Kingdom Hearts III confirmed for 2018, gets Toy Story trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 15, 2017.

1. smileyhead

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    I've never played any of the games, and also only understood a grand total of one word from the whole thing, but I still enjoyed it. wow. maybe I should get into this series.

lcie nimbus and Meteor7 like this.
  2. Burlsol

Burlsol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    All I know is that Donald is fucking hard to understand in Japanese... Almost impressed that they managed to carry his speech impediment over 1 to 1, but also in Japanese. That right there is the hardest working VA there has to be.

lcie nimbus likes this.
  3. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    WE will get ff7 remake for ps5, so don't worry about it

4. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Square Enix should release the previous KH collections on the Switch while at it, if they really do plan on making a KH3 for it.

5. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    as a person who doesn't own any playstation devices(well, ps1 at least) that would be awesome

Meteor7 likes this.
  6. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    It's a bit strange that they're developing KH3 for Xbox but they didn't release a KH collection. Same goes for MGSV.

Xbox gamers who never played KH or MGS probably didn't understood the game's story very well.

7. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    The ps3/4 collections are Playstation temp exclusive. I suspect a collection combing all the other collections to hit the xbox months to a year before kh3 gets released

8. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    I do wonder how long the exclusivity deal on the ffvii remake will be, I know ps4 already has it reserved

9. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Well it better not *beep* up like last time they did for PS3 for extremely long time until PS4. If not, then how long we have to wait?

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Because it wasn't a strategy conducive to their success. Gamecube was the last effort to keep comparable hardware, but didn't do well for sales.

11. yoshimashi

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    It looks so cute * 0 * I can't waiiiit! I never got to play the series when I was a kid (games were forbidden) so when they re-released it on the PS4 I played em & absolutely loved it! I also read that the devs might consider making it playable on the switch *after* they release it on Xbox and PS4 so I'm pretty pumped on that since that'll mean more kingdom heart 3 action on the go! :wub:

12. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    forbidden, pretty strict parent ehh :/

13. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    What are you talking about ff15 was in development for over 5 years. It's was suppose to be on the ps3, and used unreal engine before they pushed it to the ps4 and developed their own engine for it. It also went through a name change going from final fantasy versus 13 to final fantasy 15

14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    People absolutely have a right to complain about specs when they make the product not competitive on the marketplace. Technology progresses through critique, not praise. Criticism is always more constructive than compliments, Nintendo has a long history of ignoring criticism, that's the issue here. I have a Switch, but even if I didn't have one, I'd be entitled to criticise it all the same because having an opinion isn't a crime.

15. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Re read my comment, I said their games take forever. but once they announce their release date, they stick to it. I know that final fantasy 15 was more than 10 years in development

16. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    That's exactly right!

Or get burned out and decide not to buy 3...

17. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    competitive to pushing specs as a console or as a handheld, I see it as a good competitor as a mobile gaming device till the vita 2 comes out never since they forgot about the dang thing

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ya should be fine, hopefully *gulp*

18. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Sony closed the book on dedicated mobile consoles and shifted focus to home consoles as they've correctly ascertained that the market is shrinking in favour of smartphones. Nintendo recognises the threat as well, which is why the Switch is a "hybrid" (it's not, it's a tablet with a TV Out) and not a dedicated handheld like the 3DS.

19. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    marketing can make a differences, ya think as many woulda sold marketing as a tablet with a tv out instead, still, It's awesome having a portable device actually ment for gaming unlike tablets

20. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Everyone has a smartphone and they all support casual gaming, that's it, you can't compete with that. The 3DS had all the good publicity Nintendo could possibly dream of, zero competition from Sony due to Vita's sudden withdrawl and it still failed to reach even half of its predecessor's sales (154 million units versus 66.1 to date). The game's over, handheld consoles are out, smartphones are in - it's a shrinking market. Only die-hard gamers will buy them from now on, and they're a fraction of the player base. The Switch was marketed as a hybrid so that it doesn't slide down the same slope, which doesn't change the overall trend.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.