Know Your Game - Persona 4

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by lcie nimbus, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I played the beginning of P4, but never went very far. I always feared doing something wrong, or not "in time" (as you have limited time to level up until it rains again) and get the bad ending, dead characters, etc.
    But finally ended watching the anime instead and I liked it better.

I understand the game series is about social event, and the anime only pick one choice while it's left to you to interact with the other people.
    So, my question is about that feature :
    Do you feel in real life you have the same approach with meeting unknown people, knowing they can and will be part of your social circle and will provide (or affect) something in your own life? meeting people and strengthening their bond is giving you power?

That's probably the strangest question you'll get :P
    Maybe I'm not clearly explaining what I want to say, but I often think about P4's social interaction when I meet someone new. I feel like making bond and winning experience, sharing that person's own life story helps building your own life.

Just to say, the few I played about that game affected my view on life. did it do the same to you?

Red9419 likes this.
  2. Red9419

Red9419 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2014
    Yes I was aware that there were multiple endings because my friends warned me about the bad and good endings. I was still scared that I would choose a wrong option and get a bad ending (which sort of happened on the last day of the game). Persona 3 only had 2 endings so it was easier to handle as a beginner.
    Not a strange question, but it sure is interesting haha!
    I'll be blunt and say I'm an introvert. Meeting new people and such fills me with anxiety. However, this game did "open my eyes" and notice that the people I have bonds with right now will be a part of my life for quite some time, like you stated. I'm still a young person, so I have more experience to live through. It's amazing how a game can bring up such topics!

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I'm also introverted and rarely meet new people. I have no friend and started (trying, forcing myself) to meet random people in my town this month.
    After 40 years, I sometime feel lonely, you are young but I'm a little less, ahaha,
    When I met and talked to these persons, they said things like "we don't meet people without reason" "People we meet bring something to our life" etc., and I thought about P4 social events.

Maybe I wouldn't have thought about P4 if I had a lot of friends and already a big circle of people around me, but it's the fact it's something new and telling it's making bond which made me think about it.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 8, 2017
  4. Red9419

Red9419 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2014
    Interesting correlation! Good luck on meeting new people, Cyan!

Cyan likes this.
  5. lcie nimbus
    OP

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    have you played the Mainstream Shin Megami Tensei games as well as this ?
    if so, how do you think these games ( persona ) are better or worse than the mainstream games ?
    hardest boss in the game ?
    best OST ? ( post it here )