• Start date
  • Views 4,349
  • Replies 36

Do you get FPS drop in Korok Forest?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
In Wii U version, it doesn't drop below 26fps or so in Korok Forest.
Unsure about Switch, might be worse..

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
In Wii U version, it doesn't drop below 26fps or so in Korok Forest.
Unsure about Switch, might be worse..

This would make sense. I feel like it drops in the mid 10s on the Switch at times.

Reactions: Deleted User

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying that some people are adamantly sure they don't experience frame drops and all of this other fun stuff.

Not you, either. Just a note.
Well when I first started reading about them I wasn't sure what everyone was talking about then I got to see it along with the joy con desync issues when I went to a friends house and that made me 100% sure it's not like that. He would jump from a cliff or shoot some bomb arrows at enemies and it was terrible then a few times an hour he had to resync his joy con. I honestly do not experience this but I understand the disbelief because only a couple say they don't experience them either.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd be willing to bet you do. It's too common of a problem to be a bug. It's just th awful porting at work.

There are people that believe Dark Souls 3 on the One doesn't experience frame drops.. So...
I actually feel it might have to do more with people's TVs themselves, at least for some instances. Even if a TV can support 1080p it doesn't mean it has a proper refresh rate, or other variables that determine the quality of output. I've not experienced any frame drops through nearly the entirety of the game (I own a $2,000 TV, though) except for what I mentioned above. The reason I'm inferring this is because I have a top of the line Retina MacBook Pro that can play games like GTA V on max settings with a 2.5k resolution (2560x1600) at nearly 60 frames, but when I hook it up to my TV over HDMI I have to turn the resolution down to 1080p with lesser aesthetic configurations, or 720p for maximum effects because the TV itself can't handle it and suffers major frame drops and tearing.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Dock or not. It will lag there, it's so much foilage, partical effects and other moving objects so it will lag for the tiny consoles.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I have only experienced frame drops once so far using the Wii U version, and it wasn't until after I had completed the first two Korok quests. Plus visited Hestu a load of times to increase inventory.

I have visited the exact same location before and afterwards, and there was no noticeable frame drop.

Not sure what is causing it, but it doesn't seem as simple as just lots of foliage. I've had times with and without framedrop in the exact same location.

D

Deleted-414155

OP
I actually feel it might have to do more with people's TVs themselves, at least for some instances. Even if a TV can support 1080p it doesn't mean it has a proper refresh rate, or other variables that determine the quality of output. I've not experienced any frame drops through nearly the entirety of the game (I own a $2,000 TV, though) except for what I mentioned above. The reason I'm inferring this is because I have a top of the line Retina MacBook Pro that can play games like GTA V on max settings with a 2.5k resolution (2560x1600) at nearly 60 frames, but when I hook it up to my TV over HDMI I have to turn the resolution down to 1080p with lesser aesthetic configurations, or 720p for maximum effects because the TV itself can't handle it and suffers major frame drops and tearing.
LOL. Sorry but I died when you talked about top of the line macbook and a $2000 tv xd

Wii8461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I noticed the most laggy area is around the center of the Korok Forest in front of the Deku Tree. It gets pretty bad there. I tried visiting the area both in docked mode and handheld mode, doesn't seem to change the lag.
Usually handheld mode is less laggy overall, but not in the Korok Forest.

D

Deleted-414155

OP
Just tried it in undocked. Still pretty much the same amount of lag. So rip.

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, Nintendo should add an option to remove the ugly smog-fog shader, lower the shadow resolution and simplify the lighting effects in the game to allow a more stable framerate and resolution. These effects mindlessly waste performance and system resources. Alternatively these effects and shaders need to be rewritten by very good programmers to be more resource efficient.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
LOL. Sorry but I died when you talked about top of the line macbook and a $2000 tv xd
It's nice to have money. *shrug* Anyway, I'm in no way suggesting what I said was right. It's just that from my own experience with playing intensive games I've noticed that they run better on a higher end display.

Last edited by Joom,
D

Deleted-414155

OP
It's nice to have money. *shrug* Anyway, I'm in no way suggesting what I said was right. It's just that from my own experience with playing intensive games I've noticed that they run better on a higher end display.
it's not that, it's the way you put it xd
First. No reason to point out the price of your tv.
Second. Running GTA V on highest settings is not that hard.
Third. I don't like Apple in general, so I just found it funny when you said "I have a top of the line Retina MacBook Pro" xd

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
it's not that, it's the way you put it xd
First. No reason to point out the price of your tv.
Second. Running GTA V on highest settings is not that hard.
Third. I don't like Apple in general, so I just found it funny when you said "I have a top of the line Retina MacBook Pro" xd
Only reason I mentioned the price is because I don't have a better way of portraying that it's a decent TV. Though I was drunk when I said that, so I can see how it came off as pretentious. Also, I bought my Mac because I wanted a UNIX system with POSIX compliance and proprietary support, but I didn't want to fuck around with building a Hackintosh. I also wanted to upgrade from my 7 year old Satellite that had a terrible APU and 6 GB of RAM. Also, I'm not debating that running GTA V on high settings is hard per se, but running it on high settings at a high resolution kinda is. Most mid tier PCs nowadays can run it on high settings at 720p or less. Upping the resolution on any game is what causes them to choke, which was my entire point behind my post.

D

Deleted-414155

OP
Only reason I mentioned the price is because I don't have a better way of portraying that it's a decent TV. Though I was drunk when I said that, so I can see how it came off as pretentious. Also, I bought my Mac because I wanted a UNIX system with POSIX compliance and proprietary support, but I didn't want to fuck around with building a Hackintosh. I also wanted to upgrade from my 7 year old Satellite that had a terrible APU and 6 GB of RAM. Also, I'm not debating that running GTA V on high settings is hard per se, but running it on high settings at a high resolution kinda is. Most mid tier PCs nowadays can run it on high settings at 720p or less. Upping the resolution on any game is what causes them to choke, which was my entire point behind my post.
Ok. I didn't mean to sound like a dick with the reply if that's how you took it. I was just saying xd

Spazem1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry to bring back a really old post, but I recently bought a Nintendo Switch (Let's Go Pikachu exclusive) and I'm experiencing the same issue in Korok Forest. I've been digging around and apparently some people aren't experiencing the issue at all in either docked/undocked. Could it be a model issue? I've got all the latest updates for both the console and the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wsg boys