Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to have a $19.99 DLC pack

zeldaheader2 (1).jpg

Nintendo's latest Zelda game has just gotten an interesting bit of news. The title will be launching with an Expansion Pass which will allow access to two DLC packs that will be available later this year in 2017. Pre-purchasing the Expansion Pass now will cause three treasure chests to appear in the world, with extra items. One of which being an outfit for Link, which has the Nintendo Switch logo on it. The first DLC pack for the game is set to launch this Summer, and will include a new Hard Mode, a challenge, and a new in-game map feature. The second pack will launch Holiday 2017 and will have a brand new Story addition and a new dungeon. Both the Switch and the Wii U will be getting these DLCs.

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo Switch and Wii U consoles is one of the largest, most engaging video games Nintendo has ever created. While the main game offers players an engrossing quest that will keep them entertained for hours, as well as the freedom to explore the vast Hyrule at their own pace, the game world provides a rich canvas that offers the opportunity for additional adventures. As a result, the first-ever downloadable content for the main-line Legend of Zelda series is in development.

Starting when The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild launches on March 3, players will be able to purchase an Expansion Pass for $19.99, granting access to two new sets of downloadable content for the game when they become available later this year. (Graphic: Business Wire)

Starting when the game launches on March 3, players will be able to purchase an Expansion Pass for $19.99, granting access to two new sets of downloadable content for the game when they become available later this year. Immediately upon pre-purchase or purchase of the Expansion Pass, three new treasure chests will appear in the game’s Great Plateau area. One of these treasure chests will contain a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo that Link can wear during his adventure, exclusive to the Expansion Pass. The other two will deliver useful items. The first content pack is scheduled to launch this summer, and will include the addition of a Cave of Trials challenge, a new hard mode and a new feature for the in-game map. The second content pack will launch in Holiday 2017, and adds new challenges that will let players enjoy a new dungeon and a new original story. The Expansion Pass will be available for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game and are identical. Content packs cannot be purchased individually.

“The world of Hyrule, which we created for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, is so large and vibrant that we wanted to offer more for players to experience within it,” said Nintendo developer Eiji Aonuma, the longtime producer of the series. “With this new Expansion Pass, we hope that fans will play, explore and enjoy the game even more.”

Aonuma also created a brief video to share more details about the Expansion Pass. It can be viewed at http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?i...&index=4&md5=8eaa4ec7c77e62fcb4c0b16700a2b3ff.

For more information about The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, visit http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?i...&index=5&md5=25c10a84a5cc09f20e1418056380e331.

Remember that Nintendo Switch features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?i...&index=6&md5=7f0306c430dd0cf8360bf01681f9559d.

:arrow: Eiji Aonuma made a video to explain the DLC here

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like this annoucement was rushed a lot. If nintendo would have waited some months to tell about this pack, no one would have complained. Now, it just feels like a cheap day-one DLC to milk early adopters.
Well it isnt, its an entirely new story. Guess im the minority that likes DLC.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
$20 isnt all that much when you consider youre getting a new story and 2 dungeons as well as few other small things.
The thing is, we haven't even got the game yet. What it looks like from here is that the price of the full game just went from $60 to $80. If they had announced this after we'd already played the game, we might have been able to say "ah, it's a full, fun, complete title that they want to add new things to after the fact" instead of feeling ripped off. Hyrule Warriors Legends is one of their titles in which I feel they handled the DLC like they should have.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I may be sold if the DLC lets you blast through Hyrule with Samus Aran.

Yes, I'm desperate.
it would be cool if they actually did this. however it would need some kind of weird story to it... Like samus enters some kind of dimension rift or whatever and ends up in Hyrule :D and defeating ganon opens the rift back to her world.
I've played too much Project X Zone... :P

Reactions: huma_dawii

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The thing is, we haven't even got the game yet. What it looks like from here is that the price of the full game just went from $60 to $80. If they had announced this after we'd already played the game, we might have been able to say "ah, it's a full, fun, complete title that they want to add new things to after the fact" instead of feeling ripped off. Hyrule Warriors Legends is one of their titles in which I feel they handled the DLC like they should have.

Thats the thing though, for them to release it so early like how everyone wanted, this must've been a trade off. Season passes arent anything new. I feel the game is complete.

Reactions: Supster131

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
...to release it so early like how everyone wanted...
Do you mean the DLC or the game? If it's DLC, I don't think anyone wanted that, and I don't really get why they would've in the first place. If you mean the game was rushed by Nintendo for the release of the Switch, I don't think that's any sort of justification.
I feel the game is complete.
We have no way of knowing that. We haven't played the game.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean the DLC or the game? If it's DLC, I don't think anyone wanted that, and I don't really get why they would've in the first place. If you mean the game was rushed by Nintendo for the release of the Switch, I don't think that's any sort of justification.

We have no way of knowing that. We haven't played the game.
Thats why i wrote i feel. I mean the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."