Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
So you need to hold the rear button on the back to detach your Joy-Con, right? Well, my left Joy-Con is starting to show signs that it can be detached without holding said button. All I had to do was just hold it up and then slide it up to remove it. The right Joy-Con does not do this at all, meaning you still have to hold the rear button to detach it. I don't know what's causing this. Any help?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the latch that moves when you press the release button, is it broken? Its a tiny little grey tab, inside the track on the joycon, just above the release button, on that side only.

gAC2nYG.png

Last edited by MadMageKefka,
Reactions: Margarine67_

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Look at the latch that moves when you press the release button, is it broken? Its a tiny little grey tab, inside the track on the joycon, just above the release button, on that side only.
the mechanism probably broke?
Most likely not IMO, I think both of them look the exact same thing (aside from the neon red/blue color).

Reactions: Margarine67_

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then something has to be up with that tab. There is nothing else on the joycon that controls it locking in place. Its literally the only thing it could be, besides the tracks that the joycon slide into, and it doesn't sound like those are the issue if it slides out of both the system and the grip.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Then something has to be up with that tab. There is nothing else on the joycon that controls it locking in place. Its literally the only thing it could be, besides the tracks that the joycon slide into, and it doesn't sound like those are the issue if it slides out of both the system and the grip.
So as long as I always hold the detach button when sliding it out I should be fine, right?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What color joycon?
I think it was the red one thatvsome people had tht did this. I think it was the spring not poping out latching it into place.

Gotta report this problem to nintendo. They might send you another one.
Also they will revise the new ones

Reactions: CatmanFan

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My left joycon is also not locking anymore. The right joy con is fine. Are there more people who can slide out the left joy con without pressing the unlock button.

warmo161

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got the same issue (I thought it was just me) just the Left one. Wierd.

I'm sending mine to nintendo today, but I think its a bad design flaw that somthing so crucial is made so badly. Why isnt the mechanism made out of metal or somthing?

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya happened to me too. I dropped it like 1 foot from my hands to the table and messed up the little locking tab on my right joycon. Sent it in for a quick repair, complements of Nintendo, it looks like they just replace the tab from the inside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: