Hardware Launching games from HDD

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I was wondering if you can store your retail games on a HDD and playing from it, or it's necessary put the disc every time?

Because it's kinda unfair that only DD purchases can be played off a HDD.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you have to buy the games from the eshop and then you can play them directly from a external hard drive, unfortunately you can't rip your discs to the hard drive and play them.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you move a game from internal to external and back to internal whenever you want?

making room on internal by moving games on external storage, and not keep the HDD connected (as it require it to be plugged in power source too, and I'm having already too many cable in my room)
HDD can be used only as occasional storage? moving a game back in the console when I want to play it (instead of redownloading it) to not play from external HDD always connected.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can you move a game from internal to external and back to internal whenever you want?

making room on internal by moving games on external storage, and not keep the HDD connected (as it require it to be plugged in power source too, and I'm having already too many cable in my room)
HDD can be used only as occasional storage? moving a game back in the console when I want to play it (instead of redownloading it) to not play from external HDD always connected.

yep, you can move data to external and visa versa, but you can't copy and have to versions of the game on external & internal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"