Country
United States

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well better tell my boss. All the server computers are connected to one old computer from 2003 runnin' xp.

Or not and get some days off. Haha

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand people still on Windows 7. But, get the fuck to 10 if you're not on 7. Why does 8.1 exist? I wish they had just did the "upgrade 10 thing forever" for Windows 7 instead. WHY FUCK UP SOMETHING SO PERFECT? DAMN IT MICROSOFT

Reactions: Tizm
Trophies
Country
Canada
If I was able to delete drive D (virtual hard drive, partitioned drive) I would side install windows 10. I keep getting the error "Windows was unable to complete the format" and the format option in disk management is grayed out.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh? They're reading this right now? Okay, NSA and other hackers, here's some advice, take these tools, and shove them right up your ass. Have a nice day now :creep:

That said, I currently have no means to upgrade to Windows 10, UNLESS

I use a partition of my secondary HDD, make a clean backup of all my vital data to external media, and then promptly find a way to install Windows 10 while being able to activate it, the only major issue is that my WiFi adapter only has partial support in 10. I can't use the 5.4 GHz band, only the weak 2.4 GHz, halving my speed. Thanks, Microsoft, for breaking the driver support.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand people still on Windows 7. But, get the fuck to 10 if you're not on 7. Why does 8.1 exist? I wish they had just did the "upgrade 10 thing forever" for Windows 7 instead. WHY FUCK UP SOMETHING SO PERFECT? DAMN IT MICROSOFT
some have argued 8.1 has really good stability

I use Android 100% of the time (Gladly) windows is only for gaming
which sucks for security patches

Meh i run on linux
which still can be spied upon

Reactions: Alkéryn

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some have argued 8.1 has really good stability

which sucks for security patches

which still can be spied upon

The more they spy, the more we can express how we feel about it, it's cathartic too, to tell off Big Brother, because they can't do anything about it ;O; Stupid government. They're what's wrong with the world.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wasn't that only in the main Unity edition tho? Anyway regardless I am concerned about possible backdoors that could attack.
Not to derail this thread too much, but the issue with infecting Linux is root access. Even if they were to infect the /home, the most they will get is the same access as a web browser's spyware.
Now of course this doesn't mean it's impossible, one could easily sneak some code into a program and gain root access that way. But it's unlikely for someone to get nearly the same level of control as a virus can get over Windows.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to derail this thread too much, but the issue with infecting Linux is root access. Even if they were to infect the /home, the most they will get is the same access as a web browser's spyware.
Now of course this doesn't mean it's impossible, one could easily sneak some code into a program and gain root access that way. But it's unlikely for someone to get nearly the same level of control as a virus can get over Windows.
Very true when it comes to Unix or Unix based machines as opposed to the DOS family. However I often just get concerned about what could happen but I am no CS major by any means (only have read a few books)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s