Gaming Kingdom Hearts 3D - First Trailer

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThommyTheBoy said:
it can't be about their exam... this is before Kingdom Hearts 2... they are wearing their "Kiddie" Clothes, and jugging by the title this probably never happened, its a dream or a parallel universe or something. still fucking awesome though!

If you pay attention at the beginning of the trailer, they are both older and Sora is holding the bottled message, which means at least some of this happens after 2.

admotonic

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The gameplay looks to be the best yet!
In saying this though, to me it looked like they were in some kind of "mode" due to the fact that they were glowing, meaning that moves like that can't be used all the time, but this could just be one of their normal moves. Either way this is on my 3DS wish list

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my gawd! It's raining Sora!

Seriously though, this game looks pretty good. The graphics are on par with the PS2 games, if not slightly better, since the shaders look nicer. The gameplay looks great, which is more I can say about the other handheld games (Not like the other handheld games were bad, just not great.). I probably won't get it right when it comes out, but I'll probably get it later.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.O Wow so awesome, kinda ruin with the name, but whatever. Should I have keep it like it was, but points for creativity.
tongue.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
For all saying that it doesn't take place after KH2:

You would have to be very oblivious to still believe this. It (the trailer) starts with the secret Re: Coded ending talking about the Mark of Mastery test along with Sora and Riku receiving the Mickey message they got at the end of KH2. Through simple thought, you can tell this is the letter informing the two of the Mark of Mastery test they must both take.

Yen-Sid, obviously having control over the Mark of Mastery test, has more than likely placed the two into a dream world of sorts where they are to face their toughest challenges yet. If successful, they will emerge Keyblade masters. If they fail; who knows? A good hint of this is their confrontations shown at the end of the trailer.

At the end of the trailer, Riku is facing heartless Xeanort (excuse my spelling), while Sora is facing Organization XIII Xemnas. These are two enemies that were very important towards Sora's and Riku's trials in the previous two main titles also showing that this takes place after.

If you want more proof than what was above, this was already confirmed to be the link that leads into KH3. This means it starts right after KHII.

AAAAAANY WAYS, I'm looking forward to this. The way the combat is set up looks incredible so far, and the graphics look fantastic to boot. I am anticipating this heavily. The title does obviously hold significance, but it is kinda....meh.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would never hold a name against the game, so i don't really care about it. They could call it anything and i'd still play it if it was fun. And this one is looking mighty fine so far.

Fun fact- This marks the first Kingdom Hearts game on a Nintendo system to use a circular health bar. Random i know, but it has become kind of a trademark of the interface of KH games. I assume they only used linear health bars in the past due to resolution restrictions. 3DS does not suffer from such restrictions.

Another interesting fact- Riku is using his Soul Eater dark sword here, even though he has a keyblade of his own: Way to Dawn. No telling why this is. Unless their memories have been temporarily altered to only remember their bases of weapons and abilities. We'll see. I'm interested to learn whether his weapon will change form as Sora's does and other keyblade wielders do. Maybe he'll get different keyblades later on. Playing as him in COM, it was just his base strength that leveled up

Graphics look at least as good as the PS2 games. Bit flashier for sure though, taking some cues from BBS. A previous bit of footage showed some nicer heartless death animations than the other games. It's either going to look as good as the best lookers in the series, or a bit better. Plus this game is still quite early in development. 3DS is the most powerful system the series has been on yet.

Loving the new swinging, wall jumping, surfing stuff. Nice ways to make use of the environments and looks like there's platforming involved. I'm getting tired of the totally flat worlds seen in KH2 and BBS.

And on another Disney movie fanboy note-
Hell yeah! Hunchback of Notre Dame world!!! Love that movie! If we get to fight Frollo, i hope they use the hellfire song or something.
biggrin.gif

VentusVanitas

Trophies
XP
Country
Kingdom.

Hearts.

3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, two awesome games formally announced today ! (This and FFXIII-2)

Excellent graphics, great gameplay. I'm a little iffy on the name, but hey, it's Kingdom Hearts. If anyone says they're milking it, at least it has a story, they don't want plotholes.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
granville said:
Another interesting fact- Riku is using his Soul Eater dark sword here, even though he has a keyblade of his own: Way to Dawn. No telling why this is. Unless their memories have been temporarily altered to only remember their bases of weapons and abilities. We'll see. I'm interested to learn whether his weapon will change form as Sora's does and other keyblade wielders do. Maybe he'll get different keyblades later on. Playing as him in COM, it was just his base strength that leveled up

Don't they always do that with trailers? Using the character's standard weapon.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
granville said:

Don't they always do that with trailers? Using the character's standard weapon.
Sure, but the standard weapons for the main characters are always keyblades. Sora has his kingdom key, as does Roxas. Ven, Terra, and Aqua all had their default starting keyblades as well. The issue here is that Riku can now wield a keyblade by the end of KH2. Soul Eater is not a keyblade at all, but a dark sword. One wonders why he's not just wielding some kind of downgraded dark-themed keyblade instead of it. I guess it will be explained, but whatever.

woodninja13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How I see it...

It is indeed after KHII/Re:coded (letter and bottle prove it)
The name "Dream Drop Distance" is a very potential clue to the story line but why?
Thats because as others have said, in a Mark of Mastery Exam the judge/observer (this one being Yen Sid)
can choose what and how the exam will work
My guess is that he chooses to send sora and riku into a state where they recall past events as dreams
with some manipulations(big word i know.)
as for the fast motion swinging and wall bouncing is probably a new ability they have while in this "dream world"
as for why riku faces ansem seeker of darkness, and sora faces xemnas leader of organization XIII is because of one obvious reason, two stories to play people(similar to KH:BBS where you have three stories to play)

These are my thoughts on the game but I may be wrong DO NOT TAKE THIS TO HEART!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.