Misc lame wii wifi

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, every few weeks my wii looses wifi connection and i have to input it again (which annoys me enough as it is, can i fix that!?)

more annoying is that i now cant reconnect at all! i was happily playing conduit 2 when it lagged out and i was sat in a game unable to move. i reset the wii as i couldnt press any menu buttons, tryed to reconnect and it fails. i get the error code 51030 now in wii system menu. whats a bit weird is that the wifi name had changed its usually like "my_router" but it just said "my". i hadnt removed the "_router"......iv tryed reentering all the details like i usally would but it wont connect at all this time
frown.gif

is there something i should do to fix my lame wii wifi connection?

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
reset your router and reset your connection settings. Try to let the system setup the connect automatically and if it still doesn't work try troubleshooting at nintendo's help center.

And if all of this still causes bad connectivity getting a new router may solve your problem....unless your internet provider provides shitty service.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
resetting the router fixed it. the wii never finds it automatically, it doesnt show the router in the list, i have to always do it manually
frown.gif

the router never looses connection to my netbook via wifi, would that indicate its a wii problem?

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
mrpinkeye said:
resetting the router fixed it. the wii never finds it automatically, it doesnt show the router in the list, i have to always do it manually
frown.gif

the router never looses connection to my netbook via wifi, would that indicate its a wii problem?

you can't know for sure without being able to try something else on your wifi, like a ds or psp or even another comp...plus if it turns out to be a Wii issue just get the LAN adapter and used a wired connection if you don't wanna reset your settings constantly

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
um, i did say my netbook is fine via wifi...

i think id prefer a wired connection, always used LAN for xbox. i'll look into getting the adapter

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt