Translation Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) Translation Project

Majima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to play that game. :-( the waiting is like forever. :-(
People are working on this in their free time without pay. If you can't help then you just have to wait patiently. We all know how text-heavy these games are too so a project like this is an insanely big undertaking.

Reactions: dmc310

cook

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I hit a milestone today - Main story translation is 100% complete. I was able to put aside some time over the last couple of days to really blitz through the remaining chapters.
Made an account to say AMAZING news! Had no idea the translation was this far down the line already.

Freqman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, this month, they give out Yakuza 5 for free on PSN+ thats a good way to wait for the translation to come out!

kibblz

Trophies
XP
Country
Me and my wife decided to play it on the PSP for fun and translate while I played. It was recorded on an iPhone 6. Yeah I know, what a joke, but I couldn't get the emulators to work nice and smooth on my piece of shit computer. Honestly, it was the only best and easiest method. Anyway, if anyone is interested:

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

JokerBG

Trophies
XP
Country
Any info will by good. I try this game so many times in jpn but its not for my i will love you if you translate.Japans is way too hard for my :D

Last edited by JokerBG,

Aegehn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, really sorry for the long silence.

The update : nothing has been done since several months.
I told the team at the start of summer that if there was no progress done at the end of summer, I'll consider that it's time to put an end to the project, and to release what we have done.
But I want to polish things a little bit before releasing it, and I just didn't found the motivation and the time to do it yet.
So I don't give you a release date, just that I'll keep my promise to release what's done, which is mainly the main story,whenever I find the will to do it. Maybe when Yakuza 0 gets out, maybe before.

Or if someone wants to help translate things, we could always keep the work going.

Majima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I told the team at the start of summer that if there was no progress done at the end of summer, I'll consider that it's time to put an end to the project, and to release what we have done.
But I want to polish things a little bit before releasing it, and I just didn't found the motivation and the time to do it yet.
So I don't give you a release date, just that I'll keep my promise to release what's done, which is mainly the main story,whenever I find the will to do it. Maybe when Yakuza 0 gets out, maybe before.

Or if someone wants to help translate things, we could always keep the work going.
Sad to hear but I'm incredibly grateful for trying, for making a huge sacrifice and for putting in a lot of work for the fans of the series. Looking forward to playing the game with a partial translation and understanding the story at least. I made it through Ishin just recently with KHH Subs' guide and I really enjoyed it even with my very limited Japanese so I can't wait for this.

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I hope that in event you won't be able to complete this, you'll be able to also release your source files and tools so someone can continue this in your stead.
Sad to hear this hasn't been progressing.

cook

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I don't give you a release date, just that I'll keep my promise to release what's done, which is mainly the main story

Is the main story entirely done? In any case, thanks so much for putting so much time into it. We're all immensely grateful regardless of what didn't make the final project.

Tobirama_senju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

thank u for ur work kind sir, and i understand u but i hope someone here can help u for more translation but thanks again and i appreciated the time u devoted in this project. :)

KHHsubs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure the plan is to release what has been done. I don't know if Aegehn is still on the case with that or if he's given up - he's the one in charge of that side of things. We have the entire main story done, but I highly doubt the entire game will be translated.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure the plan is to release what has been done. I don't know if Aegehn is still on the case with that or if he's given up - he's the one in charge of that side of things. We have the entire main story done, but I highly doubt the entire game will be translated.
Oh, are you one of the translators? Thanks a lot for all your hard work, I'm sure you're aware of how many people appreciate the time you and the rest of the team put into the project. A version with the main story done would be awesome!

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night