Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) Translation Project

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Aegehn, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Aegehn
    OP

Aegehn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    France
    Hi everyone,

Abu_senpai, I will follow your advice and try to ask on other boards. With the western release of Kiwami, the release date of 6 (and a collector edition coming with it), KHHSubs releasing translated cutscenes of Ishin, and the batch of news from last week, I really want to give it a last try and find some people to translate most, if not all, of what's left.
    SubLoverD thanks for pointing it out in a PM, I don't get mail alert otherwise.

I'll try to keep you updated.

2. AceyBwoi

AceyBwoi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2014
    Bedroom
    latest update

Aegehn said:

I don't want to release something in this state. I could quickly upload an iso somewhere, post the link on some chan and let it spread, but I think the work done by those who worked on this deserves better. I hope you understand.
    I'd love for a translator to pick this up, and finish the work with me. If that do not happen, someday I'll let it go and I'll release it, but with the release of Y0, Kiwami and 6 coming, I hope the license sparks some interest to new translators.

So here is what I offer you : if nobody wants to work on this up to 3 months after the latest release of Y6, I'll release it "as is".

Until then, if you are a translator and you want to help, please PM me.

Sorry for the long silence.

Last edited by AceyBwoi, Sep 3, 2017
    mdtank and Abu_Senpai like this.
  3. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Thank you for the update. Yes please do ask around on those forums as well as on this forum. There might be someone who could give you a hand finishing the remaining translations. I wish you the best of luck and thanks for all your hard work so far:yaypsp:

4. KHHsubs

KHHsubs Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2014
    To be honest, when I'm done with the Ishin cutscenes (which shouldn't take too long - I'll probably be finished in early 2018), I'll consider finishing off the rest of Kurohyou (I think I was just burnt out with Kurohyou after doing all the main story). I'll get started with the substories first when that time comes. Though it would be nice if you do find someone else willing to help, because then they can work on the globals translation (which still has a lot left to translate, even though we've already done thousands of entries!) We also need help with the graphics editing because there's still a lot of that left to do.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  5. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    you'll release a patch for ishin too ?

6. Aegehn
    OP

Aegehn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    France
    Someone just contacted me about joining the translation, so maybe things will turn out to the better. Whenever you want to go back it, you can. Of course, please complete the Ishin cutscenes, I need those too...

Wakabayashy, don't expect a Ishin patch from us. I have zero knowledge and material to work on PS3 or PS4. Though I think there is some good emulation of PS3 going on, so maybe someone some day will do it.

7. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    ok thanks and I hope someone will translate ishin (and maybe Kenzan & Kurohyō 2: Ryū ga Gotoku Ashura Hen)

I'm dreaming ^^;

8. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Wow this is great news. Someone pm-ed you eh? awesome! just having one of the psp Yakuza games is enough to make me smile

9. SubLoverD

SubLoverD Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    Hey everyone haven't been on for a while been busy but im glad the post isn't dead and the translation is still ongoing YAY!

10. mani1985

mani1985 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2017
    Spain
    I'm very encouraged by the project from Spain !! I hope you can try it soon

11. Jonesy47

Jonesy47 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    United States
    Woot woot!! Ill bring my psp out of retirement for this bad boy!! Yakuza on the go!!!

SubLoverD likes this.
  12. krasus

krasus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    Iran
    christmas is here and we are waiting for surprise :D

13. ShinichiKudo

ShinichiKudo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2012
    Just wanna give my thanks to all of the translators we're still patiently waiting until the patch gets released.

SubLoverD likes this.
  14. OuterHeavenJesus

OuterHeavenJesus Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2017
    Fantastic to see the ongoing work on this project. It is greatly appreciated and I hope something truly great can come to fruition.

15. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    I remember trying search for a translation years ago with no luck. A group was begun a translation but never continued. It is a great hope to play this game properly.

16. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    I'm still remembering a English patch 8 years ago for black panther 2. By opening the rar file my pc stopped working .

But like all the other members are saying, keep on the good work. And we'll see it when it's done ;).

wakabayashy likes this.
  17. Freqman

Freqman Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2007
    Canada
    damn, this doesn't look good. That's unfortunate.

18. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    I remember this one too. ^^

koffieleut likes this.