learning2draw

Janthran

Solarian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some are old and bad, some are newer and still kind of bad. not putting them in any particular order
most of the colored ones were colored digitally so i have sketches of those if you want to see them
CGbJWA6.jpg

cZYIpSS.jpg

rhaeLya.jpg

gkt9gWp.jpg

o0OuWn5.jpg

oRqtG5J.jpg

bvRFHzs.png

iQO9Zu5.jpg

NkRZuCb.jpg

4YAzrNg.jpg

QO5Gnmb.jpg

Reactions: Ethevion

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not bad, the emotions come across nicely in the faces, way better than anything I can make. Obviously practice makes perfect, so keep on drawing. :)

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can definitely see some improvements compared to some of your earlier drawings. You can only get better as time goes on, but only if you keep on doing what you are doing. I remember back when my sister started drawing in middle school, and when she showed me a picture that she had drawn, I didn't think it was very good because my drawings were far better at the time, at least form what I could remember. Fast forward several years later, we are in high school and I can't draw to save my life since I stopped trying, and now I think she's gotten pretty amazing. I know it might sound kind of corny, but that's what I believe.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You really need to start using spoilers... the Thread is getting too heavy with all those images loading at the same time...

About the drawings, a good thing to always do is to see other people drawings and try to understand what was the process to make them (youtube drawing videos are also good) ...then, you apply that with your drawings (only mentally understanding is never enough).
Another magical thing to do (that I have a difficult time doing myself .-. ) is to draw everyday for at least a hour.

You would be surprised with what you can get by following this simple steps..

Edit:

Btw, before any of that, watch this video:

Don't mind much about the light/dark lines, but more on the continuous lines that he shows. Start to get confidence in your lines is the 1st major step in my opinion ;)

It's always good to warm up before drawing (something around 10/20 min. ). It will increase you line confidence and allow you to make better drawings. This is a good video to start it up:

Good luck

Janthran

Solarian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen the line video. It doesn't apply quite so much to drawing digitally. I'll watch the second video later.

Spoiler tags don't actually stop images from loading. If they did, I'd use them.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen the line video. It doesn't apply quite so much to drawing digitally. I'll watch the second video later.

Spoiler tags don't actually stop images from loading. If they did, I'd use them.

You should spoiler huge images in general, as they are a pain to scroll through.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended