100th degree asskicker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
welcome to the new session of KYG . today we will be interrogating @RevPokemon

Rules and info
Interviews are done in the same fashion as KYT . the public asks . the prisoner answers.

everyone is welcome to ask a few questions.

limit yourself to one post please

You may ask questions about the game . the persons experiences with the game . and generally topics relating to said game .

Interviews last 3 days.
NO QUICK TEMPLATES(I see any and your kicked)
and lastly NO HATERS

todays topic : Lego City Undercover

Sign ups Here :https://gbatemp.net/threads/know-your-game-signups-now-open-for-business.448911/

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
How does this Lego game differ from the other Lego games? They all have something unique about them. I've heard this one is particularly good, so what makes it stand out from the others?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
what is your opinion when people say lego city undercover is the gta of nintendo

did you actually enjoyed this game? even with the shitiest framerate? (at least on a O3DS)

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what IS Lego city undercover about?
The plot is an advancement from Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins which is the 3DS version of the game released around the same time. In the game you play as Cop Chase McCain who returns to Lego City in order to capture escaped criminal Rex Fury. However in order to do this you will be sent on undercover missions by the LCPD in order to gain information about the gangs which are involved with Rex while also learning more about the backstory of Chase and other characters who also play a large role in the plot.

How does this Lego game differ from the other Lego games? They all have something unique about them. I've heard this one is particularly good, so what makes it stand out from the others?
The two things that really shine are the fact that it is uniquely Lego and also the world structure. Most modern post Lego Star Wars Lego games as you know were up until LCU based upon existing IP's Lego toylines while in LCU the characters and designs are fully original Lego. As such the entire world is based upon the world of Lego when it comes to character design and design of the cars.

Secondly is the over world. Most Lego games have a similar structure in that you have 15 or so levels which can be chosen from a hub over world. This is not the case of LCU as the game is largely based upon an Open world over world which is used quite often not only to access levels but also to advance the story as well as for collecting items such as characters and abilities.

Additionally I would add that another thing that sets it apart is it's use of humor as it is provides excellent writing and pretty good voice acting which takes to a place the previous lego games never could go.

All in all for those reasons are why I would say that it is perhaps the best Lego game ever made.

what is your opinion when people say lego city undercover is the gta of nintendo

Hmm. I never really have played GTA but I would say that you need to keep in mind that a certain percentage of the game is meant to be played via the more traditional Lego linear stages. But I do see why people say that but I just think it is wrong to assume that because it is open world it is a GTA game.

did you actually enjoyed this game? even with the shitiest framerate? (at least on a O3DS)
I love playing it on WIIU but the 3DS and WIIU versions are quite different and have different plots.

Last edited by RevPokemon,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you suffer from the freezing bug too ?
How long did it take you to complete it 100%?
Did you play that game more than once?

Are you using any "red block" unlocked option ?
which red bloc option do you prefer? personally, the "any color gun" was sooo good, no need to worry about your gun's current color. I don't care about visual or costume.

If I played only the WiiU version and liked it, should I play the 3DS prequel?

Why do we like lego games?
Would that game be as fun if it wasn't lego? (imagine a realistic graphics, GTA or watchdog)

I still haven't complete it 100%, I'm missing some items not located on the radar (stars and hidden Mario question blocs, not sure what else I missed too) not sure when I'll play it again.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you suffer from the freezing bug too ?
I did have a good deal of freezing at certain times mainly during the long loading periods.

How long did it take you to complete it 100%?
I have never gotten there sadly due to my WiiU corrupting my save data when I was at about 92% or so. Currently IIRC I am at 87% but have not played due to being busy with life but I plan to pick up where I left off soon.

Did you play that game more than once?
Although I have never 100% completed it, I have finished the main story about 6 times or so.

Are you using any "red block" unlocked option ?
which red bloc option do you prefer? personally, the "any color gun" was sooo good, no need to worry about your gun's current color. I don't care about visual or costume.
Personally I have used red blocks a good bit mainly

• Multipliers to gain money and power blocks faster although grinding for them is not that hard once you get the jet pack.
  • The Any Color Gun for the pure convenience that it gives me.
  • The create a vehicle anywhere code since it is also convenient for when I need a certain type of vehicle.
  • Unlimited Dynamite for convenience
Occasionally I will use the Instant teleport for when there is something specific I need to get or want to be but I generally do not use that one.

If I played only the WiiU version and liked it, should I play the 3DS prequel?
I have not played it so I am not sure but it does talk about the pre-story. Personally I want to get it though.

Why do we like lego games?
I am not sure about you and your background with Lego but for me it is firstly because it is nostalgic. I am a pretty big Lego fan and have always loved playing with them so the game gives me alot of nostalgia in that regard. Secondly I would argue because the Lego games are just pretty good. Sure they are not revolutionary or that difficult but for the most party they are pretty well polished, have attractive IPs, and have that sort of all ages appeal.

Would that game be as fun if it wasn't lego? (imagine a realistic graphics, GTA or watchdog)
I am not sure really. Reason being for me the pleasure of Lego City such as it's designs, humor, and nostalgia it gives me are something I do not think that a realistic type game could give me or even another cartoony type game could.

Reactions: Cyan

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played this on my wii u because of its open worldness. It was ok.
How would you rate this game?
Would you recommend the 3ds version?
Is it bad I got stuck at the part where I steal a truck and have to drive to some place (I think) and haven't been able to get past it?

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would you rate this game?
Personally? I would give it a 9.7/10 due to my love of Lego, the humor, and the gameplay. Overall if you have no care for Lego? Probably a 8/10 or so due to the load times and fact that it really is not revolutionary in terms of gameplay.

Would you recommend the 3ds version?
I have never played it although they are different games.

Is it bad I got stuck at the part where I steal a truck and have to drive to some place (I think) and haven't been able to get past it?
Ya know I actually also had some issues when it came to the big rigs in the game as well. Mainly because it felt like if you make certain mistakes that it is very easy to be killed.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway speaking of LCU I have to say that it really is exciting to see how it will turn out!

I just wonder if it in any way could open the possibilities for a sequel.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played Lego Pirates and Lego Jurassic.
Should I play this one
If you liked them I would say definitely. Of not I would say maybe since the open world adds a lot and the "levels" are a lot more polished.

As in, is it an easy almost linear 1000G game?
Is it easy? The actual levels are pretty easy in terms of difficulty since you really can't die. But the beef of the game is exploring around and looking for items and collectibles which can be time consuming and is a bit challenging.

Ultimately though I would not really say it is linear as you have a lot of options

Reactions: DinohScene

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've played Lego Pirates
I've been told lego pirate is one of the worst. not an interesting one.
You should really try Lego city :)

I liked Lego city (for the story and the new mechanics not in other lego games)
I liked Lego Marvel super hero too (has a semi-open world, only one mission at a time)
Lego LOTR was nice, but never tried to 100% it. it froze too often.It's a recurrent bug in ALL Lego games on all consoles that devs don't seems to care about.

I've heard Harry potter games are great.

edit:
Oh, that thread session has ended, I'll close it then. sorry that you can't answer to my comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: