• Views 6,975
  • Replies 90
  • Likes 14

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I have one bulky headset which is my headset for my phone, my music and my games.. Because it's the only headset I can wear due to deformed ears. x.x;

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I have one bulky headset which is my headset for my phone, my music and my games.. Because it's the only headset I can wear due to deformed ears. x.x;

A very common ailment amoung Nintendo faybois.

IMG_0028.JPG

Reactions: Xzi

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until we see what the app does.. lets not call it useless.. cause the same theory could be applied to any number of apps we use daily.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don't think it will be a problem to use the phone. Maybe it is even more comfortable with a secound screen. Everybody has got a smartphone.
Most of the time I don't use voice chat and I am glad that the switch can use all its power for the game and doesn't need to reserve resources for voice chat. Also problaby voice chat on the go drains the battery.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've never really been much of a user of voice chat, but this strikes me as being bizarrely backwards.

What's more disappointing is that there are still so many people that continue to religiously defend Nintendo's stupid design choices.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by foob,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
could it maybe possibly be people have different experiences than you? or the games or times or other variables would mitigate the annoying kid factor? though you're probably right, you seem pretty sure that your experience is the superior reality and everyone else who's had those experiences must be mad with delusions.
No, not that. Constantly using the same excuse to bash voice-chat is what I'm seeing here.

As things are, Nintendo gamers won't be able to ever have a good voice-chat conversation while playing online because everyone always bitches saying "kids are screaming derpy derp derpdoo" and so on. Of course, there are kids screaming but they do not make the majority of the chats through voice-chat, it's just a stupid generalisation done by gamers who don't like voice-chat and want it suppressed.

How dare I wish I could chat with other Nintendo players when playing online.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Until we see what the app does.. lets not call it useless.. cause the same theory could be applied to any number of apps we use daily.
It's only usable to chat with users on your friend list so it limits it very much to many who don't use the friend-feature on Nintendo.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, not that. Constantly using the same excuse to bash voice-chat is what I'm seeing here.

As things are, Nintendo gamers won't be able to ever have a good voice-chat conversation while playing online because everyone always bitches saying "kids are screaming derpy derp derpdoo" and so on. Of course, there are kids screaming but they do not make the majority of the chats through voice-chat, it's just a stupid generalisation done by gamers who don't like voice-chat and want it suppressed.

How dare I wish I could chat with other Nintendo players when playing online.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's only usable to chat with users on your friend list so it limits it very much to many who don't use the friend-feature on Nintendo.
looks like we've had opposite experiences. i even hear it in elder scrolls online from time to time. left4dead 2 was the worst offender, with a every single group i joined up with being screaming gibons and randomly shooting friend and foe alike.

could be the games you're playing, the time of day your playing them, or the random gods smiling on you, but i'd just consider myself lucky. it has never not happened to me. i even know one of the howler monkeys because the lovely kid keeps turning chat back on so i get lovely screams and annoying people quite often.

no, this actually is a ginormous selling point for me.sucks it's not optional, but that'd suck for me as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1