JeyEmill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kkJbzWz.gif

Kancolle Kai

Hello Everyone and Welcome to the Kancolle Kai English Translation Thread.
As you can see from the title, we are currently working on the English Translation of the game Kancolle Kai for the PS Vita. We have been working on this project for a couple months now but its only recently that we managed to find a way to install the patch without releasing a Pre-Patched version. We are making this second thread so that everyone can stay up to date with the project.

While we are not yet finished with the translation, we have been working on partial patches (more specifically, Alpha versions 0.1 and 0.2 of the partial translations) which can be downloaded and installed using Henkaku. Those releases will not be included in this thread however considering they involve piracy. Releases posted on this thread will not involve piracy so if you're looking for the actuall game, then you will need to look somewhere else.

The project is still a WIP but we will keep this thread updated constantly with the latest releases, updates, translations, fixes, announcements and more.

Important: We are having some difficulties in translating some of the text in the game that cant be accessed or changed easily. More specifically, its embedded into the code of the game (Might not be the correct term) and we are having a bit of trouble translating them without breaking the game. For now we are going to have to stop translating (After the 0.3 release) until we figure how to make this work. We would greatly appreciate it if anyone who has an idea on how to solve this issue contact us on our Discord Server and see if we can aim for a complete translation of the game. So until then, we are gonna have to halt the project's progression. This doesn't mean that we are going to be dead though, we will still make small hotfixes if necessary for bugs that are found in the translation.

Now onto a separate matter, some people have been having some difficulties in completing the quests because of the inconsistency of the quest's translation (Now fixed in the 0.3 release), So we decided to include a simple area guide of the Kancolle Kai map, just to make everyone's lives a bit easier if you get lost at sea.
Note: The game starts at Naval District Sea [V1].
AgErmeH.png

Screenshots/Updates
2016-10-01-191850.jpg
2016-10-01-191319.jpg
2016-10-01-192524.jpg
2016-10-01-191820.jpg
2016-10-01-191342.jpg
2016-10-01-192227.jpg
2016-10-01-191302.jpg
2016-10-01-192615.jpg
2016-10-01-191628.jpg
2016-10-01-191348.jpg
2016-10-01-191438.jpg
2016-10-01-193404.jpg
Every Stage has been translated with full names and stage numbers (1-1, 1-2, 1-3, and so on)
QXSQfvR.jpg
g3hc2Vf.jpg
pQ7G9py.jpg

Every blue tutorial screen has been fully translated.

NqM7oqA.jpg
zoCZOVw.jpg
1uIp9IN.jpg
sJEmt3k.jpg
iUtofCR.jpg
1Fpz0Vu.jpg
f5UWtyk.jpg

w51mSJn.jpg
DJsFUiB.jpg
All of the Expeditions have been translated.

FShRkJG.jpg

hZ1UMdz.jpg
The Shop has been translated.

wn0Xd78.jpg

wmDKkwc.jpg

BLXmvdO.jpg
All of the Quests have been cleaned and fully translated.
9myQEMB.jpg
Releases/Downloads:
So, here we are with a 0.2.6 update patch for the translation. For those who are new to the project, you might be thinking “What about the older versions?” Well, the older versions were releases that were built into the game (pre-patched), not actual patches. It's at this time that we have figured out how to make an actual patch without needing to host a pirated copy of the game. Also, just to clarify, you dont need the previous versions of the patch for this. This patch covers everything covered in the previous patches with the addition of everything mentioned below.

Now for the important part. How much does this patch translate exactly? As you might have already guessed from the patch version, this is still a partial English patch that covers most of what’s needed to make the game playable, especially for those who are familiar with Kancolle in general.
This partial patch translates the following: Ship Names, Types and Dialogue, Equipment, All of the blue tutorial screens (First time players), 182 out of 207 of the Quests, All of the Stages, Combat Engagements, Main Menu, Quick Menu, Furniture Selection/Shop buttons, Quest buttons, Factory Buttons, Organizer buttons, Refit buttons, Practice buttons, Resupply buttons, And some extra translations. For more info, see screenshots above.

There are still more things that need to be translated like the expeditions (Will be translated in the 0.3 release soon) so we will be updating the patches as we go along with the translations. See the “How To Patch The Game” tab below for more info on the patches and how to install them.

EDIT: There was an issue reported that the Ship names where not translated. The patch has been updated with this issue fixed.

0.2.6 Download: https://goo.gl/BWUGxi
Here we are with the promised 0.3 release. It has been a while since we've released a patch for this project, the reason for it being that we where focusing on this one. While this patch is still a partial patch, this one fixes some big issues that the first one had (0.2.6) and makes the game a lot more playable now (Especially for the experienced Admiral).
Now, I wont drag this on more than it needs to so ill just cut to the chase and explain what does this patch include.
This Patch includes the following:
-All of the quests are now fully translated, cleaned and fixed all of the inconsistencies with the map names and numbers.
-All of the expeditions are now fully translated.
-The item shop is now fully translated.
-Fixed every typo, inconsistency, graphical bugs, and text bugs in the translation.

Now keep in mind that while we fixed every bug and error we noticed in the translation, it is still possible that there are some more that we might have missed. So if you find any of those by any chance, be sure to report it here, or on our Discord Server.

0.3 Download: https://goo.gl/ugeSfK

Now here's the first Hotfix of the 0.3 Release. Keep in mind that you will need to install the 0.3 patch first before installing this one.
This fixes the following:
-A couple of typos and errors in the Quest's translation (Still possible some still exist)

-A graphical bug in the Medal Exchange menu and the Item menu

Hotfix 1 Download: https://goo.gl/LYNJpP

Here's the 2nd Hotfix for the patch.

NOTE: This one includes everything mentioned in the first one. So if your installing 0.3, install Hotfix 2. There is no need to install Hotfix 1
This fixes the following:
- Fixed an error in the details of a crafting quest.
- Added a line break for quest names that where too long to fit.
- A mistake was made in the 0.3 release that the translations of the ship names where not included.With this hotfix the ship names should now be translated. (If you already had 0.2.6 installed before installing 0.3, then this fix does not apply to you.)

Hotfix 2 Download: https://goo.gl/V31EsC
Patch has been updated to 0.4, though this update only contains more fixes in graphical issues, grammar errors, typos and some quests that where still badly translated. I wanted to avoid uploading yet another Hotfix to prevent any more confusion on what to install and in what order so I decided to jump to version 0.4 instead.

0.4 Download: https://goo.gl/JmM1Pp

How To Patch The Game:
1: Your Vita on version 3.60
2: Henkaku & VitaShell Installed on your Vita
3: Have 300 mb of free space on your Vita
4: Already have the game installed on your Vita
5: At least open the game once and make it to the Tittle Screen.
All you need to do is install the downloaded VPK.

Before Patch:
634a498af119b46934ca31a9aaacdb8b.png

After Patch:
0814389b4036a756bcfcc276ff9f2e27.png

It is recommended that you use Save Manager to back up your save data before installing, just in case something happens during the installation process.
NOTE: This is NOT the Full game, this is only the English Patch. You will need to already have the game installed on your vita for this to work. All this does is install the English Patch into your Installed Game. You will keep both your game and save data after installation.

If anyone has any problems or need assistance in installing the patch, talk to us in our Discord Server here: http://discord.me/kancollekai

Admirals Working On This Project:
Isaint - Responsible for starting the project and working on the script.
JeyEmill - Main UI, Image editing, Script editing, and Patch building.
AzureGG - Bug testing and translations.
Red - Created the first patcher.
lyzzz - Programming and translations.
antonizoon - Translations and organization.
emilia - Translations and UI editing.
FuryTomic - Translations and mechanics of the game.
vcharng - Translations and localization.
schrodinger's cat - Translations and proofreading.
176832 - Translations and Image editing.
Pantsu - Translations.
Alice - Translations.
ReY - Image editing.
And special thanks to everyone in our Discord Server who helped us with feedback and bug reports of our releases.

If you have any questions, want to contribute to the project, or just want to talk about anything Kancolle Kai, join us in our Discord Server here: http://discord.me/kancollekai

Last edited by JeyEmill,

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having any issues saving?
You'll probably want to specify what issues you have as there is/was a save bug that happens while using henkaku where the microSD card won't be able to save if you play for too long or put your game in sleep mode for too long.

VertDeLion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I feel like I'm super late for this, but I just got Kantai Kai and just found this thread. I'm running 3.63. Is there any way a patch for this version could be coming out, or if not, is there any way I could support such a project?

azurekaito15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello, I feel like I'm super late for this, but I just got Kantai Kai and just found this thread. I'm running 3.63. Is there any way a patch for this version could be coming out, or if not, is there any way I could support such a project?
welcome to the club :)
sadly the patch cannot run for 3.63 and i don't know if it will happen in the future.
if you want to support the project either help us with the code of the game or tell people that we need help.

WE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR HELP/KNOWLEDGE FOR THE GAME CODE (Might not be the correct term)

carb0n0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The game plays fine in jap but when i install the patch it gives me the "c1-2738-0 game is corrupted" error. What version should i get to install the patch over?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
just curious what are these text in the game that cant be accessed or changed easily? any screen shots in-game and what will happen if they are changed?

Zikell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone re uploaded link for hotfix 1 dan 2 for patch 0.3?
Thanks

You don't need the hot fixes from 0.3 just download patch 0.4. It's not a VPK file so we have top take a few extra steps. Make sure to create a folder under ux0:/mai:/New Folder (RENAME: PCSG00684_patch) and that the game is installed and working. Download patch 0.4, unzip, and copy the media folder into the folder we just created on the Vita. Run Mai and choose the (install patch from folder) option. It worked for me. Good Luck.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-decrypt-and-launch-psn-store-vita-games-without-plugins.548878/

Drag and Drop the Game folder ("nopay"), and the patch folder (with work.bin added) to the, "_decrypt" executable. And Merge the patch and game. NEXT.

merge the "English Patch .04" and overwrite files from your merged patch and game folder (works - but the .4 patch is really outdated in the OP)

Most upto date patch (failed)

https://github.com/wchristian/kc-vita-translation/releases

The .exe is looking for decrypted files from vita shell, in the arrangement it states. (patch and game merged, with nothing else done to those files). That is the theory, just snatching the .4 patch in the OP and trying to update it didn't work.

(readded the nonpdrm plugin to tai, added game and patch, "refresh database" from "vita shell", that allows you to "decrypt and copy" the files, for the instructions in the github link...........just a reminder)

Following Github Instructions 4.310 english

select the "kancolle_kai_translation" folder you renamed from "kancolle_kai_original" (using the .exe patcher from your pc) .............. the contents of the "repatch" folder, is your patch. you can merge this with the decrypted game folder and patch folder and it should work. (repatch folder size 1.33 gb)

"
1.02 patch and game, decrypted with the "repatch" folder merged into the "game and patch merged folder" worked with the .4 patch from OP, it had only one "media" folder .................. with three folders the 4.310 patch failed (vitashell wouldn't install it) ............... trying with just the "media" folder for the 4.310 patch (like the .4 patch) (using "decrypt and launch nonpdrm games" from the top link method) (testing)

EDIT

eiyuu senki english patch v2 and 100% H. images worked, merged with decrypted game folder (it contained a lot of replacements including eboot)

EDIT

only keep the "media" folder in the repatch folder after patching with the .exe .4310 update patcher, or game may not boot, and it does not work, if you include more than the "media" folder when combining to the decrypted game and patch folders - WORKS!

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche