ROM Hack LBX Little Battlers Experience(USA) Hacking request

XanSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, that sounds like a pain.

Also, what do you mean by unlocking all of the available LBX parts? Because, unlike weapons, there is a limit to the number of parts you are allowed to carry. People aren't sure yet whether it's 216 of each type (head, leg, etc) or just 1000 total but either way it is not enough to carry 1 of every kind like the weapon code does.

Hmm, unless the limit increases later in the game (my save is still pretty early on), it seems to be a natural limit of 111 items per LBX part category; excluding head which seems to be 112.

Which is a good point-- I won't be able to have them all in my inventory at the same time.
Perhaps what I should be pursuing is a way to make them appear for sale in the stores.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, unless the limit increases later in the game (my save is still pretty early on), it seems to be a natural limit of 111 items per LBX part category; excluding head which seems to be 112.

Which is a good point-- I won't be able to have them all in my inventory at the same time.
Perhaps what I should be pursuing is a way to make them appear for sale in the stores.
Hmm it must increase then since I have around 170-180 in each category right now. That might be good if you can figure it out but I would imagine that it would be very difficult to find the information.

If it would help, I could probably send you a copy of my save. I'm in the post-story part of the game with every single quest completed (except maybe DLC if they finally remembered to release a new one), almost done with Pro Rank S ranking battles, and 94% completion on collecting LBX parts. What save tools do you have (SaveDataFiler, NTR CFW's Save Plugin, SVDT, etc) so I can send it to you?

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
This is doable, but a pain. Essentially, unless we can patch the code that reads the AC values, it needs to be modified for each item individually.

So far I've been able to modify: the AC, Defense/weight balance, Grade (including element bonuses), weapon preferences (skills? the two icons that show what type of weapon gives the boost), and base item type (bought an Odin? now it's a Xenon!) for LBX heads.

As each LBX part (even the same part purchased twice) has the potential to have different AC stats (and maybe other stuff?) each item gets it's own full entry in the array of items in memory.

To modify stuff you need to find the relevant array, the position of your item in it (is it 1st? 5th? 25th?), and then change the values offset from that location. This can be painful. While this works for AC without issue, other specs are harder unless we have a known good starting point.

My end game is to unlock all the available LBX parts like we've already done for weapons. But without having the data for each of the parts already this may well be impossible. There are too many factors to guess, and we'd be likely to end up with identifiably hacked gear.
Sorry to bump this if nobody else cares anymore, but if you have managed to alter the ACs of pieces could you give me an idea of what offsets they were at? I could try to work on changing AC myself but having an idea where to look would probably save me a lot of time.

Raybrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is a means of tweaking the skills attached to the frame parts?
As liomajor said on the first page the game is very easy when it comes to money and resources, I've managed get 2 TG builds that I really like and have the appropriate skills. (The second TG build is the dlc EpsilonUC, had to spend nearly 2 million to get the set I wanted).
Anyway I wanted to know if each of your lbx have 10 matching skills as opposed to 5 will you get two speed bonuses?

XanSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to bump this if nobody else cares anymore, but if you have managed to alter the ACs of pieces could you give me an idea of what offsets they were at? I could try to work on changing AC myself but having an idea where to look would probably save me a lot of time.
Sorry. It's not that I've lost interest, I've just been lacking time to work on it recently.

You can start looking around address 08871270; that should be the location for the AC on one of your head parts. I have more details on my other PC and will try to post them when I get home.

Does anyone know if there is a means of tweaking the skills attached to the frame parts?
As liomajor said on the first page the game is very easy when it comes to money and resources, I've managed get 2 TG builds that I really like and have the appropriate skills. (The second TG build is the dlc EpsilonUC, had to spend nearly 2 million to get the set I wanted).
Anyway I wanted to know if each of your lbx have 10 matching skills as opposed to 5 will you get two speed bonuses?

So, as mentioned in one of my previous posts, this is something that can be done. You would start looking at a similar address to the one above.
I'm pretty sure having 10 sword skills (or whatever) still will only get you one boost-- but at least you can pick the two weapons you want to be able to use so you can boost both weapon sets.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. It's not that I've lost interest, I've just been lacking time to work on it recently.

You can start looking around address 08871270; that should be the location for the AC on one of your head parts. I have more details on my other PC and will try to post them when I get home.

I'm pretty sure having 10 sword skills (or whatever) still will only get you one boost-- but at least you can pick the two weapons you want to be able to use so you can boost both weapon sets.
Alright, I'll take a look there and see if I can find any patterns or anything that might let me make an "all head parts max AC" code at least.

Also, I just tested in the game, and I can confirm that having 10 of the same skills does indeed seem to give 2 speed boosts. I had a full set of reinforced TG Ganymede (tank frame) armor since that's the heaviest possible armor you can get and, with 10 hammer skills, it has speed C when equipped with a hammer and E when equipped with anything else.

XanSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, I just tested in the game, and I can confirm that having 10 of the same skills does indeed seem to give 2 speed boosts. I had a full set of reinforced TG Ganymede (tank frame) armor since that's the heaviest possible armor you can get and, with 10 hammer skills, it has speed C when equipped with a hammer and E when equipped with anything else.
Welp, I know what I'm doing when I get home :D

Raybrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What tools and methods do you use to make your codes? I can use save editor and RAM hack on my 3ds, but its really inefficient when trying to find patterns since getting each file takes 5 min, and when I get two different files opened in Hex editor theres usually too many changes to read through and I cant eliminate certain sections in from my search.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
What tools and methods do you use to make your codes? I can use save editor and RAM hack on my 3ds, but its really inefficient when trying to find patterns since getting each file takes 5 min, and when I get two different files opened in Hex editor theres usually too many changes to read through and I cant eliminate certain sections in from my search.
I've been using NTR CFW 3.0 with NTR Debugger and Cheat Engine for RAM editing.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Raybrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Raybrand,

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Thing is I use gateway and I herd ntr doesnt work on it, but I havent fully read into it.
It works just fine. Here's what you need to do to make it work:
1) Download the NTR CFW 3.0 files and put them on your SD.
2) Install the BootNTR.cia file from here. That will make an icon in your emunand with a little rocketship icon.
3) Click that icon
4) Wait till you see something like "NTR booted successfully. Press HOME to return to the menu."
5) (optional) follow the NTR Debugger tutorial that I linked to earlier.

Reactions: Raybrand

BlueOnClues

GBAtemp's Burgerpants
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
for the peoples that forgot LBX was on psp first ( JAP ) there is even LBX w Real name ( danball senki w ) ( i dumped it with ark on my ps vita )

Raybrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works just fine. Here's what you need to do to make it work:
1) Download the NTR CFW 3.0 files and put them on your SD.
2) Install the BootNTR.cia file from here. That will make an icon in your emunand with a little rocketship icon.
3) Click that icon
4) Wait till you see something like "NTR booted successfully. Press HOME to return to the menu."
5) (optional) follow the NTR Debugger tutorial that I linked to earlier.

Just gotten around to trying this, I've installed that bootNTR.cia file, ran it and it said "NTR booted successfully. Press HOME to return to the menu.".
Looked at the post you showed me ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntr-cfw-2-2-anti-piracy-region-free-cfw-on-jp-eu-us-aus-new-3ds.385142/page-26#post-5476380 )
I put ntr.bin in the root of my sd card, placed a blank file, 'debug.flag'
I boot my game and press x+y and it comes up with a list; Process Manager, Enable Debugger, Clean Mode, Set Hotkey, Take Screenshot.
Im not entirely sure what to do when I open that menu.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Just gotten around to trying this, I've installed that bootNTR.cia file, ran it and it said "NTR booted successfully. Press HOME to return to the menu.".
Looked at the post you showed me ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntr-cfw-2-2-anti-piracy-region-free-cfw-on-jp-eu-us-aus-new-3ds.385142/page-26#post-5476380 )
I put ntr.bin in the root of my sd card, placed a blank file, 'debug.flag'
I boot my game and press x+y and it comes up with a list; Process Manager, Enable Debugger, Clean Mode, Set Hotkey, Take Screenshot.
Im not entirely sure what to do when I open that menu.
if you put debug.flag in there, you don't need to open that menu to cheat. That's just to turn the 3DS side of the debugger on, but since you put in debug.flag, the debugger will be on as soon as NTR starts. now you want to:
1) Start your desired game
2) Start NTR Debugger on PC
3) Connect NTR Debugger Example: type connect('192.168.1.100', 8000)
4) To get the PID, write listprocess() and look for your Games TitleID (TID) [0004000000147100]
5) memlayout (pid=0xPID)
6) data(0x<START OFFSET>, 0x<size>, filename='<name of the file>', pid=0x<PID>) (For this game, it seems like the start offset you want to look at is probably somewhere around 0x08000000. I don't remember the size. Make sure to give it a descriptive name)
7) change whatever you are trying to cheat on, then data... again. You'll probably need at least 4 or 5 of these.
8) Basically, continue following the "To find cheats" part of the tutorial, ignoring the parts that specifically mention ARCodes

Reactions: Raybrand

Raybrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you put debug.flag in there, you don't need to open that menu to cheat. That's just to turn the 3DS side of the debugger on, but since you put in debug.flag, the debugger will be on as soon as NTR starts. now you want to:
1) Start your desired game
2) Start NTR Debugger on PC
3) Connect NTR Debugger Example: type connect('192.168.1.100', 8000)
4) To get the PID, write listprocess() and look for your Games TitleID (TID) [0004000000147100]
5) memlayout (pid=0xPID)
6) data(0x<START OFFSET>, 0x<size>, filename='<name of the file>', pid=0x<PID>) (For this game, it seems like the start offset you want to look at is probably somewhere around 0x08000000. I don't remember the size. Make sure to give it a descriptive name)
7) change whatever you are trying to cheat on, then data... again. You'll probably need at least 4 or 5 of these.
8) Basically, continue following the "To find cheats" part of the tutorial, ignoring the parts that specifically mention ARCodes

I gave it a shot, I opened the debugger and typed 'connect('192.168.1.101', 8000)' then I got the following message:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.101:8000

How do I fix this? In the readme.txt file it said I need emunand 4.5, I think I have 9.8, is that still an issue?

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I gave it a shot, I opened the debugger and typed 'connect('192.168.1.101', 8000)' then I got the following message:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.101:8000

How do I fix this? In the readme.txt file it said I need emunand 4.5, I think I have 9.8, is that still an issue?
9.8 shouldn't be the problem, since I'm pretty sure that's what I'm on. What it means that 192.168.1.101 is not the ip address assigned to your 3DS.
make sure you have internet turned on on the 3DS, for one thing.
You're going to need to look up how to find the 3DS's local IP address though, since I'm guessing you don't have the ability to log into your router and assign it a static IP.

Raybrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.8 shouldn't be the problem, since I'm pretty sure that's what I'm on. What it means that 192.168.1.101 is not the ip address assigned to your 3DS.
make sure you have internet turned on on the 3DS, for one thing.
You're going to need to look up how to find the 3DS's local IP address though, since I'm guessing you don't have the ability to log into your router and assign it a static IP.
I'm looking into it now, I can tell its not a homebrew issue, its a general 3ds technical issue so I've found a lot of resources to help. I'll c if I can fix it later today

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte