Know Your Game - Persona 4

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...I hate writing this part so let's just skip it..

And this week on KYG, we have none other than @Red9419 with Persona 4!!!
you know da rules, so get to it.

RULES and info
interviews are open for good, no need to answer after one week if you don't want to, though.
these are done in the same fashion as KYT . the public asks the questions . the questionee answers.​

You may ask questions about the game . the persons experiences with the game . and generally topics relating to said game .

D

Deleted User

ok
Is it a weeb game?
Is it a enjoyable game?
A game that can be enjoyed by people who do not like anime?
A game that can be well received just through gameplay?
Why did you pick this game?
Why 4?
Is 3 any better?

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Huh, again? I'll still gladly answer questions.
ok
Is it a weeb game?
Is it a enjoyable game?
A game that can be enjoyed by people who do not like anime?
A game that can be well received just through gameplay?
Why did you pick this game?
Why 4?
Is 3 any better?
-Kind of a weeb game? It doesn't bombard you with weeb shit like most games do.
- Very enjoyable. I sank about 200 hours into it.
- It can definitely be enjoyed by someone who doesn't like anime. The story is great.
- The gameplay is standard dungeon crawling and daily life. Some people like it others don't.
I chose this game because at the time I just finished playing Persona 4 Golden.
- Most people say 4 is better than 3, but I prefer 3 because it has a "darker tone" to it.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What are your favourite things introduced in 4?
What do you think are its weakest parts and what do you think are its best parts?
What do you think 4 does better than the prevoius 3 games? And what do you think the others do better?
Also what is your opinion on the light hearted feel of p4 next to the darker games in the series like 2 and 3?

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
What are your favourite things introduced in 4?
What do you think are its weakest parts and what do you think are its best parts?
What do you think 4 does better than the prevoius 3 games? And what do you think the others do better?
Also what is your opinion on the light hearted feel of p4 next to the darker games in the series like 2 and 3?
-My favorite thing that was introduced in 4 would be that the bosses have back stories, unlike 3 (monthly bland shadows :( ).
-In my opinion, the weakest part of the game is right in the beginning. There's a lot of dialogue and takes while to get to the actual game play. The beginning is still good though!
- The battles are one of the big improvements compared to the older titles. No more Strike, Slash, and Pierce. I found these repetitive since and confusing since they can be seen as just Physical. Controlling your team is a plus (Only bad thing about FES).
- Despite liking darker tones, the lighthearted feel of 4 fits the setting well. A small and quiet town is perfect. It adds to the Social Links and makes the game fun.

Last edited by Red9419,

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I have played the game and i adore it and the series in general.

So i have a simple question:

Who is best girl?:D (in your opinion? who do you think Yu would end up with?) (i personally always chose Yukiko since it just felt natural)

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
I have played the game and i adore it and the series in general.

So i have a simple question:

Who is best girl?:D (in your opinion? who do you think Yu would end up with?) (i personally always chose Yukiko since it just felt natural)
Best girl is Naoto :). As for the second question, I think he'd either go for Rise or Yukiko.
Why is Persona 5 better than Persona 4?
It just is. No explanation needed.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is Persona 4 different from Persona Q on 3DS?
Is Persona 4 better than Persona 3?
Is the game ever going to tug at my honey nut feelios?
Should I play it on a Vita, real Playstation 2, or PCSX2?

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
How is Persona 4 different from Persona Q on 3DS?
Is Persona 4 better than Persona 3?
Is the game ever going to tug at my honey nut feelios?
Should I play it on a Vita, real Playstation 2, or PCSX2?
-Persona 4 is a main series game while Q is just a spin off. It's not very well received like most of the Persona spinoffs.
-Persona 4 is a great game, but I like 3 more.
-Parts towards the end will add milk and make your honey nut feelios soggy :sad:
-I'd say play it on a Vita. The Golden version adds a little bit extra to the story with Marie introduced. That and the portability!

Reactions: Boogieboo6

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
(note: have never played any persona game)

Isn't the appeal a bit...jarring? I'm probably wrong somewhere assuming "dungeon crawling" has an appeal like the diablo kind of games (a power fantasy involving loot and being better than your standard 'you' with powerful unlocks), whereas assuming the roleplaying aspect comes from the social interaction among the characters (kind of like the appeal of telltale's games, or 999).

I could say something like "in case so...shouldn't the game be better if it focuses on either instead of both?" (in diablo I end up skipping most dialogue, and in story-driven games I want to avoid combat alltogether), but I don't know the game. So...is this a critique of the game, or do I totally miss the concept? :unsure:

Reactions: Red9419

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
(note: have never played any persona game)

Isn't the appeal a bit...jarring? I'm probably wrong somewhere assuming "dungeon crawling" has an appeal like the diablo kind of games (a power fantasy involving loot and being better than your standard 'you' with powerful unlocks), whereas assuming the roleplaying aspect comes from the social interaction among the characters (kind of like the appeal of telltale's games, or 999).

I could say something like "in case so...shouldn't the game be better if it focuses on either instead of both?" (in diablo I end up skipping most dialogue, and in story-driven games I want to avoid combat alltogether), but I don't know the game. So...is this a critique of the game, or do I totally miss the concept? :unsure:
I think the main appeal of the Persona games would be the story and social aspects. I can see where you're coming from since I usually avoid battles in this game too. However, if you remove either aspect you would be left with a Visual Novel without gameplay or a sluggish, never ending dungeon (Darn you Tartarus). The persona games have a nice balance between action and plot with social interactions. It's a sort of pick-me-up so the game doesn't drag on and get boring. Hopefully I answered your question correctly haha. (Just woke up, can't think :P)

Reactions: Taleweaver

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Luckily I didn't get the bad ending, but nonetheless it was still a pretty sad scene .

let me rephrase it. Were you expecting there to be multiple endings to the game? i personally was shocked when i found out that getting the bad or good ending was based of this statement. I dont recall P3 having this hence why i was shocked.

Reactions: Red9419

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol booty patrol Ken your being bent over for suspected turd burglary