Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is now a save editor! All you have to do is thank @delebile and go here:
https://github.com/delebile/kh3ds_savedit/releases/

---------------------------------------------------

Note: Sorry if something here is wrong. I had never hex edited anything before yesterday, and I was doing a lot of it on a hex editor on my phone, so....yeah.

This is what I used to dump my save on my 3DS 10.1.0-27U
  1. Insert the game into my 3DS and, through Ironhax, launch the HomeBrew Menu.
  2. Start svdt, let it do an automatic backup, then copy somdat1.bin to the root of my sd card.

These are the hex values of a lot of things in the game. For the Dream Pieces, Training Toys, and Command Deck Items, these values are used to give you more of these items. To give yourself these items if you have none, look for their ID in the pastebin, go to the values listed here, and edit the values infront of those to add it (i.e. to add 85 Fleeting Figments to yourself, it would look like 00 06 55, with 55 being at BD5E.)

Fleeting Figment - BD5E
Fleeting Fancy - BD62
Fleeting Fantasy - BD66
Lofty Figment - BD6A
Lofty Fancy - BD6E
Lofty Fantasy - BD72
Rampant Figment - BD76
Rampant Fancy - BD7A
Rampant Fantasy - BD7E
Dulcet Figment - BD82
Dulcet Fancy - BD86
Dulcet Fantasy - BD8A
Malleable - BD8E
Prickly - BD92
Wild - BD96
Epic - BD9A
Charming - BD9E
Brilliant - BDA2
Savage - BDB2
Intrepid Figment - BDA6
Intrepid Fancy - BDAA
Intrepid Fantasy - BDAE
Noble Figment - BDB6
Noble Fancy - BDBA
Noble Fantasy - BDBE
Grim Figment - BDC2
Grim Fancy - BDC6
Grim Fantasy - BDCA
Vibrant Figment - BDCE
Vibrant Fancy - BDD2
Vibrant Fantasy - BDD6
Troubling Figment - BDDA
Troubling Fancy - BDDE
Troubling Fantasy - BDE2
Wondrous Figment - BDE6
Wondrous Fancy - BDEA
Wondrous Fantasy - BDEE

Confetti Candy - BDF2
Shield Cookie - BDF6
Block-It Chocolate - BDFA
Ice Dream Cone - BDFE
Confetti Candy 2 - BE06
Shield Cookie 2 - BE0A
Block-It Chocolate 2 - BE0E
Ice Dream Cone 2 - BE12
Confetti Candy 3 - BE1A
Shield Cookie 3 - BE1E
Block-It Chocolate 3 - BE22
Ice Dream Cone 3 - BE26
Royal Cake - BE02
Balloon - BE42
Treasure Goggles - BE4E
Water Barrel - BE52
Red - BE56
Blue - BE5A
Black - BE6A
Sky Blue - BE72
Green - BE5E
Yellow - BE62
White - BE66
Purple - BE6E

Potion - C00D
Drop-Me-Not - C08D
(Still working on this, as it appears to follow a different pattern

The value for money (Max. 999999) is stored at values D2C8, D2C9, and D2CA, but reversed. So, for example, if the amount, in hex, was 123456, you'd put 56 at D2C8, 34 at D2C9, and 12 at D2CA. I would recommend against adding more than 999999 as I don't know what would happen. Note: This change is not reflected at the save select screen, but upon going in-game, the values will be the edited ones!

The data for Sora's level is at D1F0, and Riku's is at D26C. This value will change his level, and it appears to give him the right exp/stats as well (not confirmed). Sora's exp is stored at D1CC, D1CD, and D1CE, with Riku's being at D248, D249, and D24A, and it is reversed like how money is. Sora and Riku's max level is 99, and their max exp is 786680 (unconfirmed). Note: This change is not reflected at the save select screen, but upon going in-game, the values will be the edited ones! I also have not yet tested to see what happens if you give him enough exp to level up, without changing the levels.

The area reserved for Sora's Keyblades is at BB70-BB89, and Riku's is at BB92-BBAF. The keyblades are listed as XX02 for Sora and 1X02 for Riku, with Sora's Kingdom Key being the first in his area as 0002, and Riku's Way to the Dawn being the last in his, as 1F02. Before you try modifying their keyblades, there are important restriction you must keep in mind:
  1. They keyblades are Character Area locked, meaning keyblades put in Riku's area cannot be accessed by Sora, even if only Sora can use them.
  2. They are not slot locked, meaning in a new save, you can put the Ultima Weapon after the Kingdom Key and Sora will be able to use it. Whether or not it is overwritten when he actually gets the keyblade that goes there, I'm not sure. To be safe, I'd only put them where they would assumingly be (remember, they are XX02, so to add the Guardian Bell to Sora, it would look like this: 00 02 00 00 02 02.)
  3. They keyblades are character specific, meaning Sora can't use the Way to the Dawn or Ocean's Rage if you edit him to have them. The same is true for Riku with the Kingdom Key or Ferris Gear. Each other Keyblades have a double: one for Sora and one for Riku (ex. 0102 for Sora's Skull Noise, and 1102 for Riku's).
  4. No beta keyblades work. They automatically get added to the end of the list in the stock menu in Items, and they push your items up by one, causing other items to appear in your keyblades list, which causes a freeze if you equip them then leave the menu.

Here is the pastebin with some ID values: http://pastebin.com/6w2Cs71m

And here is a pastebin by @bweep that shows some other great things, such as editing your location and dream eaters: http://pastebin.com/iupbBrjR

For now my next goals (for whenever I have access to a computer to use HxD) is modifying money, medals, and (since I was now able to make a Skelterwild and get exp. walker) experience points (which should lead me to levels) Note: Need Riku's level and exp. I also need to find out how to change abilities, as well as find the rest of the command deck items (high potion, mega potion, etc.) If anyone wants to help, by all means, feel free to, because with just me, this will probably move along slowly.

IMPORTANT INFO:
  1. This was dumped from my game, somdat1.bin which is saved in slot 2, with nothing in slot 1. Presumably a save in slot 1 will be called somdat0.bin, and the values will be the same. Comfirmed by me after creating a new save to edit in items.
  2. I used only svdt to dump my save. I assume that it will work/be named similarly if you use save_manager or SaveDataFiller.
  3. This was done only on somdat0.bin/somdat1.bin. NOTHING WAS DONE TO SOMSYS.BIN.
  4. Everything that I did was put here, and was done as it is written. That means, hopefully, that there is no save checksum used. Since this was done on a cartridge, and since this game is cartridge only, there's no need to edit a secure value at all. [*]THIS CANNOT BE USED TO GIVE YOURSELF AN ITEM THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE. I know, because I tried to give myself Wild Fantasies, but nothing happened. Editing the value before (BD95) gave me an item, but it was a Fleeting (I think Figment) item. Eventually, I got one in-game, and was able to modify it, which is why its on the list, but I didn't have a backup made from before I got it, so more needs to be done with adding items you don't have.This appears to be possible soon, as I was able to give myself some (beta?) items.
  5. For the items, in hex there appears to be three values between them. For example, BD5E (Fleeting Figment) has three values, BD5F, BD60, and BD61 before the next one, BD62 (Fleeting Fancy). I believe this relates to the problem above, as they may be identifiers of some sort. Confirmed by @darkmanwe4ever , more infomation is needed about the indentifing values. Check the pastebin for ID values found so far.

Special thanks (this probably is missing someone):
darkmanwe4ever
Bweep
delebile

Last edited by Hollow_Dragonite,

darkmanwe4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You actually can give youself items you currently don't have, as the values for an item are something like XX XX YY 00, where the X's are each item's ID, the Y's (which would be the values you gave us before for each item) are the quantity and 00 to separate each item.
The item ID are consecutive numbers: 0108, 0208, etc (though I don't have access to my 3ds just now so I can't give you the exact ID's), and the values for the items you don't have are all 0's, so if you have a figment and a fancy you should be able to give yourself the fantasy, let's suppose you have:
L figment (3) L fancy (22) L fantasy (0) M figment (5)...
01 08 03 00 02 08 22 00 00 00 00 00 04 08 05...
you would have to put "03 08 01" to get 1 of the "L fantasy".
I'm sorry this is so abstract (I tried to make it as clear as I can), but Idon't have my 3ds with me. I hope this is of help to you.

Hollow_Dragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I understand. As its very late where I am, tomorrow I'll start a new game and see if I can give myself items with the info you gave me. I'll update the first post with the results, plus other info I've found (money, sora's level+exp, etc.)

Hollow_Dragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was able to hack in some items, but two had no description (beta items?), and the third (treasure goggles) was in the wrong tab (untested to see if it works).
IMG-20150929-00012.jpg

Either the values were wrong, or it is save slot dependent.

Edit: Just noticed you said can't give you exact values. Oops. Regardless, checking my real save gave me what I needed: the values start with 0006 for fleeting figment, and go from there 0106, 0206, 0306, etc. You can get them from there, but I'll find and add the rest later! Item adding successful!

-----------
Also, I did this:
IMG-20150929-00011.jpg

Hint: check my level

Hollow_Dragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for no updates, the last two days were a bit rough, but today I'm working on this again!

Riku's Level offset is D26C .
Hey, thanks man. Let me try it myself + find his exp and then I'll add it to the first post.

Wow! You are doing an amazing job! Could you try to add keyblades and abillities if it is possible, please?
While both are things I want to do, it might have to wait until later, as finding keyblades might be a little more difficult, since there's no easy way to add/remove them without changing something else. As for abillities, I'm not sure how it would work in regards to the ones that are active based on your equipped dream eaters, and since I got a Skelterwind, I got the only ability I was missing completely, exp walker. A new save should help though, and this might be my next goal.

darkmanwe4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think I understand. As its very late where I am, tomorrow I'll start a new game and see if I can give myself items with the info you gave me. I'll update the first post with the results, plus other info I've found (money, sora's level+exp, etc.)

Cool!, I tried to change munny but couldn't for the love of my life find the 'real' offsets, I just managed to change the value shown in the load screen (it begins at 0014 iirc), but not in game.
Btw, Riku's exp is at D248, D249 and D24A, changing exp does not change your level automatically, but you just need to gain more exp to level up. Also, my Riku's max exp seems to be 786735 at lvl 99 and the exp for next level is now 0.

Hollow_Dragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! You are doing an amazing job! Could you try to add keyblades and abillities if it is possible, please?
Welp. I lied. Found keyblades, and sora's+riku's keyblade slots while changing the id values of my items. There are some restrictions there, so give me some time before I update the main post. I also found ability ids, but not the ability location in the save. Soon, though. I hope.

Cool!, I tried to change munny but couldn't for the love of my life find the 'real' offsets, I just managed to change the value shown in the load screen (it begins at 0014 iirc), but not in game.
Btw, Riku's exp is at D248, D249 and D24A, changing exp does not change your level automatically, but you just need to gain more exp to level up. Also, my Riku's max exp seems to be 786735 at lvl 99 and the exp for next level is now 0.
I managed to figure out riku's exp, but thanks, I really do apreciate the thought/effort. As for the munny stuff, I figured it out too, but thought there's no point in posting it, since it doesn't actually change anything, and most people (me) won't edit a second value that doesn't really help. As for your money not changing, I did it multiple times and it worked. Are you sure you did it right? Try again. It shouldn't matter, though, but I only did it with sora active in my save. And your max exp for riku is different than mine. For me, it was the same as sora: 786680. Maybe max is different based on difficulty? (Doing a proud[?] run right now)

---------------------------------------

Okay, so while messing with id values, I found some interesting stuff. Eventually, I'll post all my findings to a pastebin or something, but here is some interesting points:

It seems a lot, and I mean a lot of things have ids, even things that aren't in the items menu:
IMG-20150930-00016.jpg

There's also a lot of this:
IMG-20150930-00017.jpg

I also found this:
IMG-20151001-00018.jpg

Unfortunately, neither sora nor riku can equip it. I tried.

Note: Interestingly, I was in The Grid while doing this, and all of sora's keyblades, like the kingdom key in the pic, and all of riku's keyblades (riku being who I was using), changed to their The Grid style, but Soul Eater didn't change.

Reactions: Doredialilligan
D

Deleted User

How much i loved this game.
If you are under research, and you are looking for a coder i offer myself to write a tool/gui to edit the game.
And who knows, i can try to make it an homebrew and edit the game directly from the 3ds.
Are you interested?
Also, a game hacking of this game has much potential btw...

Hollow_Dragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much i loved this game.
If you are under research, and you are looking for a coder i offer myself to write a tool/gui to edit the game.
And who knows, i can try to make it an homebrew and edit the game directly from the 3ds.
Are you interested?
Also, a game hacking of this game has much potential btw...
A game hacking? Like a rom hack? I'd currently have no use/interest in that, as my 3DS is updated to the latest, and I have no 3DS flashcards.
And, while I'm not looking for a coder, I'd be really happy to have someone make an editor. I would, and wanted to, do it myself, but I don't know how to code, so if you want to, feel free to do so, and I'll help in whatever way I can.

Reactions: Deleted User

Doredialilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Updated main post with Riku's level, exp, both Sora and Riku's keyblades, and a pastebin with ID values.
Amazing job, I'm very thankful for your researchs.

Today i'll try to start the project up.
I'll ask you for infos about the save format then
That would be very nice for me, because I don't know how to change some of the IDs in the pastebin :)

Hollow_Dragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah! This is great. I need to add people to the main post for helping me. Keep forgetting to do that.

That would be very nice for me, because I don't know how to change some of the IDs in the pastebin :)
Well, for now, the only thing you should be changing are keyblades, dream pieces, foods, and training toys. The rest there is really just to show what's there. And I know, my wording is not that easy to understand, but it is explained in a way so that if you do understand, hopefully you can't mess up. What are you trying to do? Is it extensive? Technically, you could pm me your save, and I could do it for you if it's too hard/too much. If it's only one or two things, I'll just tell you how to do it.

Doredialilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, for now, the only thing you should be changing are keyblades, dream pieces, foods, and training toys. The rest there is really just to show what's there. And I know, my wording is not that easy to understand, but it is explained in a way so that if you do understand, hopefully you can't mess up. What are you trying to do? Is it extensive? Technically, you could pm me your save, and I could do it for you if it's too hard/too much. If it's only one or two things, I'll just tell you how to do it.
I was trying to change Command Deck Action (not Combat) Commands, Abilities, Key Items, Glossary and Memento Entries, but I don't now were I have to change anything because I didn't see a line like "BD5E". That was my mistake and thank you for your support :)

Hollow_Dragonite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can't help you there. I don't know where in the save those would go, and adding them elsewhere let's you see them, but function-wise, it would be useless.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Firstly, great stuff mate, I tried adding 55 to the fragment pieces and even to the Level 3 food but they don't show up. I'm guessing you have to have atleast 1 in your inventory before you end up editing it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb