Gaming Kid Icarus Uprising - Weapon modding

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to hex edit a save file to get better weapons? I'm tired of searching and fusing and still not getting anything worth, so any help would be appreciated

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 shitty weapons makes a shittier weapon.

2 awesome weapons makes a pretty sweet weapon.

It's simple.

Just play the campaign on harder difficulties so you can start getting better weapons, or play online and try your best to win.

See which weapons have cool attributes and combine it with one that has other attributes that you like.

I generally look at special things that a weapon has like Petrification +4 rather than how many stars it has. Just because it has a low
range/melee star count doesn't mean it is a bad weapon.

As for game save hacks. No. Not at this point in time.

Reactions: 2 people

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to hex edit a save file to get better weapons? I'm tired of searching and fusing and still not getting anything worth, so any help would be appreciated
No. There isn't. And I kinda hope there won't be any. It would be very bad if this game was plagued by cheating players.

Reactions: 7 people

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It's simple.

Just play the campaign on harder difficulties so you can start getting better weapons, or play online and try your best to win.

See which weapon has cool attributes and combine it with one that has other attributes that you like.

I do but always get crap, cant find the right weapon lol

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You want better loot? Here's something you can do:
1. Play any chapter on intensity 9.0
2. Fuse powerful weapons with powerful weapons to get an even better one.
3. Buy powerful weapons from the 2 goddesses.

Reactions: 1 person

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. There isn't. And I kinda hope there won't be any. It would be very bad if this game was plagiued by cheating players.

And I would like for campaign, not playing online

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. There isn't. And I kinda hope there won't be any. It would be very bad if this game was plagiued by cheating players.

And I would like for campaign, not playing online

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even doing 9.0 runs on Chapter 1 gets you some good weapons. Geez, "I cant be bothered to earn my weapons so is there any cheats?"
Hell, unless your playing Pro matches or something you dont even really need good weapons, most of the people online are nubs who just bought the game and spam skyscraper clubs and beam claws.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even doing 9.0 runs on Chapter 1 gets you some good weapons. Geez, "I cant be bothered to earn my weapons so is there any cheats?"
Hell, unless your playing Pro matches or something you dont even really need good weapons, most of the people online are nubs who just bought the game and spam skyscraper clubs and beam claws.
Funny, most beam claws users I play completely suck. I see more magnus club users than beam claws(in fact I see the latter rarely.). Than again why do I care? :P
I spammed Violet palm today and i was very happy. (makes between 6-9 kills in a match.)

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's simple.

See which weapons have cool attributes and combine it with one that has other attributes that you like.

I generally look at special things that a weapon has like Petrification +4 rather than how many stars it has. Just because it has a low

Not true, two powerful weapons can make a shit weapon. The stars tell you how strong the weapon is compared to a clean no starred weapon, every weapon has different base range and melee attack. The number rating is the ratio used for stuff like 3v3 when the higher the number the more life the team loses.
If you have two no effect bonus weapons that might have like 1 star on everything you can end up with a higher starred weapon. When you end up fusing weapons with effects it lowers stars to balance the added new effects, so when you end up fusing two weapons with great effects you end up with a low star yet high number rated weapon. The game uses some funny algorithm so that you dont just fuse everything and end up with the best weapon, it always keeps it balanced. I have no idea how it chooses what effects to add onto the new weapon, I figure some of it must be random and you just got to keep trying. Best advice is keep replaying until you can get a bunch of weapons and start fusing better ones.

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny, most beam claws users I play completely suck. I see more magnus club users than beam claws(in fact I see the latter rarely.). Than again why do I care? :P
I spammed Violet palm today and i was very happy. (makes between 6-9 kills in a match.)
Try, beam claws... not my kind of weapon...
Raptor claws where it at. :P

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try, beam claws... not my kind of weapon...
Yeah, I've seen 'em a lot lately. Although I know how to deal with them.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:Try, beam claws... not my kind of weapon...
Yeah, I've seen 'em a lot lately. Although I know how to deal with them.
Raptor? I haven't seen many Raptor users, in fact when I play LvD its friggn Beam Claws galore, and EVERYTIME I play someone with them they suck royally, a reason why I don't see how your so hyped up about them and I honestly don't see palms AT ALL on LvD. FoA I'm not too sure about, I suck at working alone, but Violets are easy killers and still kind of fun. And I see much more Ore and Skyscraper then Magnus. Anyway, I would suggest he builds up a nice aresenal by doing Ch.1 runs and doing level 5-7 bot matches. Great ways to build up a good aresenal.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

It's simple.

^This. Except, it should be noted that fusing two weaker weapons sometimes creates a weapon that's a bit more powerful than either of them. But it's hit or miss.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Im 95% complete and I dont have a decent weapon... only chapter 1 is the one with 9.0 finished
Haha, I'm in the same boat. But keep going at it. I've been experimenting with weapon fusions and higher difficulties A LOT lately, so I've been getting decent weapons. You get really good after experimenting with weapons and forcing yourself to play with them. Try testing new weapon types on Chapter 2, on standard difficulty. It's easy of course, but still has a strong enough wave and variation of enemies to help you get the feel for the weapon and get good at it.

I really wish there was a "wave mode" in the practice chamber. It would be nice to be able to train with weapons without having to play through actual levels.

Anyway, weapons i've been liking lately (remember, YMMV depending on the stats and range/melee stars)...

-Beam claws
-Dynamo cannon
-Dark Pit Staff
-Laser Staff
-Somewhat staff
-Bullet blade

Have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello.