Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
know-your-game-png.98377

This new session starts with @Chary. Our favourite reporter will be questioned about Fire Emblem: Awakening, possibly one of the best of the series! How many fans will share thier questions? Only now we will know!

Timeline_Cover.jpg

RULES and info:
These are done in the same fashion as KYT. The public asks the questions, the questioned answers.
You may ask questions about the game, the persons experiences with the game, and generally topics relating to said game.
Interviews last 3 days.
NO HENTAI games.
NO QUICK TEMPLATES (I see any and you're kicked).
And lastly NO HATERS.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/know-your-game-signups.448911/

and without further ado, ask away. :grog:

Reactions: Chary

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there any nudity in this game?
Would you say that this game is better than Pong?
Is it possible that this game could make use of @VinsCool's NeoFetch configuration file?

Attachments

• VinsCool_config.rar
    361 bytes · Views: 170

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What are your thoughts on perma-death, in a gamle like this?
Did you choose to play with or without perma-death?
Are you happy that the option exists?

Single best feature in the game? It can be either gameplay element, a song, a color, a character... anything. What one single thing was the absolute best? :D

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
...after Emmeryn's death? That part tore me up ;~;
I think she wasn't built up well enough as a character for me to feel invested. The chapter after her death and the music, though, were fantastic

Is there any nudity in this game?
Would you say that this game is better than Pong?
Is it possible that this game could make use of @VinsCool's NeoFetch configuration file?
no but there are some beach scenes that got censored in the English release.
Pong doesn't have WAIFUS :wub:
Let's see *reads file* Carry the 1...multiply by 42...divide by 0...Yes! Yes the neowhatever can definitely be of critical use.

the most OP unit in the game ?
your Favorite character ?
Was the final boss really THAT hard ?
how does it compare to SMT in terms of difficulty ?
best piece of OST in the game ?
If done right, Lucina or Robin for sure. Early game Frederick is also a BEAST
Toss up between Lucina, Owain, or Inigo.
Not at all! Just toss pair up chrom and robin and you win ez.
FE:A's difficulty is mostly RNG based. SMT, especially nocturne, is more strategy based, with the buffs and debuffs, etc. SMT feels far more fair, and is more challenging.

What are your thoughts on perma-death, in a gamle like this?
Did you choose to play with or without perma-death?
Are you happy that the option exists?

Single best feature in the game? It can be either gameplay element, a song, a color, a character... anything. What one single thing was the absolute best? :D
Good one! As a person who played old school entries like 2/4/5/7, I think the permadeath option is a series staple. But at the same time...doesn't everyone just reset when a character dies? I always play with permadeath but I never actually save if anyone dies. It's a weird function that everyone wants, but never uses. I'm glad it exists for the hardcore fans at least.
Hmmm...the shipping mechanic gets my vote. Purely because it's fun, and it's what saved the series.

Why is Genealogy so much better than Awakening?
That's a joke
What's your favorite aspects of the game, have you played other Fe games and what's your opinion on "waifus" an the pair up mechanic?
It's tru tho
Gaiden, New Mystery of the Emblem, Genealogy, Thracia, Blazing Blaze, Path of Radiance, Awakening, Fates, Echoes, and the mobile game. My favorite aspect is the shipping, and the way stats inherit to the kid units. The pair up mechanic itself is broken as crap.
Best character ships? :wub:
*sweats*
I always go F!Robin and Chrom, and Lucina and Inigo. Stahl and Cordelia is adorable, and I like the supports with Lonqu and Lissa.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pong doesn't have WAIFUS :wub:
Now that is where you're wrong, the combination of Pong and Breakout tells the story of a generic anime love triangle!
In Pong the paddles represent the two fucc bois trying to win the heart of the waifu and the ball represents the waifu herself, with the core gameplay of Pong representing the battle of the fucc bois trying to outperform the other in a heated threesome with the waifu, and in Breakout the paddle represents the fucc boi who won the waifu's heart, with the core gameplay of Breakout representing them having romantically inclined sex.

Reactions: Chary and VinsCool

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
(note in advance: my "knowledge" of this game series goes as far as having seen a part of a trailer once. Oh, and some quick wikipedia searching just now)

What makes this (one of) the best game(s) of the franchise?

The combat...is it comparable to advance wars in some way?

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
(note in advance: my "knowledge" of this game series goes as far as having seen a part of a trailer once. Oh, and some quick wikipedia searching just now)

Imo it's not one of the best, the gameplay is pretty shallow compared to other games and it's very easy to break the game so you win every battle. This game is much more simple compared to other Fire Emblem games although it's a good game for beginners (along with Sacred Stones) and is certainly better than Fates.
It's very similar to Advance Wars (both Advance Wars and Awakening were made by the same studio, Intelligent System). They have the same basic gameplay.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
What is you opinion about Nowi?

What do you think about the localization? Do you agree with the censor?

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

The easier accesibility of this game, and the romance mechanic, I think casualized this enough to help the series go mainstream, which saved it from a sad F-zero-like death. But it doesn't mean the game itself is too casual to be interesting--it's still got great character design, an okay story, and some really good levels.

I've not played AW in ages, but if I remember right, the game had things like tanks beating out infantry, and aircrafts were taken out easily by missle launchers? Or something similar, which Fire Emblem also has (lances>swords>axes>lances weapon triangle).

What is you opinion about Nowi?

What do you think about the localization? Do you agree with the censor?
Typical Japan does the typical loli 1000 year old small girl. I don't mind her or her character, though, as it's not really anything offensive.

8-4 did pretty alright with the localization. The only big changes were in DLC scenes, which isn't a really big deal imo. Leaaaaagues better than Treehouse's attempt at localization with Fates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.