Latest emulator and libogc with 3rd party classic controller

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by matguitarist, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Macho Gamer

Macho Gamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2013
    Brazil
    Problems with loaders? Small fix for those who are getting error message ("EXCEPTION (DSI) OCURRED!") plugging 3rd Party Classic Controller Pro:

- USB Loader GX doesn't offer 3rd Party Controllers Support. Change to Wiiflow:
    https://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list

- Use ONLY the Official Channel Installer (If you use custom Wiiflow forwarder channels.... you will probably find trouble!):
    https://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/detail?name=WiiFlow_Channel_Installer_v1.1.zip&can=2&q=

....if this problem have not been solved:
    Use the Wiiflow Start Configurator and do not force any CIOS. Fix94... This is my man.
    The WiiFlow will work perfectly .

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i1c94o3rg8ztgqa/WiiFlow_Start_Configurator_v1.0.zip

Last edited by Macho Gamer, Jun 22, 2015

2. kid sampson

kid sampson GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    I just purchased a Hori stick without first checking compatibility with emulators. I just assumed it would work as any other classic controller, but sadly it doesn't. Does anyone still have this file? My hopes is that I'll at least be able to use it with Sega titles. The original link is no longer working. Also if this fix has been added to other emulators I'd love a link to those as well!

3. Knewlife

Knewlife Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2015
    Argentina
    This modification to libogc cant be applied to USB loader GX lastest version? ... i buy 2 3rd party classic controllers for use in Nintendont (with analog support :) ) they work great in nintendont but when i load usb loader gx with the controller plugedin it crash... i tested wiiflow but im so used to usb laoder gx.

Anyways it aparently uses a custom version of libogc as i see them to download in sourceforge.

Can someone give me a little help thanks

EDIT: I was abble to compile libogc and then USB laoder GX with the fix for generic classic controllers. It works great :) if some one need it i can upload the .DOL with NO GARANTY AT ALL as is the first time i compile someting for wii.

Im now trying to compile VBAgx as is now in version 2.3.2 and the version uploaded in Fix94 folder is 2.2.8 and it dont work with Wiimotionplus controllers (they disconnect when entering the app).

Someone can give me a clue on how to compile VBAgx 2.3.2?

Thanks

Last edited by Knewlife, Jan 22, 2016
  4. Abraham Munguia

Abraham Munguia Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    Mexico
    Share it please!

5. Knewlife

Knewlife Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2015
    Argentina
  6. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    Does anyone have the source for the Atari 7800 emulator?

It works fine on SD but fails to load on USB. I'm assuming it needs a new library that recognized USB.

TIA

7. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    https://github.com/raz0red/wii7800

Share your results!

Pro tip: don't compile with devkitPPC r27, it is known to have bugs/performance regressions. Use r26.

Last edited by niuus, May 3, 2016
  8. xain1z

xain1z Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    Hey Matt, or any of the other thread MODSs.. i was hoping to find the files for wii64 1.1 "HONEY" USB2 ModIOS58, i'm a noob, but reading through most of the thread, i understand this is the most recently compiled version of wii64 which allows 3rd Party Wii Classic Control support?

Can someone please re-mirror these
    i saw this patch in the 1st post, but not certain how to apply this?
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa1aijrygii0lf7/Wii64-svn_r1091-new-libogc.patch

9. xain1z

xain1z Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2016
    United States

Nevermind, looks like i found it on YouTube.

Tested the recompiled wii64 version on there and it works great with my 3rd party Classic Pro Controller

10. crumps

crumps Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2016
    United States
    Does anyone have that modified USBloaderGX by Knewlife that was posted above? I would really like to be able to use my Classic controller to launch USBloaderGX. I will post it in multiple places and post the links back here if someone provides me with the file.

11. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Classic Controller works fine with USB Loader GX. It's fake ones that are the problem.

12. crumps

crumps Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2016
    United States
    Well aware. My official controller works fine. A simple fix is known, yet it has not been pulled into mainline code yet from what I can tell. It's been an issue for years judging by all the threads I found on this subject.

13. SpaceSmurf

SpaceSmurf Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    Can someone post more detailed instructions on how to do this part? I really want to compile these emulators, but I don't know where to find the SVN or where to copy it to.

14. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
  15. vEN2

vEN2 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    Afghanistan
    fix94 mods not work for me - not recognized wiimote (motion+)
    can somebody upload a emulators with 3rd party CC suppeor and motion+ controllers? For me works only Genesis Plus GX and Not64 (also Nintendont works fine with my CC)

Last edited by vEN2, Jan 26, 2017
  16. rayneman421

rayneman421 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2017
    Canada
    can someone just give me these .dol files for all the emulators and usb loader does it work for txx tech controllers i cant seem to figure out compiling and the megaupload files are not there thanks for any help

17. rayneman421

rayneman421 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2017
    Canada
    did you get help with this i cant figure it out

18. rayneman421

rayneman421 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2017
    Canada
  19. ediger

ediger Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Canada
    I have the same controller and none of these mods have worked for me. After doing some testing it seems that the d-pad is triggering the joystick event instead of the button_up, button_left, etc events. I assume this could be the issue? Going to do some digging around to see if there's a way I can convert the joystick event to a button event. Hopefully that helps.

20. ediger

ediger Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    Canada
    soooooo good news! I have SNES9x GX working with my TTX controller. Pretty psyched as this is the first time I've got the dpad to work correctly. Not exactly a programming pro so the mod is kind of a hack job. It will work with TTX controllers but I would imagine other controllers will not work now. Going to compile the other emulators and then I'll upload them.

moggsor likes this.