Status
Not open for further replies.

Shicky256

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the K1 out of my closet for the first time in a couple years, and decided to play with it a bit. I noticed that the battery compartment was poking out a bit from the console.

NZWQ96I.jpg

I took the battery out, and noticed that it looked pretty puffy (bulged out of its case), while my DS's battery didn't do this.

LAv8O1s.jpg

Can any other K1 owners confirm or deny that their battery came bulgy? If not, I'll be buying a new battery (I've heard too many cases of batteries expanding and exploding inside peoples' phones to be anything but cautious).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exploding/catching fire is not likely to happen (possible but usually takes some other things to also happen). However the battery is unlikely to work well in this state and there is nothing you can do to restore it. Dispose of it and get a new one.

I doubt the k101 people made a proper custom one so hopefully it is a common mobile phone size or something.

Shicky256

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was more scared of it expanding and damaging the case.
It's the K1 (GBA SP one) not the K101 (Dingoo lookalike), so the battery should be compatible with a standard GBA one.

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was more scared of it expanding and damaging the case.
It's the K1 (GBA SP one) not the K101 (Dingoo lookalike), so the battery should be compatible with a standard GBA one.

You should probably just sell it (to me) and buy a revo k101 plus

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Get a replacement battery. That bulge doesn't look very big, I've experienced a couple of bulging batteries (within a few weeks of eachother, actually) and they bulged a lot more, so this isn't that bad actually.
It shouldn't be dangerous, but it's China so you never know, and the battery life will be complete shit. Best to just toss it.

This can happen if a battery is left alone long enough that it becomes completely discharged. Lithium batteries don't like being discharged, that's why when you don't use a device for a long time, make sure that it has plenty of charge left on it, so that it won't become completely discharged.
Actually this happened with my PSP battery when I got my PSP out to try out a new game, hadn't used it for years and almost as soon as I put it on the charger the battery swelled so much that the battery lid came off.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte