Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) Translation Project

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Aegehn, Sep 12, 2014.

1. goth2191

goth2191 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2014
    Colombia

Ah... this reminds me when the Type-0 project was just starting (and Digimon World Re that is about to be finished)... the memories... well, then we all are gonna be patiently waiting for this n.n)/

2. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo

Just wanted to say that is great progress
    You guys should create a table on the first page.
    If you want to make things easier.

So I'm guessing it will be a 2016 patch?

3. FShadow

FShadow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    United States
    We can't really know for sure when it's going to be finished, and I doubt that any of us want to give ETAs, since we're not entirely sure how long it'll take, ourselves. It could be 2016, but who knows? It may take longer than that, or it may take shorter. It all depends on the rate at which we can work, and how quickly we are able to deal with any issues that may arise along the way.

Trust me, we're trying our hardest to work as fast as we can, but we all have lives, jobs, and/or schooling that comes before this project. On top of that, we're trying to deliver a professional-looking product that will be on-par with an official release. This is no easy feat, however. All I can really say is that the project will be done when it's done; asking for any estimated release time will probably lead to disappointment if we can't meet our goals. We're not going to release shoddy work if it's not done, you know? Just try to be patient with us; we're doing our best. Giving estimates won't make the game come any faster.

If you keep up to date with this thread, though, I'm sure Aegehn will continue to post updates as we make progress. If you give feedback on what it is that you see, we can use any constructive criticism to make our product look the best that it can be.

Hargrun likes this.
  4. Lakum

Lakum GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2014
    Malaysia
    This sounds very complicated. This may an unrelated question but I'm curious if UMD discs like the ones used by PSP are easier to hack and translate than regular CD and DVD discs. I am asking because there are many PSP translations but barely any tranlations of a Japanese PS1 and PS2 games.:discuss:

5. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo

I understand everything you have said and I appreciate you guys taking time out of your lives to do this

Keep up the good work.

6. FShadow

FShadow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    United States

I wouldn't say that PS1/PS2 games are harder to hack and translate, but rather, there is a severe lack of tools available to do said hacking and translating. It's more difficult to play the hacked games on original PS2 hardware. There are quite a few PS1 translations however, though not nearly as numerous as those for the PSP. This may be because these PSP games can be played on the PSP, and are generally easier to run on emulators.

I guess in the end, it kind of boils down to demand. If more people want a game to be translated, there is a higher probability of it being translated. A lot of PSP games are in high demand to be played in English, thus resulting in so many projects. I guess this kinda answers your question, right?

Hargrun likes this.
  7. Lakum

Lakum GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2014
    Malaysia
    What tools exactly are missing? PS1 and PS2 have countless good Japanese only RPG's thus I'm surprised that there is no demand but they are often very obscure and old so maybe no one who is able to translate them, knows about them.

8. Keroro74

Keroro74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2015
    France

ceifadorx, mdtank and Majima like this.
  9. ceifadorx

ceifadorx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Brazil
    how, nice screen shots. looks so professional

10. JuanCarbonero

JuanCarbonero Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2015
    Uruguay
    :lol:

11. cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    United States
    This looks great for a PSP game. Best of luck. Didn't expect the Peace Walker-style cutscenes..

Hargrun likes this.
  12. GeneralNuno

GeneralNuno Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Poland
    I'm read about your project just now on Polish Playstaion fan site and want to thanks for good work. Also if you still need someone for graphic editing I can help you with that?

13. KHHsubs

KHHsubs Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2014
    Over 80% of cutscenes are done now :)

iamKHEEMchi, Calitar, mdtank and 4 others like this.
  14. cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    United States
    Do you expect any roadbumps with the content that isn't yet in game?

15. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
  16. KHHsubs

KHHsubs Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2014
    We just hit a big milestone - 100% of cutscenes are done!

17. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo

What's next for you guys

18. reinzhart

reinzhart Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indonesia
    wow that was fast
    thank you for the all team member

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  19. VenomTSH

VenomTSH GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2007
    Croatia
    I've waited for someone to translate this for so long that I actually finished both games without any knowledge of Japanese and now I'll finally get to know what the story is about. These games are amazing and I love you guys for doing this. Keep up the amazing work. :)

20. Aegehn
    OP

Aegehn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    France
    So, as KHHSubs said, all the game cutscenes have been translated, thanks to his work. Coming next are in-game story lines, chapter by chapter. Flyingclimber worked on an in-browser script to check translations formatting, making sure the lines don't go overscreen. This will prove very useful, because we won't have to test, re-format the translations and re-test. And of course, work is still being done on graphics thanks to FShadow. But there is still a lot of work, so don't expect anything soon.

Van_Kaiji, Majima, reinzhart and 2 others like this.