Hacking Kirby Triple Deluxe + Gateway Omega 2.2 = local multiplayer?

sbm76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Interested in trying the Kirby Fighters mode as it does seem like a bit of Smash Bros. Just tried to create a group for local multiplayer in Kirby Triple Deluxe. However, as soon as I try to create a group a message saying "A communication error occurred. Returning to the title screen". Anyone else with this problem or can give it a try to see if you run into the same problem?

The game support local multiplayer and download play. I have wireless enabled and I have a Gateway with Omega 2.2. EMUNand is updated with latest available version.

sbm76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply! The game is not trimmed. However, it is the US version and I have a EU 3DS. Did not know that the console and game had to be the same region in order to use local multiplayer, so I guess this is the reason why.

On a side note: There goes my plans for Monster Hunter 4 local multiplayer. :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
is the rom the same region as the 3ds you are using?
i have had problems with games not working with multiplayer when you use them on another region

-edit. whoops too slow :)

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it trimmed? pretty sure trimming breaks local multiplayer, also the game and console has to be the same region to use local multi player

Trimming does not break multiplayer (local or online) or download play as I've successfully started a download play session of Mario Party Island Tour using a trimmed rom. What I found to be more surprising is that the download play worked with both a Gateway-mode 3DS and a 7.1 3DS. I'm glad that there weren't any problems whatsoever, as DS Flashcart Download Play had a lot of restrictions (ROMs had to be untrimmed/receiving units needed Flashme) until near the end of the lifecycle. I guess the devs used that knowledge from the DS era in developing the trimming tools and we got lucky that Gateway's software doesn't do anything to break it in the first place. I can't say whether or not Download Play works with MT-Card, as I don't have one of those.

But's enough of my slightly off-topic ramblings. :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well im just going off what others have said about download play not working with trimmed roms, it might vary or it could of been complete BS

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
try it out, nothing to lose. i expect it to work, since most big multiplayer games (animal crossing, pokemon etc) are region free multiplayer. - but this is not the case with every game, but i'd bet money it would work.

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
try it out, nothing to lose. i expect it to work, since most big multiplayer games (animal crossing, pokemon etc) are region free multiplayer. - but this is not the case with every game, but i'd bet money it would work.
It doesn't even show up on the others 3ds local download play... kinda sucks

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It doesn't even show up on the others 3ds local download play... kinda sucks
ooh, i just realized the thread is about kirby, but i was talking about super smash bros since that is what the post above me was talking about, so kirby fighters doesn't work cross region? that's a shame then.
or you mean ssb?

maybe download play itself it region locked... i think that is true.
but wireless playing there is not a hard and fast rule

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s