Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) Translation Project

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Aegehn, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Dracule Mihawk

Dracule Mihawk Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    I want to play that game. :-( the waiting is like forever. :-(

2. Majima

Majima Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2015
    Canada
    People are working on this in their free time without pay. If you can't help then you just have to wait patiently. We all know how text-heavy these games are too so a project like this is an insanely big undertaking.

dmc310 likes this.
  3. Dracule Mihawk
    This message by Dracule Mihawk has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 26, 2016, Reason: Learn some manners, you're on a public forum and everyone can reply -rp.
    Jul 25, 2016
  4. dmc310
    This message by dmc310 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 26, 2016, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Jul 25, 2016
  5. Majima
    This message by Majima has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 26, 2016, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Jul 25, 2016
  6. hyprskllz
    This message by hyprskllz has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 26, 2016, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Jul 26, 2016
  7. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Hey guys, when you see such a rude/unhelpful post, just report it instead of replying to it. Thanks :)

8. cook

cook Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2016
    Belgium
    Made an account to say AMAZING news! Had no idea the translation was this far down the line already.

9. Freqman

Freqman Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2007
    Canada
    well, this month, they give out Yakuza 5 for free on PSN+ thats a good way to wait for the translation to come out!

10. ATMDC

ATMDC Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    United States
    I was proficient in japanese up until about jlpt2. Little rusty now but I could possibly lend a hand some on my free time for some refreshing if youd like?

goth2191, JuanCarbonero and dmc310 like this.
  11. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    How is progress guys?

JuanCarbonero likes this.
  12. kibblz

kibblz Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Me and my wife decided to play it on the PSP for fun and translate while I played. It was recorded on an iPhone 6. Yeah I know, what a joke, but I couldn't get the emulators to work nice and smooth on my piece of shit computer. Honestly, it was the only best and easiest method. Anyway, if anyone is interested:

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  13. JokerBG

JokerBG Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2016
    Any info will by good. I try this game so many times in jpn but its not for my i will love you if you translate.Japans is way too hard for my :D

Last edited by JokerBG, Oct 10, 2016
  14. Tobirama_senju

Tobirama_senju Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2016
    any progress here, kind sir?

15. Aegehn
    OP

Aegehn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    France
    Hi guys, really sorry for the long silence.

The update : nothing has been done since several months.
    I told the team at the start of summer that if there was no progress done at the end of summer, I'll consider that it's time to put an end to the project, and to release what we have done.
    But I want to polish things a little bit before releasing it, and I just didn't found the motivation and the time to do it yet.
    So I don't give you a release date, just that I'll keep my promise to release what's done, which is mainly the main story,whenever I find the will to do it. Maybe when Yakuza 0 gets out, maybe before.

Or if someone wants to help translate things, we could always keep the work going.

goth2191, mdtank and dmc310 like this.
  16. Majima

Majima Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2015
    Canada
    Sad to hear but I'm incredibly grateful for trying, for making a huge sacrifice and for putting in a lot of work for the fans of the series. Looking forward to playing the game with a partial translation and understanding the story at least. I made it through Ishin just recently with KHH Subs' guide and I really enjoyed it even with my very limited Japanese so I can't wait for this.

17. Canzah

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    I hope that in event you won't be able to complete this, you'll be able to also release your source files and tools so someone can continue this in your stead.
    Sad to hear this hasn't been progressing.

18. cook

cook Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2016
    Belgium
    Is the main story entirely done? In any case, thanks so much for putting so much time into it. We're all immensely grateful regardless of what didn't make the final project.

19. Tobirama_senju

Tobirama_senju Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2016
    thank u for ur work kind sir, and i understand u but i hope someone here can help u for more translation but thanks again and i appreciated the time u devoted in this project. :)

20. Kazuto-Z-

Kazuto-Z- Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2016
    Macau
    I really do hope that everything is going well for the team

21. Kazuto-Z-

Kazuto-Z- Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2016
    Macau
    welp.. it seems dead

22. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    Did they ever release a version of what they'd done with the story complete? Such a shame, they were a bunch of awesome guys for even attempting this.

23. KHHsubs

KHHsubs Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2014
    I'm pretty sure the plan is to release what has been done. I don't know if Aegehn is still on the case with that or if he's given up - he's the one in charge of that side of things. We have the entire main story done, but I highly doubt the entire game will be translated.

Abu_Senpai and RitchieRitchie like this.
  24. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    Oh, are you one of the translators? Thanks a lot for all your hard work, I'm sure you're aware of how many people appreciate the time you and the rest of the team put into the project. A version with the main story done would be awesome!

Abu_Senpai likes this.