Hardware Left Joy-Con Issue / DualShock 4?

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So, the left Joy-Con desync issue has been highlighted for quite some time now, but this is something I just remembered.

Several weeks before the Switch was released, the DualShock 4 controller for my PS4 suddenly started having desync issues where control inputs were either not detected or the joysticks were acting "stuck", just like with the Joy-Con. When I received the Switch, the dock was set up next to the PS4 and the desync issue was reproducible only in that area of the room. If I took the Switch elsewhere (e.g. on a train or another house), the left Joy-Con worked perfectly however I'm not able to take the PS4 elsewhere for testing.

Is it possible that both consoles are being affected by the same source of wireless interference? I hadn't added any wireless devices to the room during the time when the DS4 started glitching, but it's possible that a neighbour could have done so on the other side of the wall. If the cause is the same, could a DS4 also be remedied with the same method as the Joy-Con conductive foam trick?

Additional note:
The control issue with the DualShock 4 is sporadic, however at the same time this started happening the audio output from the controller started skipping constantly and was rendered unusable. Other Bluetooth devices in the room such as dedicated speakers, keyboards, and watches were not affected at all.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, the left Joy-Con desync issue has been highlighted for quite some time now, but this is something I just remembered.

Several weeks before the Switch was released, the DualShock 4 controller for my PS4 suddenly started having desync issues where control inputs were either not detected or the joysticks were acting "stuck", just like with the Joy-Con. When I received the Switch, the dock was set up next to the PS4 and the desync issue was reproducible only in that area of the room. If I took the Switch elsewhere (e.g. on a train or another house), the left Joy-Con worked perfectly however I'm not able to take the PS4 elsewhere for testing.

Is it possible that both consoles are being affected by the same source of wireless interference? I hadn't added any wireless devices to the room during the time when the DS4 started glitching, but it's possible that a neighbour could have done so on the other side of the wall. If the cause is the same, could a DS4 also be remedied with the same method as the Joy-Con conductive foam trick?

Additional note:
The control issue with the DualShock 4 is sporadic, however at the same time this started happening the audio output from the controller started skipping constantly and was rendered unusable. Other Bluetooth devices in the room such as dedicated speakers, keyboards, and watches were not affected at all.
Has anyone added anything to the room recently? Like furniture or electronic device or even a plant? I find even a glass of water set on a table in just the right spot can interfere with things.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Has anyone added anything to the room recently? Like furniture or electronic device or even a plant? I find even a glass of water set on a table in just the right spot can interfere with things.
No, this is my own bedroom so no-one else has access or the ability to add anything directly obstructing the wireless line-of-sight. I also haven't made any major changes to the desk setup. Is it possible that a source of interference is coming from a different room?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.