Hacking Kingmax MicroSD Speed? Please Help.

mikesnickname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

I recently just purchased a black kingmax 512mb microsd card. The speed of the card is 66x.

I'm not sure of the speed equaliancy to mb/s.

I just want to make sure that it is as fast as my purple kingmax microsd card, which is 12.5 mb/s.

Thanks guys.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You KingMAX microSD is 80X rated.

And having fast flash media does correct lag issues unless you are using the newer Lite model flashcarts, such as the SuperCard Lite, which have improved bandwidth anyway.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not the color that decides the speed, it is the components (like you wouldn't know that). So download hdtach and test it out, if the package says its a 66x card... then you are most likely holding one. Test it out and post your results here.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The trouble with HDtach results is it can be linited by the sd reader/writer used.

For example the sd reader that comes with ez4 carts gives woefull hdtach results. There was a thread on sosuke forums where someone was convinced they had a fake sandisk ultra because of the hdtach results, when others tested we all found we had identical results whatever mem card... so the the sd reader was holding it back. The guy with the sandisk ultra bought another reader and then got the correct results for his mem card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet