L.A. Noire coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and HTC Vive on November 14

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Abu_Senpai, Sep 7, 2017.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I didn't like the forced tablet controls in games like Star Fox Zero.

2. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    I was so disappointed in LA Noire. I love Raymond Chandler and thought this game was going to be fantastic but it was rubbish (to me anyway, I know others enjoyed it.) Good sign though, would be great to get RDR or GTA on Switch.

LuigiXL likes this.
  3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    My only beef with the Wii u is that I couldn't take the gamepad on the road with me to play with u games on the go. That would have been amazing.

4. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Motion controls!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  5. SonicfanCEMUTesting

SonicfanCEMUTesting The guy who likes/loves the Sonic series.

Mar 29, 2016
    Poland
    Somewhere on the internet
    Oh shit, is R* finally making/porting their games on the Nintendo Switch?

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  6. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    they were the ones dev'ing the sony/ps3 exclusive dlc when they went bankrupt

LuigiXL and Ritsuki like this.
  7. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    "HTC Vive."

Expected the Switch port, did not expect that. Love that more developers are adapting full AAA games for VR now.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  8. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    Oh okay. Well, that would be a very smart move since the game isn't that old. Plus it might motivate actual owners of the game to buy another copy

9. Mariko

Mariko GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2009
    No one cares about L.A. Noire towards the end of 2017. If Nintendo wanted to appeal to a broader audience by being edgy and exciting, we'd be getting Whore of the Orient.

Last edited by Mariko, Sep 7, 2017
  10. smileyhead

smileyhead Occasional Reporter

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    I'm not so sure about that, based on the other reactions in this thread.

Tomato Hentai and LuigiXL like this.
  11. Mariko

Mariko GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2009
    This is obviously fake enthusiasm for a game that's neither old nor new. It's been over six years since its original release. No one gives a crap, believe me. Have you actually read some of the messages?

I'm not buying another copy, that's for sure.

Have you even played this before? Motion controls in L.A. Noire? That's ridiculous.

This guy just wants GTA on the Switch.

Guess what this guy wants.

I see a pattern emerging.

This guy isn't buying it, either.

I rest my case. The majority of people in this thread either have already played it or they think of it as a gateway to GTA on Switch. A gateway created by a massive success, which won't ever happen, because all of those cheering for GTA on Switch won't be getting the game. They hope it does well, but all they want is GTA.

tl;dr - NO ONE CARES

Zense likes this.
  12. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    If it plays anything like "Godfather: Blackhand Edition" then the game will be damn near perfect!

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  13. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yeah, positive reactions of countless other people definitely equates to "no one caring", gotcha. Thumbs up.

14. Mariko

Mariko GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2009
    You obviously haven't read the quotes I posted. The general consensus is that people want this game to sell, so that they can finally unlock the achievement of seeing a "proper" GTA released on a Nintendo console. Keeping your fingers crossed for something related to the release of L.A. Noire that doesn't involve its purchase doesn't mean a thing. Sales on the other hand mean everything, but judging by massive GTA hard-ons all around, and a whole lot of wishful thinking, L.A. Noire doesn't stand a chance.

Last edited by Mariko, Sep 7, 2017
  15. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    I care. Your argument is now invalid with your wording.

16. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    So...let me get this straight, based of what 10-20 people on an internet forum say, you assume that a game wont sell well. You genius!

At the end of the day, no one is forcing you to buy the game. So what is the fuss about?

These people that have "hard ons for a GTA on Nintendo" will end up with broken hard ons when the game sales are revealed right? so why do you care?

i mean your not buying LA Noire So why are you moaning?

Yes, it is true that game sales do hold a lot of meaning when it comes to other titles being released/ported but kmon based of what 20 people think, you assume that a game will flop?

17. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Or you can cut the negativity and watch to see what happens before making unsubstantiated assumptions. Now there's an idea.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  18. Mariko

Mariko GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2009
    I have already bought it, so no, I'm not buying it again.

Sales literally mean everything. Not a lot. Everything. It's all about money. Money from sales.

This is a forum with a heavy Nintendo bias, and even that doesn't help the attitude towards L.A. Noire, which I will remind you is: I won't be buying it, but I hope it does well, so that we can get a sub-par port of GTAV on Switch. I'm not saying the game will flop. I'm saying people don't care enough about L.A. Noire. They care about what good L.A. Noire sales can do for the future release of GTA. The game isn't holding up on its own merit.

19. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Firstly i already said your not getting a LA noire since i saw you say before that you already owned it(so it was pointless bringing that up again). Secondly, Sales dont mean everything, Wanna dispute that look at Shenmue which was a commercial failure yet it got a 3rd entry and yeah sure that was through kickstarter BUT it happened! So sales dont mean everything! they mean ALOT but not everything. Not EVERY developer is a heartless EA like corporate bastard you now. And For the love of God, this is ROCKSTAR GAMES! they make money out of the A$$ you now... just stating a pristine fact!

Now regarding this statement you made:

So you essentially take the piss out of lots of users that want GTA on the switch and then you reveal that you too wanted GTA on the switch?

let me use YOUR words against you here: "Guess what this guy really wants"

Wait so the game WONT flop but it wont do good enough in terms of sales? HOW do you now this information exactly? (what year are you from?2018?2019?)

These people that say they "want a GTA on switch" will more than likely buy LA noire again and even if they dont, let me remind you these are 10-20 people. They DO NOT SPEAK FOR THE 5 million Switch users ACROSS the GLOBE!

Pardon me if a sound like a dick above. But look, like @the_randomizer said, just wait till next year and then say "i told you so"!

Oh and one more thing, wishful thinking is never a bad thing. It actually is a great quality to have, another name for wishful thinking is "hope".

20. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I agree with Mariko on this.
    I don't see an old game like this one going to get many sales on Switch, or any high expectation.
    Some people will buy it for sure, but not a lot, you can't expect this to sell like a new game with a lot of advertisement.

Regarding the post of mine she quoted, it is quoted correctly, I am not dying to get this game though I might get it in the future because I didn't play it before. I expect most people won't even go that far.

I really believe people is more hopeful regarding this announcement because it means some kind of 3rd party support from Rockstar than for the game itself.

Anyway, let's celebrate this game is being released on Switch, it still is good news! (even though I don't think it will sell so well)