Kojima Talks about the Switch, compares it to Transfarring and the gamer's dream

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight

Member Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Way ahead of you, getting it worked out. *Schemes to get kojima fired from sony, while planning to get konami to sell MGS to him and get hired by nintendo* :creep:

What, i want boktai game on switch, IS PERFECT FOR IT... Also MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK/STARFORCE REBOOT! :ninja:

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    its Airi Katagiri from Boku dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED)

Pokem likes this.
  3. kumikochan

Member kumikochan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    I know erased and Airi. It was one of the better shows a couple of seasons back but don't see how she looks like Airi at all. And if it her well then it's a bad artist impression of her since i got it from deviantart. It could be but i don't see how she looks like Airi at all.
    She has the same uniform so it could be but still is a bad impression if it would be.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by kumikochan, Feb 5, 2017
  4. TeamScriptKiddies

Member TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

United States
    Ya that makes me angry that they're going to just re-release a "deluxe" version of MK8 on the switch for full price, that's crazy considering how long the game has been out on the U. I mean, I understand its some sort of remake/remaster, but still, I could see maybe a $29.99-$39.99 being a realistic price point, but full price!? Not even a discount for those who already have it on the U? Also, I hope that the switch eventually gets its own MK game, like every other Nintendo console has since the SNES instead of just this remake....

rikumax25! and kumikochan like this.
  5. Saiyan Lusitano

Member Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    We haven't had a Metal Gear Solid game since the GameCube era and it'd sure be great to have a new one but of course, this is up to Konami now to decide as Hideo Kojima's no longer part of the team.
    Not really. Maybe for a few or some.

6. Saiyan Lusitano

Portugal
    It would be jaw dropping if Konami did a pentalogy collection of Metal Gear Solid for the Nintendo Switch because at most what Nintendo console gamers got was The Twin Snakes (amazing remake of MGS 1&2) while missing out on MGS 3-5. But the problem with this is that they probably wouldn't be able to fit in one single game card or they would and it would be too expensive (Limited Edition print? Oh hell yes!).

7. Katsumi San

Member Katsumi San GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    https://twitter.com/asagi_0398/status/713276193441587200 (彼女はである!)

8. kumikochan

Member kumikochan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
  9. GorrillaRIBS

Member GorrillaRIBS Gigyas became tame

Canada
    Twin Snakes was just a remake of 1 (though in a version of 2's engine) - regardless, I now cannot live without every mgs on my Switch!

10. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    There was also the terrible mgs3 port 3ds got

Last edited by Joe88, Feb 5, 2017
    Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  11. Tigran

Member Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yet.. Final Fantasy 12 and X/X-2 is fine... Last for us is fine.

But nintendo does it... they want to fuck you sooooo bad!

Actually the doc is cheaper than the equivalents.

12. Luckkill4u

Member Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Canada
    Mario Kart 8 only came out less than 3 years ago on the WiiU. Final Fantasy X came out almost 16 years ago and was a re-master. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe looks identical to the WiiU version IMO. Just wait Nintendo will probably try to sell you Super Smash Bros. Switch that's identical to the WiiU and 3DS versions....

DrkBeam and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  13. Tigran

United States
    And yet Last of us came out a YEAR later. And we know the Switch version has more additions than last of us did.

14. Saiyan Lusitano

Portugal
    Oh yeah. :P Not sure if it's terrible but the mere fact they released it on the 3DS is pretty impressive.

15. Luckkill4u

Canada
    Being so late in the PS3's lifetime it was a smart move to bring it to the PS4. Not only did it help sell the game, it brought it to the PS4 audience that doesn't own a PS3 like me. Not only that it was a REMASTER which means better frame rates and graphics unlike what Nintendo seems to be doing. I consider your argument false :moogle:

16. Saiyan Lusitano

Portugal
    Mario Kart 8: Deluxe does look identical to the WiiU version, the plus side of it is that it comes with all the DLC content on physical format as well as some new content. :) No one can even call it "Mario Kart 8: Remastered" since Ninty didn't change the graphics.

Luckkill4u likes this.
  17. Luckkill4u

Canada
    Basically Nintendo is pulling a Konami calling it "Deluxe" instead of "The Definitive Experience" we saw with MGSV.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  18. Tigran

United States
    So rereleaseing MK8 for a audience that may not have it is played it also doesn't count. And if you honestly thought that a Remaster like Cliche' of Us is any actual work, I hate to tell you, it's not. They have higher rez textures on their computers already, so they slapped them on. I would consider actual NEW game modes more work than slapping already created textures on the game.

19. Luckkill4u

Canada
    If it was 3 years later I'd be more happy for Mario Kart 9... Last of Us Remastered included all the DLC(Just like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe), improved graphics, higher resolution textures, longer draw distance, improved audio, tweaked combat, photo mode and developer commentary. I have no evidence for this but I'm sure Naughty Dog originally developed it for the PS3 and PS4. It would make sense since Sony published it and had PS4 developer kits at the time.

20. Saiyan Lusitano

Portugal
    Mario Kart 9? Let's jump straight to Mario Kart 10 (or Mario Kart: X)!

I believe Nintendo should have stuck with "Mario Kart: Infinity (8)" it'd have been a fresh title than, you know, a simple number.