Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) Translation Project

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Aegehn, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Tobirama_senju

Tobirama_senju Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2016
    is the english patch gonna get release?
    anyways I am willing to wait :)

2. 3bb19ab8
    This message by 3bb19ab8 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Mar 27, 2017, Reason: one word post.
    Mar 27, 2017

3. JuanCarbonero

JuanCarbonero Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2015
    Uruguay
    patch ftw!

4. Freqman

Freqman Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2007
    Canada
    its not cancelled but they are looking for translators cause someone dropped off and theres just one guy doing all the work.. they posted about it a month ago or so..

5. SebastiaMatt

SebastiaMatt Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2017
    Okay I've been digging and waiting since I was 6th grade 2014 but I still haven't lost patience yet, I truly hope this will go on no matter how many years pass, this is just absolutely effortly done "patching an entire Japanese Game English just for free Wow" Please carry on.

(I couldn't post a positive comment on 2014 because I couldn't make a stable account. But now I can and I did, so please Kudos work well )

Last edited by SebastiaMatt, May 3, 2017
  6. Flagship

Flagship Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2017
    Sounds like a really ambitious undertaking for sure, but I'm very much excited to see what could come of this.

I thought I'd comment to let you know that if you needed more time to dedicate towards this project, I would happily support you through Patreon (as I'm sure many others here would do too) in order for you to get closer to achieving your desired outcome for this project. I understand It might be complicated to set up since you have ex-contributors to this project but I think if you manage to resolve that it could be worth trying.

7. SubLoverD

SubLoverD Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    My last post was in march and its now july and were still here in the dark about the situation of the patch guys :/

The last comment made by @KHHsubs said all the main story is done - both in-game text and the cutscenes. None of the substories have been done............this was posted Sep 23, 2014

so since then there's been nothing :( I don't want to say its dead but it really seems that way with the lack of updates from anyone working on this project

from one fan to another first and foremost i want to say well done and that there should be more companies localising their games as default when released so we don't need to translate them ourselves frankly the region locking and certain language only games is archaic something id expect 30 or more years ago but not in this day and age

I like many others still really need to play both Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) and its predecessor and find it almost impossible without English text because of how story driven the games are and how complex the mechanics

So i implore you to find a translator who is keen to finish the project as soon as you are and not leave people in the dark for another 3 years

goth2191 and Abu_Senpai like this.
  8. Aegehn
    OP

Aegehn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    France
    Hello everyone,

I don't know why, but I don't receive an alert everytime someone posts in the thread. So I received a mail for SubLoverD's post, but not for those before.

First, a small correction : KHHSubs comment was from last December, not 2014... Still the story was completed a year ago already.

So why is there no news anymore ? Because there is no work done since a long time. As KHHSubs said, the main story is done, but that's it. And what's left is in a rough state, because everything that was written in japanese is now written in gibberish : as translated texts grew in size, there was the need to find something to reduce, so I reduced the japanese character table, which saved up a lot (there's a character for every kanji used in the game), but now everytime the text contains a kanji or a kana that has been erased, it display a "*" instead. Meaning that while everything that has been translated displays correctly, everything else is unreadable, and kinda disturbing to the eye. That also include things like items descriptions, etc.

I don't want to release something in this state. I could quickly upload an iso somewhere, post the link on some chan and let it spread, but I think the work done by those who worked on this deserves better. I hope you understand.
    I'd love for a translator to pick this up, and finish the work with me. If that do not happen, someday I'll let it go and I'll release it, but with the release of Y0, Kiwami and 6 coming, I hope the license sparks some interest to new translators.

So here is what I offer you : if nobody wants to work on this up to 3 months after the latest release of Y6, I'll release it "as is".

Until then, if you are a translator and you want to help, please PM me.

Sorry for the long silence.

SubLoverD, mdtank, trailsfan and 4 others like this.
  9. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    Thanks for the info, I wish I could help but really appreciate all the hard work that's put in! Would love to see it one day!

10. goth2191

goth2191 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2014
    Colombia
    So a year from now more or less, seems fair I guess.
    Thanks, I hope you all the luck with the project! (hopefully Yakuza 0 and Kiwami get other translators interested)
    If the project get released I'll gladly make some art to commemorate it, you can quote me on that.

11. SubLoverD

SubLoverD Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    SubLoverD here first off i am honoured to receive a message back and i am very happy there has now been an update

I completely understand you not wanting to release something in said state and you are ofcourse right the work done by those who worked on this deserves better

we have to find a way of fixing this unreadable kanji or a kana situation

with all these new releases i too hope the license sparks some interest to new translators or sega get off their lazy asses and bring out official translation patchs of their own for the games

however that being unlikely what we now need is a translator talented enough to help you finish so we need to spread this and ask for help the only thing i can thing to do is contact your team and ask them for help or if they known anyone who can help

Abu_Senpai likes this.