Homebrew Latest emulator and libogc with 3rd party classic controller

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For updating an existing project just use SVN Update command with Toirtoise SVN, right click on the project folder ex : c:\project\snes9xgx and svn update

I update the first post with some step for compiling

Thank OuKKaN it's a good step by step guide

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The analog sticks of the genuine Classic Controller Pro still don't work.
And how can I compile Wii64? None of the makefiles seams to work.

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here the guide to compile it ( link )

i also have to modify the makefile.menu2_wii to replace powerpc-gekko with powerpc-eabi

PREFIX = $(DEVKITPPC)/bin/powerpc-eabi-
CC = $(PREFIX)gcc
CXX = $(PREFIX)g++
AS = $(PREFIX)as

and for adding portilbs :

INCLUDE = -I$(DEVKITPRO)/libogc/include -I$(DEVKITPRO)/libogc/include -I$(DEVKITPRO)/portlibs/ppc/include
LIBPATHS = -L$(DEVKITPRO)/libogc/lib/wii -L$(DEVKITPRO)/libogc/lib/wii -L$(DEVKITPRO)/portlibs/ppc/lib

Trophies
XP
Country
any interest or thoughts of compiling 3rd party controller fix with latest wii64 and genesis plus?
smile.gif

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii64 updated to r995 but version 1.1 honey is supposed to be more up to date

Latest Tantric's emulators has been updated to latest revision
For you 12345, Genplus has been updated too

Sorry for not updating before i'm little busy right now

star247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a very similar issue with my 3rd party classic controllers. I'm a newb, I have no experience with coding or compiling...I've been reading and trying to follow this thread but my problem starts with devkitpro. I've tried downloading it but it's not downloading. I've tried several places to get it and none of them are working. Any help with this would be great!! My next issue would be if and hopefully when I get devkitpro if someone could send me a tutorial on how to fix this? MUCH THANKS AHEAD OF TIME and thanks again for any help...

star247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just wanted to double check...if I use the updated emulator list do I still need to download/install devkitPPC? Sorry, again I'm new to all this...

star247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
Use this one ( DevkitPro Windows Installer )

Just install devkitPPC you don't need devkitARM or devkitPSP for the wii

If you don't want to compiled it yourself, just download emu from this page All emulators and homebrews are already fix with the patch.

I tried downloading the Snes9GX emulator from your link but the controllers still aren't working...don't know where to go from here???

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No you don't have to download devkitpro if you use the update emulator ....

maybe it's a problem in my compilation ... can anyone can confirm that it work with their third party classic controller please .... i don't have one to test

What's the brand of your controller star247 ??? Does it work in wiiware ?

89turbocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe i missed it, but has a solution been found for the official classic controller pro's lack of joystick recogniton? I did read the whole thread, but it seemed like only 3rd party had been worked out?

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to track down the root of the joystick problem in libOCG/wiiuse source. im sure the 3rd party classic's and the pro's joystick problems aren't unrelated.

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mine just work fine ... but it's an original but not a pro, have you try one of my fix emulator?

The file use for the classic controller is : classic.c, classic.h, io.c,io.h and wiiuse_internal.h for controller recognition. If a remember all is in these files. There are in the wiiuse folder

89turbocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm using the usb2.0 support w/third party support compiled by xander in an earlier thread. is it the same compile? edit: same compile as yours?

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@matguitarist - yeah, original joysticks work(I dont have one, i borrowed one from a friend to test the sticks), 3rd party(at least mine, Intec's) and pro joysticks fail.

edit: @89turbocs - the one Matguitarist compiled is a recent revision, but older than Beta 1.1 honey(somehow). honey's source is on private SVN.

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no isn't the same 89turbocs, i add a new patch that fix more controller, the usb2 version is compiled with my old libogc ... i don't know if he use the latest one with new revision, i didn't check if he update his mod emulators

star247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist - not to be a pain but I'm not sure how to find the type of controller. It is one that I bought from Ebay and it's from China. It does work in the regular Wii menu just not in Homebrew. Do I need to download any other of the files you linked to before or just the emulator file?

89turbocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
matguitarist said:
no isn't the same 89turbocs, i add a new patch that fix more controller, the usb2 version is compiled with my old libogc ... i don't know if he use the latest one with new revision, i didn't check if he update his mod emulators

ok awesome, i figured it was the same compile so i didn't bother. i'll give it a shot and let you know if it worked. thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: