Translation Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) Translation Project

Aegehn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all, it's time for a long due update.

Why did we stay silent for so long? Well simply because we didn't do anything... I lagged behind for checking chapters translation, so KHHSubs focussed on another of his projects (and he has many), and Witcher 3 came, and holidays, and MGS5, etc.
Today I finally finished checking the chapter I was "stuck on" since several month, and I hope to do the next one tomorrow, and get things back on track. I'm sure that whenever Yakuza 5 comes out, it'll give us the motivation to continue this work. It's been more than a year already, so we'll have to wonder what we want to achieve, and maybe set some timed goals. We'll keep you updated.

KainLegacy535

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Why did we stay silent for so long? Well simply because we didn't do anything... I lagged behind for checking chapters translation, so KHHSubs focussed on another of his projects (and he has many), and Witcher 3 came, and holidays, and MGS5, etc.
Today I finally finished checking the chapter I was "stuck on" since several month, and I hope to do the next one tomorrow, and get things back on track. I'm sure that whenever Yakuza 5 comes out, it'll give us the motivation to continue this work. It's been more than a year already, so we'll have to wonder what we want to achieve, and maybe set some timed goals. We'll keep you updated.

Thankz for your hard work man.

Majima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm eternally grateful that you guys are even trying. It's hard work for no reward but I hope you know you are making some people incredibly happy. The western Yakuza fanbase isn't the biggest but we have a lot of love for the series.

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thanks so much for your work. I thought i would ask info about the HD collection for PS3. I tried googling about it again but i couldn't find the source where there were talks about compatibility text from PS2 conversion to PS3 being a success. Would you or anyone happen to know of this and/or if this project is close to being complete? Thank you.

garougt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It's me again giving my sincere thanks to you guys for still doing this! Don't take this as me pressuring you, but rather just a confirmation of how grateful we all are for your efforts! Because once you finish translating this, for sure without any hesitation I will jump on it right away!!! And I'd probably play for days/weeks/months to come. I played this game without knowing anything back then for good long while, probably hundreds of hours already just because the gameplay alone is so fun. I can't even imagine what it would be like once I understand what they're saying O_O. Easily one of my all times favourites, the fact that it's portable is just the icing on the cake. Please do your best, and no pressure! But I want to really let you know that I am and we all are here very grateful for you trying, and we love (at least i do to death) this game so much! Have merry christmas/ happy holidays!

goth2191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

So... are the things back on track again? :D

Aegehn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A little update,

We're going slowly, but we're still going. We've finished chapter 7, so we are close to complete the main story translation. I hope it'll be done in the next weeks.
Also, we're still looking for translator and graphic editor, so if you want to join and help, just pm me.

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little update,

We're going slowly, but we're still going. We've finished chapter 7, so we are close to complete the main story translation. I hope it'll be done in the next weeks.
Also, we're still looking for translator and graphic editor, so if you want to join and help, just pm me.
Nice awesome works keep it up

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
A little update,

That's brilliant! Can't wait to see how it looks. Respect!

cj_iwakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little update,

Great news, best of luck.

MichaelAker

Newcomer
Trophies
Fuencaliente De La Palma, Canarias, Spain
XP
Country
A little update,

I would like to help, but I don't think I can do much
Will you translate the 2nd one too?

HuffingtonCat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just want to say, THANK YOU SO MUCH. Like a lot of people on this thread I made this account just to let you know how much I appreciate all the hard work the team has put in and I'm pumped for the release! Is it possible to put out what you have now so that we[your fans and supporters] have a chance just to mess around IG?

Aegehn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

To keep you updated : we've a really slow point. Basically KHH, our main translator, realized he can't progress quickly enough on the main story. There are still three chapters left, but he doesn't think he'll be able to translate that until several months. And after that there's the whole substories to work on, and many items descriptions, the hostess game, etc. If he was to translate all that alone, it wouldn't be done in this decade. That's why, once again, I'm calling for help : if you have good knowledge of Japanese, and even though you don't know the licence, you're welcome to join the team and help us. The same goes if you have some skills in graphic editing. Feel free to contact me by PM. And if you can't help us directly but you know someone that might, please get the word out!

@MichaelAker : As cj_iwakura said, I want us to finish translating the first before even thinking of doing the second. And I would only think about it if I'm sure it'll be done at a faster pace than for this one game.

JuanCarbonero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello everyone,

To keep you updated : we've a really slow point. Basically KHH, our main translator, realized he can't progress quickly enough on the main story. There are still three chapters left, but he doesn't think he'll be able to translate that until several months. And after that there's the whole substories to work on, and many items descriptions, the hostess game, etc. If he was to translate all that alone, it wouldn't be done in this decade. That's why, once again, I'm calling for help : if you have good knowledge of Japanese, and even though you don't know the licence, you're welcome to join the team and help us. The same goes if you have some skills in graphic editing. Feel free to contact me by PM. And if you can't help us directly but you know someone that might, please get the word out!

@MichaelAker : As cj_iwakura said, I want us to finish translating the first before even thinking of doing the second. And I would only think about it if I'm sure it'll be done at a faster pace than for this one game.

I'm a videogame artist, got some graphic skills but im pretty busy at the moment; however maybe i can take some time and give you some help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +1