L.A. Noire coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and HTC Vive on November 14

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Abu_Senpai, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    L.A. Noire, which first launched for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in 2011, is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and HTC Vive on November 14, publisher Rockstar Games announced.
    LA-Noire_2017_09-07-17_001-280x355.jpg
    L.A. Noire takes place in the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940’s Los Angeles as decorated veteran and newly minted detective, Cole Phelps investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A. The game was an Official Selection of the Tribeca Film Festival for its cinematic approach to gameplay and narrative. Utilizing a unique type of facial capture technology called Motion-Scan, L.A. Noire breathes unprecedented life into character performances, creating brand new game-play out of the art of interrogation.

The Official Announcement by Rockstar is as follows:

"Today, we're proud to announce new versions of the blockbuster detective thriller L.A. Noire, are scheduled to release on November 14, 2017 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Alongside these three new console versions, we're taking our first steps into virtual reality with L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files, featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVE.

Set against the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940’s Los Angeles, L.A. Noire is the story of decorated veteran and newly minted detective Cole Phelps as he investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A.

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for HTC Vive delivers seven of the original engrossing, self-contained cases from L.A. Noire rebuilt specifically for virtual reality, blending breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. Plays natively in 1080p for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, and stunning 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, these versions capture the grit and grime of the City of Angels like never before."

:arrow:Source

2. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's best looking speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    A really good sign for switch 3rd party support. And yes, I realize this is a port of a last gen game, but I couldn't care less. If this does well then there's a possibility of gtaV or red dead redemption for the switch. Now if we can just get Activision to port crash and make some other stuff and ea to make games other than sports games for the switch we'll be set :P

3. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    The rumors way back when were true! LA noire is coming to Switch! This is great news!

I think R* are testing the waters here with this game. If the switch version does good then i can totally see them releasing Max Payne 3 on PS4/X1 & Switch

But the ultimate dream would be to see RDR or GTA V on the Switch

Hell, actually talking about GTA, i would love to see that PS2 GTA Trilogy Pack revived and ported to the Switch OR i would like to have the GTA 4 Complete edition(which includes TLAD+TBOGT) released on the switch too. Both those packs would be guaranteed Switch system sellers!

I am sure LA Noire on the Switch itself will force many to update or buy a 2nd switch. All i hope is that the port is good (this is rockstar we are talking about here so the port wont be shit) and that it sells well.

4. smileyhead

smileyhead Occasional Reporter

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    [insert Mr Bison "YES! YES!!" meme here]

5. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Ohhh really nice.

Now if they just release Red Dead Redemption on PC I'll be a happy camper.

Anyways this is good news for the Switch, hopefully it sells well enjoy that other R* games come out on it like Bully or other GTA games.

GTA 5 on the go :)

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  6. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I took only a brief look at this game millenia ago when it was released originally, but never played it myself.
    I don't think I will get it when it releases on Switch, it is not in my priority list and I still have a lot of backlog.
    But I might get it later on, perhaps after beating Xenoblade X 2 (and hopefully at a reduced price).
    And if they did release it on Switch, finally I will probably play it!
    I have it on my XB1 since a long time ago, and I only have played a little because lack of time... perhaps portability would make the difference...

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Sep 7, 2017
    Abu_Senpai likes this.
  7. smileyhead

smileyhead Occasional Reporter

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    GameXplain just covered it:

TotalInsanity4 and Abu_Senpai like this.
  8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Unexpected turn for third party on a Nintendo console. Good sign for sure, heh.

9. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Alot of people were covering it around the same time i made the thread, IGN for ONCE even was on time. They posted like 1-2 hours ago.

TotalInsanity4 and smileyhead like this.
  10. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    Not really caring about those console remasters and the Switch port.

But heck, the VR version sounds interesting so far.

11. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Now if they finish all the exclusive 100 hour dlc Sony funded the dev cost for, i'd be real happy. TQH going bankrupt screwed the game over. I bought it on my ps3 knowing about the sony deal. anyways if they get all that missing content for it's big map finished, it will be a day one purchase. if not then its a 20 dollar bargain pin game

12. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    Awesome! More good switch releases!! October and November are going to be very exspensive months for the switch and my wallet lol.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  13. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    What does this game has to do with THQ ?

LuigiXL likes this.
  14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    a must have on the switch, gonna buy it if they release it physicaly on day one.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  15. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    ...WHAT?
    Out of nowhere, a sleeper hit from yesteryear makes its sudden debut on the current gen! Wow, did not see this coming at all. I really enjoyed L.A. Noire. Actually, I was just thinking about how nice it'd be to play L.A. Noire again and how great it would be taking it on the go with the Switch, and here we are!

Listen, if you haven't played L.A. Noire, I highly recommend you give it a try! It's not a game for anyone, not by a longshot, and I don't know how dated it's gonna look in this port, but it's honestly a really good game and really captures its setting and mood very well. Check it out for yourself with this port!

Tomato Hentai and Abu_Senpai like this.
  16. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I recently finished LA Noire with me brother, I must say it's a really neato game!
    Deffo worth replaying on Xbone.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  17. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Honestly, I didn't expect to see a Rockstar game on a Nintendo console, but one thing is for sure, it's only been six months and we're already seeing a helluva lot more third party support than the Wii U had in five years :lol:

18. ScienceBETCH

ScienceBETCH GBATemp's (Un)Official Science

Oct 15, 2016
    Turkey
    Ich Bin Jeff
    well ninty got their lesson i guess

19. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    The Switch is everything the Wii U should've been.

20. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    I do wish the Switch focused more on a fixed console than being an hybrid. I like the Wii U design much better, but I expect Switch to survive longer too. Both beacause of strategy and branding.

Tomato Hentai likes this.