Translation Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) Translation Project

goth2191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Still a long, long way to go before this first game is finished though!

Ah... this reminds me when the Type-0 project was just starting (and Digimon World Re that is about to be finished)... the memories... well, then we all are gonna be patiently waiting for this n.n)/

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
55% of cutscenes are complete.
100% of the main story text from chapter 1 is complete (including tutorials). Still got 9 more chapters though and then there's all the substories and random dialogue from people in the streets as well.
62% of the massive globals is complete.
0% of hostess dialogue is done.

I'm aiming to have all the cutscenes finished by mid-April. Hopefully, I'll achieve this, if I can keep up my current pace. The reason for this is because my free time will be cut back again starting mid-April, so I want to get all that out of the way before then. After that, there's still an insane amount of text to translate... I don't think we'll be close to releasing this patch this year.

Just wanted to say that is great progress
You guys should create a table on the first page.
If you want to make things easier.

So I'm guessing it will be a 2016 patch?

FShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't really know for sure when it's going to be finished, and I doubt that any of us want to give ETAs, since we're not entirely sure how long it'll take, ourselves. It could be 2016, but who knows? It may take longer than that, or it may take shorter. It all depends on the rate at which we can work, and how quickly we are able to deal with any issues that may arise along the way.

Trust me, we're trying our hardest to work as fast as we can, but we all have lives, jobs, and/or schooling that comes before this project. On top of that, we're trying to deliver a professional-looking product that will be on-par with an official release. This is no easy feat, however. All I can really say is that the project will be done when it's done; asking for any estimated release time will probably lead to disappointment if we can't meet our goals. We're not going to release shoddy work if it's not done, you know? Just try to be patient with us; we're doing our best. Giving estimates won't make the game come any faster.

If you keep up to date with this thread, though, I'm sure Aegehn will continue to post updates as we make progress. If you give feedback on what it is that you see, we can use any constructive criticism to make our product look the best that it can be.

Reactions: Jaypz and Hargrun

Lakum

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
55% of cutscenes are complete.
100% of the main story text from chapter 1 is complete (including tutorials). Still got 9 more chapters though and then there's all the substories and random dialogue from people in the streets as well.
62% of the massive globals is complete.
0% of hostess dialogue is done.

I'm aiming to have all the cutscenes finished by mid-April. Hopefully, I'll achieve this, if I can keep up my current pace. The reason for this is because my free time will be cut back again starting mid-April, so I want to get all that out of the way before then. After that, there's still an insane amount of text to translate... I don't think we'll be close to releasing this patch this year.
This sounds very complicated. This may an unrelated question but I'm curious if UMD discs like the ones used by PSP are easier to hack and translate than regular CD and DVD discs. I am asking because there are many PSP translations but barely any tranlations of a Japanese PS1 and PS2 games.:discuss:

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
We can't really know for sure when it's going to be finished, and I doubt that any of us want to give ETAs, since we're not entirely sure how long it'll take, ourselves. It could be 2016, but who knows? It may take longer than that, or it may take shorter. It all depends on the rate at which we can work, and how quickly we are able to deal with any issues that may arise along the way.

Trust me, we're trying our hardest to work as fast as we can, but we all have lives, jobs, and/or schooling that comes before this project. On top of that, we're trying to deliver a professional-looking product that will be on-par with an official release. This is no easy feat, however. All I can really say is that the project will be done when it's done; asking for any estimated release time will probably lead to disappointment if we can't meet our goals. We're not going to release shoddy work if it's not done, you know? Just try to be patient with us; we're doing our best. Giving estimates won't make the game come any faster.

If you keep up to date with this thread, though, I'm sure Aegehn will continue to post updates as we make progress. If you give feedback on what it is that you see, we can use any constructive criticism to make our product look the best that it can be.

I understand everything you have said and I appreciate you guys taking time out of your lives to do this

Keep up the good work.

FShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds very complicated. This may an unrelated question but I'm curious if UMD discs like the ones used by PSP are easier to hack and translate than regular CD and DVD discs. I am asking because there are many PSP translations but barely any tranlations of a Japanese PS1 and PS2 games.:discuss:

I wouldn't say that PS1/PS2 games are harder to hack and translate, but rather, there is a severe lack of tools available to do said hacking and translating. It's more difficult to play the hacked games on original PS2 hardware. There are quite a few PS1 translations however, though not nearly as numerous as those for the PSP. This may be because these PSP games can be played on the PSP, and are generally easier to run on emulators.

I guess in the end, it kind of boils down to demand. If more people want a game to be translated, there is a higher probability of it being translated. A lot of PSP games are in high demand to be played in English, thus resulting in so many projects. I guess this kinda answers your question, right?

Reactions: Hargrun

Lakum

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I wouldn't say that PS1/PS2 games are harder to hack and translate, but rather, there is a severe lack of tools available to do said hacking and translating. It's more difficult to play the hacked games on original PS2 hardware. There are quite a few PS1 translations however, though not nearly as numerous as those for the PSP. This may be because these PSP games can be played on the PSP, and are generally easier to run on emulators.

I guess in the end, it kind of boils down to demand. If more people want a game to be translated, there is a higher probability of it being translated. A lot of PSP games are in high demand to be played in English, thus resulting in so many projects. I guess this kinda answers your question, right?
What tools exactly are missing? PS1 and PS2 have countless good Japanese only RPG's thus I'm surprised that there is no demand but they are often very obscure and old so maybe no one who is able to translate them, knows about them.

Keroro74

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Time for an update!

Things have been pretty good since last week. First, FlyingClimber, a new member, has joined us. He works on translation, especially some in the famous big file. More than half of the cut-scenes have now been translated by KHHsubs, plus all the in-game dialogs of the first chapter!Here's some screenshots :
0I8AklZ.png
0Jp91fI.png
MCRmHnf.png
4oXDCdT.png
1qLq76L.png
lC0lz8t.png
1ekkh4J.png

GeneralNuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm read about your project just now on Polish Playstaion fan site and want to thanks for good work. Also if you still need someone for graphic editing I can help you with that?

VenomTSH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I've waited for someone to translate this for so long that I actually finished both games without any knowledge of Japanese and now I'll finally get to know what the story is about. These games are amazing and I love you guys for doing this. Keep up the amazing work. :)

Aegehn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, as KHHSubs said, all the game cutscenes have been translated, thanks to his work. Coming next are in-game story lines, chapter by chapter. Flyingclimber worked on an in-browser script to check translations formatting, making sure the lines don't go overscreen. This will prove very useful, because we won't have to test, re-format the translations and re-test. And of course, work is still being done on graphics thanks to FShadow. But there is still a lot of work, so don't expect anything soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.