up fine with music and everything and i have checked the wiki for compatibility, what could seem to be the problem with this?
Thanks

Reactions: Doneyboney

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check to see if the ISO you're using is bad. I've had a couple problems recently where no-one has come to help, and I eventually found out that the specific files I were using were bad.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, check the ISO. Nintendon't can only use full uncompressed Isos. Which are 1.5gb for GameCube games.
this is false on all accounts, nintendont supports full isos and compressed isos, and on pc a full iso is 1.35GB not 1.5gb anyway.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Technically, yes, but out of three games I've tried, only one worked when it was compressed. One was unplayable with graphics glitches, and the other crashed.
not technicaly they all work if your compressing them right...

use DMtoolbox with 32k alligned option 99% compressed will always work, i bet you are using a very bad compressor like GCISOTOOL or something similar

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not technicaly they all work if your compressing them right...

use DMtoolbox with 32k alligned option 99% compressed will always work, i bet you are using a very bad compressor like GCISOTOOL or something similar
This, all my ISOS are compressed (90 games to be exact) and they work flawlessly with DMToolbox.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
With 1:1 iso you can check their checksum against redump.org but there is no database to check against compressed iso.
Who will be interested in offering help for iso from unknown sources?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

*JETGIS*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe i was using GCISOTOOL but i run on a Mac computer and don't believe DMToolbox works with that?

The uncompressed Iso file i have is 1.46 GB, should i try it without a compression software?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I believe i was using GCISOTOOL but i run on a Mac computer and don't believe DMToolbox works with that?

The uncompressed Iso file i have is 1.46 GB, should i try it without a compression software?

Yes. You will get a 100% functionnal game :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
People never read the nintendont OP

first off try the iso without compressing first, check it against redump to see if its a good iso, try it out and only if everything is working nicely is that you can try and compress with DMtoolbox, ppl need to burn the gcisotool so it breaks every game that even has 1 audio stream to play.

Doneyboney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Nintendont installed on my vWii console, My games are on a 64 GB SD card and all the other gamecube games work except for Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time/ Master Quest. The problem is when i go to select between regular or Master Quest it just goes to a black screen and i have to unplug my Wii U to be able to do anything else. The main screen comes up fine with music and everything and i have checked the wiki for compatibility, what could seem to be the problem with this?
Thanks
I'm having this same problem except it's on my Wii U. Can't get passed the black screen and i'm using a good 1:1 iso. Did you happen to fix the issue?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm having this same problem except it's on my Wii U. Can't get passed the black screen and i'm using a good 1:1 iso. Did you happen to fix the issue?
make sure you have nothing being forced width to auto, center screen to auto, no forced videomodes,widescreens and whatnot, everything to off except mcemu.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
make sure you have nothing being forced width to auto, center screen to auto, no forced videomodes,widescreens and whatnot, everything to off except mcemu.
I've just tried with a fresh download, and can reproduce the issue (although it's not exactly a 'black' screen). All options but mc emu are set to off.

bmMS4aw.jpg
HIqNjjY.jpg

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've just tried with a fresh download, and can reproduce the issue (although it's not exactly a 'black' screen). All options but mc emu are set to off.

bmMS4aw.jpg
HIqNjjY.jpg
video width is set to 690 turn that to auto or off
video should be auto and not none, no idea why you have none
and language should also be auto just in case.

Its funny how people say they have everything set to auto or off an then you see 3 things that are not auto or off just in front of them...

Also that isnt even official nintendont, its a mod i have no idea what the hell they changed there but probably will work once you change what i said abode.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
video width is set to 690 turn that to auto or off
video should be auto and not none, no idea why you have none
and language should also be auto just in case.

Its funny how people say they have everything set to auto or off an then you see 3 things that are not auto or off just in front of them...

Also that isnt even official nintendont, its a mod i have no idea what the hell they changed there but probably will work once you change what i said abode.

Just confirming what pedro702 says here. I have the official Nintendont and the only "weird" setting I have is that I force 480p. Ocarina of Time/Master Quest runs perfectly fine.

Also, the Ocarina of Time PC port will almost certainly get ported natively to Wii U. Don't bother with these N64 > GameCube > Wii > Wii U shenanigans. It's 2022, you can do better.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I had the same problem and received the solution in the Nintendont thread... look through my older posts of the first half of 2020) or use the search function (if it works the way I hope it does). Actually, I had a similar problem in GX loader for Wii games. There, I had the individual game IOS to 250. But for GC games on Nintendont I believe it was simply a graphics-related setting.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...